No Caffeine with Creatine

  1. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765915
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    29.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    No Caffeine with Creatine


    I just bought a little tub of the Primordial Performance Creatine and it says not to be taken with Caffeine. Now i thought that was an old superstition that caffeine negated the effects of creatine, i mean a good portion of the pre workout drinks contain caffeine and creatine in the blend??

  2. Senior Member
    Bigchourico's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3019761
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    72.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    I just bought a little tub of the Primordial Performance Creatine and it says not to be taken with Caffeine. Now i thought that was an old superstition that caffeine negated the effects of creatine, i mean a good portion of the pre workout drinks contain caffeine and creatine in the blend??
    I remember reading something like this awhile ago but i don't think caffeine affects creatine, because i've use alot of caffeine over the years and i don't stop my caffeine use when i'm on creatine and it seems to be work fine for me. I'm surprised that a PP Rep dosen't chime in since it says it on their bottle and you're posting it in their section.
  3. Senior Member
    Bigchourico's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3019761
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    72.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchourico View Post
    I'm surprised that a PP Rep dosen't chime in since it says it on their bottle and you're posting it in their section.
    Or maybee the PP Reps only answer questions about the Androseries now.
    •   
       

  4. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235094
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    71.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchourico View Post
    Or maybee the PP Reps only answer questions about the Androseries now.
    No, although it does keep us sorta busy

    The positive effects of Creatine have been shown to be hindered by Caffeine. My understanding is this is primarily in people who consume large doses of caffeine. A standard preWO dose should not cause too much issue.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  5. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765915
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    29.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    No, although it does keep us sorta busy

    The positive effects of Creatine have been shown to be hindered by Caffeine. My understanding is this is primarily in people who consume large doses of caffeine. A standard preWO dose should not cause too much issue.
    What would you consider a standard pre workout dose of caffeine 200-300 mgs??
  6. Senior Member
    MattPorter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,675
    Rep Power
    64120
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    67.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I think it should be fine...perhaps it could hinder potential uptake from mild insulin resistance and as we know insulin is crucial for creatine transporters (glut-4 transporters).
  7. Advanced Member
    bakerderek0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    578
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    99.86%

    Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    What would you consider a standard pre workout dose of caffeine 200-300 mgs??
    I think youre about spot on with that 200-300 mgs. in my opinion, the less-the better.
  8. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235094
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    71.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerderek0 View Post
    I think youre about spot on with that 200-300 mgs. in my opinion, the less-the better.
    x2.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  9. New Member
    Steakumm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    112
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    2.75%

    I have read that they have said that about the caffine you get in coffe, because drinking too much coffee will dehydrate you. If ur dehydrated you have less water available for the creatine to suck up into ur muscles
  10. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765915
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    29.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Steakumm View Post
    I have read that they have said that about the caffine you get in coffe, because drinking too much coffee will dehydrate you. If ur dehydrated you have less water available for the creatine to suck up into ur muscles
    That does make sense. I know for me at least, sometimes after a couple of cups of coffee i just can't stop peeing.
  11. New Member
    Steakumm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    112
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    2.75%

    Ya keep peeing , your peeing fluids THAT is what dehydrates you.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 03:43 PM
  2. Creatine & caffeine: counterproductive?
    By beebab in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 12:41 PM
  3. creatine and caffeine?
    By 21inchguns in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 03:02 PM
  4. caffeine and creatine
    By captainbicept in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 07:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in