How common is the hybrid bodytype?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.39%

How common is the hybrid bodytype?

Hi, I've always struggled to figure out what bodytype I am in terms of ecto,meso, endo. Well, i used to think ectomorph bc growing up I was always tall and scrawny. However, as soon as I started training after high school I noticed that I gained size very fast, but that size was a combo of fat and muscle. I have a very broad and wide clavicle, very large lats, decently large legs, but small joints. Here's my stats, tell me what you think, (sorry I don't have any pics).
    Male, 28 years old, 6'3'', 225lbs, 15%bodyfat,
    Chest: 48'' Shoulders: 56'' Neck:17'', Arms: 17.5'' Waist 34'', Thighs: 26'', wrists: 7'', ankles: 9.5''. Does that sound predominantly like any one type, or a hybrid?

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.42%

I think most people are more a hybrid than one specific type.
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JayRock View Post
    Hi, I've always struggled to figure out what bodytype I am in terms of ecto,meso, endo. Well, i used to think ectomorph bc growing up I was always tall and scrawny. However, as soon as I started training after high school I noticed that I gained size very fast, but that size was a combo of fat and muscle. I have a very broad and wide clavicle, very large lats, decently large legs, but small joints. Here's my stats, tell me what you think, (sorry I don't have any pics).
    Male, 28 years old, 6'3'', 225lbs, 15%bodyfat,
    Chest: 48'' Shoulders: 56'' Neck:17'', Arms: 17.5'' Waist 34'', Thighs: 26'', wrists: 7'', ankles: 9.5''. Does that sound predominantly like any one type, or a hybrid?
    Although it has been used as a guideline to tell people "what" they are, your "body-type" is really only a SNAPSHOT of where one is at any given time, and you can change it through nutrition and training and other factors. For example, I am a meso-endo, as I gain muscle mass and lose bodyfat very easily when I want to do either, but if I were to stop training, because of my dietary habits, I would gain bodyfat, whereas if I am training, my nutrition can be whatever and I can still maintain leanness.

Quote Originally Posted by revencer View Post
    I think most people are more a hybrid than one specific type.
    ^^^This is true - most people are a mix of at two of the body-types, with one more predominant than the other, and no one is ever specifically one type. See example given above.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rodja's Hybrid Log
    By Rodja in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 07:26 PM
  2. Your Bodytype
    By Lifeguard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 03:17 PM
  3. Hybrid M1T cycle
    By Christoph in forum Anabolics