UK Strength or anyone else

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Going to be starting Turnibol LV soon. I need a good hypertrophic routine to maximise its effects. Anyone recommend a solid routine they've either used or know works well with this PH?

Thanks,

S.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Going to be starting Turnibol LV soon. I need a good hypertrophic routine to maximise its effects. Anyone recommend a solid routine they've either used or know works well with this PH?

Thanks,

S.
I suggest that you check out these Gaining Muscle training articles. The first article mentions what kind of routines are best for hypertrophy, and both provide sample training programmes for mass.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any solid routine will work. For hypertrophy specifically, I prefer hitting each bodypart 2-3x per week with moderate to high volume, but it really comes down to personal preference, your lifting experience and recovery capacity.

What particularly are you looking for?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can give you the routine I am running. It is a power lifting/hypertrophy split. It was given to me by GeekPoop, and it has been kicking my ass ever since.

K

Template

Sunday: Upper Power

-5x5 or 3x5 for all lifts(5x5 on bulk cause recovery is better, 3x5 on cut)
-Barbell Bench Press
-Barbell Rows
-Military Press
-Barbell Shrugs

Monday: Lower Power

-5x5 or 3x5 for all lifts(5x5 on bulk cause recovery is better, 3x5 on cut)
-Back Squat
-Stiff Leg Deadlift, Or Romanian DL
-6-8 sets of Standing Calf, little higher reps, i like to do 6-8 on heavy days

Tues: Off (I usually do some cardio)

Wednesday: Hypertrophy Chest/Arms

(For hypertrophy days i never go to failure, always stop about 2 reps before failure)
-DB Incline Bech 3x8-12
-Barbell Close Grip Bench 3x8-12
-DB Flat Bench 2x8-12
-Preacher Curls 3x8-12 super setted with
-Standing French Press 3x8-12
-Push Downs 3x8-12 super setted with
-DB Hammer Curls
-Cable Crossovers 3x8-12
-Machine Curl 3x8-12 supersetted with
-Machine Dips 3x8-12

Thursday: Hypertrophy Shoulders/Back/Traps
(For hypertrophy days i never go to failure, always stop about 2 reps before failure)

-DB Shoulder Press 3x8-12 super setted with
-DB Front Raise 3x8-12
-DB One Arm Row 3x8-12 super setted with
-DB Arnold Press 3x8-12
-Lat Pull Down (Wide Grip) 2x8-12 super setted with
-DB Shrugs 2x10-15
-Lat Pull Down (Close grip, palms facing in) 2x8-12 super setted with
-DB Upright Row 2x10-15
-T-bar row 2x8-12 (Usually too tired/dead to do this last exercise, but some times i do it)

Friday: Hypertrophy Legs/Calves
(For hypertrophy days i never go to failure, always stop about 2 reps before
failure)

-Hack Squat 5x8-12 super setted with
-Standing Calf 5x10-15
-Leg Extensions 5x10-15 super setted with
-Sitting Leg Curls 5x10-15 super setted with
-Sitting Calf Raise 4x8-12

Saturday: Off (cardio if you want)

Thats Layne template, its from bb or something not sure where I got it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With regards to hypertrophy, are you looking for enhanced strength or just pure aesthetics?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. Just pure aesthetics. My strength has never really been a problem. As a side question can Turnibol LV be taken on an empty stomach or does it need ot be taken with fat?

Finally, has anyone tried the Optimized Volume Training, a variant of German Volume Training?

Thanks for all your input.

SupermanStrng

Banned
Awards
Thanks guys. Just pure aesthetics. My strength has never really been a problem. As a side question can Turnibol LV be taken on an empty stomach or does it need ot be taken with fat?

Finally, has anyone tried the Optimized Volume Training, a variant of German Volume Training?

look into alternating WEEKLY between DC or 5x5 and your traditional lifting style.. it works great.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

My personal stance is to take hormones with food. With regards to aesthetics, I like to add more volume while on-cycle to take advantage of the enhanced CNS recovery.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I train on an empty stomach in the morning. Shall I do my first dose after training them?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Rodja. Appreciate the help. Isn't there any benefit in taking a prohormone pre-workout or is there no real difference?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rodja. Appreciate the help. Isn't there any benefit in taking a prohormone pre-workout or is there no real difference?
Unless you're doing a pulse, there really shouldn't be a huge difference.

natandrb

natandrb

Awards
Personally, depending on the hormone, I get a real good buzz if I take it pre-workout (particularly Andro-hard, I swear that stuff is a god-send). So try it both ways and see what works best for you. Is there a particular reason you train on an empty stomach, ie:time, nausea? what if you just had a small shake or something? That powerbuilding routine looks pretty sick, I've gotta give that a shot.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Personally, depending on the hormone, I get a real good buzz if I take it pre-workout (particularly Andro-hard, I swear that stuff is a god-send). So try it both ways and see what works best for you. Is there a particular reason you train on an empty stomach, ie:time, nausea? what if you just had a small shake or something? That powerbuilding routine looks pretty sick, I've gotta give that a shot.
The routine is sick, I swear sometimes I am not sure I am going to make it home without passing out.

As for the Androhard pre workout, I notice it during some of my lifts. Basically if I am "in the zone" for the gym, Androhard takes it to the next level aggression wise. If I am having an "off" day mentally, it doesnt seem to overcome that. Damn job, making me tired and worthless in the gym!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't train fasted - I get sooo hypoglycemic by about the midpoint of my workouts. It's like the world suddenly gets foggy and my elbows turn to jello. Nope, I need full belly to tear things apart!

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I used to be like that, but now I can only train on an empty stomach in the morning. I know what you mean about the hypoglycemia, but if I have enough carbs the day before and have a solid pre-workout I'm ok. But looking at routine HeretoStudy posted I don't think I could through it without some form of carbs pre-workout.

How has this routine worked for you Heretostudy for hypertrophy? Is it one of the better ones in terms of gains in size?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Absolutely. One of the workouts I return again and again is basically a beefed up HST.
Can you post it here how you do the HST??
And why you chng your avy, you confused me lol.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I like the principles of HST, it's just not high enough volume IMO.
Yeah..I agree. I've looked into HST but its never seemed high enough volume. I don't respond too well to full body workouts three times a week. Would be interested in your expanded HST routines.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can you post it here how you do the HST??
And why you chng your avy, you confused me lol.
Well, bear in mind that I've built up my training capacity over time. I no way would I recommend this routine to anyone who had not already spent a year or more doing full body routines 3 or 4 days a week.

I change my avy once every few months - to keep things interesting. ;)

Resolve's High Volume, High Frequency Routine.

Monday
Squats - 10sets, follow 5/3/1 w/BBB guidelines
supersetted with donkey calf raises to technical failure
Floor Press - 8 sets, follow 5/3/1 w/BBB guidelines
supersetted with BB curls for 8x8
JM Press - 8x8-12
supersetted with a row variation (reps vary)

Tuesday
Leg Press - 6sets, 25reps, pyramidal loading
ss w/LP Calves to failure
OH Press - 100 total reps, use a weight that you can get ~20 reps on your first set
Pull-ups - same as OH Press
Dips - same as OH Press
Seated Cable Curls - same as OH Press
NOTE: I try to minimize rest and seek to complete all reps in as few sets as possible, trying to improve each week. I'd start with 50 reps total if having someone else do this.

Wednesday
REST

Thursday
Deads - 6-8sets, 5/3/1 w/BBB
Bench - same as Deads
Upright DB rows - 8x8
ss w/DB Curls - 8x8
Rope extensions - 5x8-15

Friday
Front Squats - 10sets, 3reps, ~75% of 1RM
ss w/seated calves
Incline DB Press - 6sets, 12-15reps
ss w/Incline Curls - 6sets, 12-15reps
Weighted Chins - 6x8-12
ss w/Blue Band Face-Pulls - 6x20

Saturday
Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Flies
Lateral Raises
Preacher Curls
OH DB Extensions
NOTE: this is a "Fun" day; I go in and work to a good pump at each movement, then progress. There is no set number of reps or sets, I go by how I feel. If I were someone else, I'd drop this day and just do 4 days a week.

Dirty music

Awards
  • Established
heretostudy that routine does look sick,i might have to try it.do you do it just like that?and how long do you run it for before you change it alittle for some muscle confusion?and what do you change it to if you do?thanks

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
heretostudy that routine does look sick,i might have to try it.do you do it just like that?and how long do you run it for before you change it alittle for some muscle confusion?and what do you change it to if you do?thanks
I have been running this for quite some time now since May, and have been making steady gains (I guess running Turinabol-LV helped with that -lol), but I have had no reason to change it yet.
It is very swappable, if you want to hit something that is not there, switch it in for a week or two.

I do run it like that for the most part. Sometimes it is alot of supersetting, so I might split up one or two. The order I perform the lifts in switch every week as I go in order of what equipment I can get on (gym gets busy) and/or if I am to sore to do a lift, ill try and do something else in between.

Dirty music

Awards
  • Established
I have been running this for quite some time now since May, and have been making steady gains (I guess running Turinabol-LV helped with that -lol), but I have had no reason to change it yet.
It is very swappable, if you want to hit something that is not there, switch it in for a week or two.

I do run it like that for the most part. Sometimes it is alot of supersetting, so I might split up one or two. The order I perform the lifts in switch every week as I go in order of what equipment I can get on (gym gets busy) and/or if I am to sore to do a lift, ill try and do something else in between.
thanks,yeah my gym is like that,but i think i might give this try