AD/AL Stack

  1. Registered User
    edvanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Age
    49
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    461

    Thumbs up AD/AL Stack


    Hello PP Fans-
    I received a free bottle of AndroDrive recently and I've decided to stack it with a bottle of Androlean that I bought last summer. I'm looking to cut weight/fat over the next few months of winter. Over the past few years, my weight has slowly crept up. Some of it is from adding muscle and some of it is fat. My starting weight for this log is 247lbs. If I had to "guesstimate" my bodyfat, I'd put it at 18-20%. I'd eventually like to get down to 225-230lbs with a bodyfat around 12-14%. I've always been more of a power lifter than a bodybuilder but I'm changing that now. Too many surgeries/injuries along the way have taken their toll on my body and I'm changing my fitness approach. I'm 47, I had my test levels checked a year ago and they came in at 427. Normal I guess for someone my age but lower than I'd like them to be.

    The Plan:
    My workouts are total body (compound exercises) 2-3 a week, core work along with some HIIT. My schedule for the next 2 months only allow me to get to the gym a couple of times per week so this is my approach. My diet is the biggie. I figure I'm eating around 3,500 calories per day and I'm aiming to drop that to 2700 max. I will allow one cheat meal/evening out with wife per week.

    The Log:
    I will monitor mood, focus, strength/workout intensity, libido, hunger and sleep. I will update this 1-2 a week.

  2. Registered User
    edvanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Age
    49
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    461

    4 Day update


    I've decided to start this log on the light side. I'm stacking 2 caps of each to see how my body reacts. I take 2 AD & 1 AL when I first get up in the morning and 1 cap of AL 4-6 hours later. I really like this stack thus far. I'm focused, my appetite has been squashed, mood is good, my workouts have been really good and my sleep has been very deep. I'd say if anything, maybe a downtick in libido. I will go to 3 caps of each after a week.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    h town
    Posts
    11,429
    Rep Power
    3698362

    nice
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agoura Hills
    Posts
    1,504
    Rep Power
    3213

    Quote Originally Posted by edvanp View Post
    I've decided to start this log on the light side. I'm stacking 2 caps of each to see how my body reacts. I take 2 AD & 1 AL when I first get up in the morning and 1 cap of AL 4-6 hours later. I really like this stack thus far. I'm focused, my appetite has been squashed, mood is good, my workouts have been really good and my sleep has been very deep. I'd say if anything, maybe a downtick in libido. I will go to 3 caps of each after a week.
    I assume the AL is the original, have you considered running these back to back or like you are dosing now with the half and half each day for extended cycle? I'm just asking since they both have 5DHEA as the main ingredient. Either way sound like a cool little motivational/fat burning hootenanny
  5. Registered User
    edvanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Age
    49
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    461

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    I assume the AL is the original, have you considered running these back to back or like you are dosing now with the half and half each day for extended cycle? I'm just asking since they both have 5DHEA as the main ingredient. Either way sound like a cool little motivational/fat burning hootenanny
    Yes, I'm actually thinking of staying at 2 caps per day of each and running this for an extended stack. I like how I feel on it now and you are right, this is the original version of AL.

    Day 5: No sides to report.
  6. Registered User
    edvanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Age
    49
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    461

    Week 1 Done
    -Good week. I experimented with various dosages and to see what worked well and what didn't and what I found to be best for me was 2 AD & 1 AL first thing in the morning when I get up and 1 AL 4-6 hours later. This keeps my hunger in check, which is really the issue I have (like most everyone, I love to eat). A few observations:
    -Mood Good, but I did get pissed off a couple of times and I was good and mad. That being said, I didn't feel out of control.
    -Workouts. Solid, happy to be there, worked hard, Focused!
    -Sleep. Very deep at night.
    -Energy. Good, I seem to be getting more stuff done at work and at home.
    -Libido. No change for the positive.
    -Weight. I'm down a pound for the week.

    Good thus far. With the light dosage I'm taking, I should be able to run this for a solid 8 weeks.
  7. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,390
    Rep Power
    235106

    Subb'd
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  8. Registered User
    edvanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Age
    49
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    461

    Quick correction on the weight for the week, I'm actually down 2lbs. For today, I've dropped the AndroLean and am just using the AndroDrive. I think the AL was putting me in a bit of pissy mood so we'll see how today goes.
  9. Registered User
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,141
    Rep Power
    22024

    Nice, following bud

  10. Registered User
    edvanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Age
    49
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    461

    The last 2 days I went with just AD and my mood was better but I didn't sleep as well. I struggled to fall asleep and stay asleep. Today I've once again added AL. I'm continuing to take AD at 3 caps a day and today, 2 caps of AL.

    Mental focus continues to be very good. My appetite has fallen off, which is what I want and I don't crave anything. I'll see if adding the AL changes my mood today (makes me pissy once again).

    Regarding my training, because of my schedule, I hit the gym twice a week. I'm doing full body workouts doggcrapp style. The disclaimer to this is for legs. I alternate between squats and deadlifts and don't do the "DC" when doing these, everything else (chest, back, arms) is "DC" Style. I usually finish up with 5-10 minutes on the "step-mill". I crank it up and usually go 50 flights of stairs at a pretty good pace. My heart rate is right around 150 when I'm done and I'm sweating like a pig. I feel like I had a workout when I'm done with this.

    More updates in a few days.
  11. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,390
    Rep Power
    235106

    If looking to lose weight, I would try adding cardio in more on the off days. DC is great, but it really is designed for putting on size.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  12. Registered User
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agoura Hills
    Posts
    1,504
    Rep Power
    3213

    Quote Originally Posted by edvanp View Post
    The last 2 days I went with just AD and my mood was better but I didn't sleep as well. I struggled to fall asleep and stay asleep. Today I've once again added AL. I'm continuing to take AD at 3 caps a day and today, 2 caps of AL.

    Mental focus continues to be very good. My appetite has fallen off, which is what I want and I don't crave anything. I'll see if adding the AL changes my mood today (makes me pissy once again).

    Regarding my training, because of my schedule, I hit the gym twice a week. I'm doing full body workouts doggcrapp style. The disclaimer to this is for legs. I alternate between squats and deadlifts and don't do the "DC" when doing these, everything else (chest, back, arms) is "DC" Style. I usually finish up with 5-10 minutes on the "step-mill". I crank it up and usually go 50 flights of stairs at a pretty good pace. My heart rate is right around 150 when I'm done and I'm sweating like a pig. I feel like I had a workout when I'm done with this.

    More updates in a few days.
    I've had that problem with sleep with the dermacrine. It's like wake up at 2 or 3am and body's all LETS DO THIS. Must be the dhea?
  13. Registered User
    edvanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Age
    49
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    461

    Hello Everyone-
    Good sleep last night. I added the AL x 2 caps and that seemed to help alot. My mood was very good, not pissy, so I'm not sure what my issue was earlier in the week. I also weighed myself at the gym and it showed I was down 6lbs since the start? I pissed a lot yesterday so maybe some excess water.

    My workout was good yesterday and I put together a nice intra-workout drink. In approx. 20oz of water, I added 1 scoop of the Cranberry MAP and 2 scoops of watermellon Xtend. Good flavor, not overpowering. I sipped it throughout the workout.

    Heretostudy, I hear ya on the cardio but the days I can workout are limited right now due to my schedule. Mid-March that will change.

    Solid stack thus far, I'm liking it!
  14. Registered User
    68sauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    77

    what is your pct plan?

    asking because i am thinking about the same stack
  15. Registered User
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,141
    Rep Power
    22024

    Quote Originally Posted by edvanp View Post
    Hello Everyone-
    Good sleep last night. I added the AL x 2 caps and that seemed to help alot. My mood was very good, not pissy, so I'm not sure what my issue was earlier in the week. I also weighed myself at the gym and it showed I was down 6lbs since the start? I pissed a lot yesterday so maybe some excess water.

    My workout was good yesterday and I put together a nice intra-workout drink. In approx. 20oz of water, I added 1 scoop of the Cranberry MAP and 2 scoops of watermellon Xtend. Good flavor, not overpowering. I sipped it throughout the workout.

    Heretostudy, I hear ya on the cardio but the days I can workout are limited right now due to my schedule. Mid-March that will change.

    Solid stack thus far, I'm liking it!
    Wow 6 pounds already nice...

  16. Banned
    kc777's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    188
    Rep Power
    0

    That's crazy AL makes you pissy! When I ran it, even though it was only for 6 days, my mood was incredible! I noticed a positive mood change by the 3rd day. I was bummed I had to stop because it did increase motivation and well-being.
  17. Registered User
    edvanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Age
    49
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    461

    Quote Originally Posted by kc777 View Post
    That's crazy AL makes you pissy! When I ran it, even though it was only for 6 days, my mood was incredible! I noticed a positive mood change by the 3rd day. I was bummed I had to stop because it did increase motivation and well-being.
    It had to be something else because I added it back to my stack and my mood has been fine. Not sure what triggered my moodiness but it's done.
  18. Registered User
    edvanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Age
    49
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    461

    Quote Originally Posted by 68sauce View Post
    what is your pct plan?

    asking because i am thinking about the same stack
    I will run DAA (TCF-1) and Sustain Alpha topical. Not sure I'll need anything more that that for this light of a cycle.
  19. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,390
    Rep Power
    235106

    Quote Originally Posted by edvanp View Post
    I will run DAA (TCF-1) and Sustain Alpha topical. Not sure I'll need anything more that that for this light of a cycle.
    You shouldn't.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  20. Registered User
    edvanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Age
    49
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    461

    Hello Everyone-
    I'm down 4 pounds in a bit over 2 weeks. I've been using 3 AD & 2 AL but today I'm trying 5 AD & 2 AL. I played hockey a few days ago and it went quite well for me until my lower back went into spasms half way through the game. I was able to finish the game but the following day I had to visit the chiropractor. I have a return visit today and hope to be back in the weightroom tonight. Not sure about squats but we'll see.

    I'm quite pleased with the weightloss thus far. I was hoping for 1-1.5lbs a week and I'm on target. I'm enjoying this stack. The mental clarity is quite good and what I really like is the discipline I have not to eat junk/crap food. Even though my workouts have been spotty I'm losing weight.
  21. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The South.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,570
    Rep Power
    2410136

    In 2 c weight loss
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  22. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,390
    Rep Power
    235106

    Quote Originally Posted by edvanp View Post
    Hello Everyone-
    I'm down 4 pounds in a bit over 2 weeks. I've been using 3 AD & 2 AL but today I'm trying 5 AD & 2 AL. I played hockey a few days ago and it went quite well for me until my lower back went into spasms half way through the game. I was able to finish the game but the following day I had to visit the chiropractor. I have a return visit today and hope to be back in the weightroom tonight. Not sure about squats but we'll see.

    I'm quite pleased with the weightloss thus far. I was hoping for 1-1.5lbs a week and I'm on target. I'm enjoying this stack. The mental clarity is quite good and what I really like is the discipline I have not to eat junk/crap food. Even though my workouts have been spotty I'm losing weight.
    Nice update. I been telling myself to get back into hockey, but between work, trying to study to push my career, working out, having a GF, and the cost of equipment, it keeps getting pushed off.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  23. Registered User
    edvanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Age
    49
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    461

    Hello Everyone-

    A quick update. Weight is slowly coming off. I'm 3 1/2 weeks into this and down 5lbs. I'm down an inch on my waist from the start of this too. I've had a couple of very good workouts this past week and my diet is holding strong. I've been trying various doses, anywhere from 3-6 AD per day and 2-4 AL per day. I'd say 4 AD & 2 AL works well for me. What I'm consistently seeing thus far is:
    -Mental focus, not mental fog, very nice!
    -Good solid sleep at night.
    -Good focus/aggression in the gym.
    -Good stamina in my workouts
    -discipline to stay on my diet as well as decrease in hunger

    I'm not seeing any difference in libido, very neutral.

    It looks like I have another 10-14 days worth of pills left if I stay at 4 & 2.
  24. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,390
    Rep Power
    235106

    Things seem to be chugging along
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  25. Registered User
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,141
    Rep Power
    22024

    Quote Originally Posted by edvanp View Post
    Hello Everyone-

    A quick update. Weight is slowly coming off. I'm 3 1/2 weeks into this and down 5lbs. I'm down an inch on my waist from the start of this too. I've had a couple of very good workouts this past week and my diet is holding strong. I've been trying various doses, anywhere from 3-6 AD per day and 2-4 AL per day. I'd say 4 AD & 2 AL works well for me. What I'm consistently seeing thus far is:
    -Mental focus, not mental fog, very nice!
    -Good solid sleep at night.
    -Good focus/aggression in the gym.
    -Good stamina in my workouts
    -discipline to stay on my diet as well as decrease in hunger

    I'm not seeing any difference in libido, very neutral.

    It looks like I have another 10-14 days worth of pills left if I stay at 4 & 2.
    Sounds great bud, how are things lately?

  26. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,390
    Rep Power
    235106

    Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Sounds great bud, how are things lately?
    Bump, curious as well .
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  27. Registered User
    edvanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Age
    49
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    461

    Hello Everyone- Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm almost done and getting ready to wrap things up. This has gone extremely well and I'm happy with my results. I've got a couple more days left and will post a final review by the end of the week. Nothing negative to report at this time. Weight is down 6lbs from start.
  28. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,390
    Rep Power
    235106

    Quote Originally Posted by edvanp View Post
    Hello Everyone- Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm almost done and getting ready to wrap things up. This has gone extremely well and I'm happy with my results. I've got a couple more days left and will post a final review by the end of the week. Nothing negative to report at this time. Weight is down 6lbs from start.
    Nice, look forward to final update!
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  29. Registered User
    edvanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Age
    49
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    461

    Final Review:

    I ran this for 5 weeks. Normal dosage during this time was 4xAD and 2xAL. I did up the dose of AD to 6 caps for a while but I didn't find any real advantage of this over the 4 caps.

    Pros:
    Weight loss: -6lbs. I did clean up my diet but I didn't drastically cut calories
    Mental Fog/Alertness: Brain fog was gone, noticeable mental sharpness
    Sleep: Much improved and much deeper.
    Workouts: Good aggression in the gym, very focused!
    Appetite: Not nearly as hungry as normal and when I did eat, I didn't want to eat junk/bad food

    No Change:
    Libido: Didn't notice any difference, negative or positive

    Negative:
    Headache: Some mornings I would have a dull headache for an hour or two after taking these.

    Final Thoughts:
    I really liked the mental improvement it made for me. I had no problems recalling names, events, etc and it seems like the older I get, the more this has become an issue. The weight-loss was nice and the deep sleep for me was great! A couple of times I took AD solo and didn't sleep nearly as well as when I also took the AL.

    A very good stack, especially if one is looking to cut/recomp. I'd love to give this another shot in the future when the new version of AndroLean comes out!
  30. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,390
    Rep Power
    235106

    Nice, thanks for the review!
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. For Sale: Swole Stack and Ultimate Body Transformation Stack (Muscle Builders)
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 07:59 AM
  2. Replies: 301
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 09:49 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 03:31 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 05:30 AM
  5. Good stack? Bad Stack? Epic Stack?
    By mikeylikesit in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.