Sustain Alpha Blood Tests

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.83%

Sustain Alpha Blood Tests

Stats: 43 yr old male, 10 yrs of off and on AS cycling (2- 8 to 12 weeks cycles a year).

I did a long cycle (10 weeks) of mixed AS - some winny, epistane, few weeks of low dose (35 mg x 3/week) tren. Did some HCG in the end (400 iu EOD) as I tapered off AS.

PCT: 4 weeks of Clo & Nova
    Post PCT: 4-5 pumps Sustain Alpha + Toco 8

3 weeks into Post PCT - got bloods:

Total Test: 616
    Free Test: 65.3
    SHBG: 45
    Estradiol: 28

i think it looks decent - SHBG and Est are high but I am not taking any significant anti-estrogen or is Sustain supposed to lower est?

Just wondering what I could do to tweak the bloods more favorably. I did stop working out for 5 weeks and gained about 3-4 lbs of fat & lost same amount of muscle, so that may have had effect on estrogen levels too.

2. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    Stats: 43 yr old male, 10 yrs of off and on AS cycling (2- 8 to 12 weeks cycles a year).

I did a long cycle (10 weeks) of mixed AS - some winny, epistane, few weeks of low dose (35 mg x 3/week) tren. Did some HCG in the end (400 iu EOD) as I tapered off AS.

PCT: 4 weeks of Clo & Nova
    Post PCT: 4-5 pumps Sustain Alpha + Toco 8

3 weeks into Post PCT - got bloods:

Total Test: 616
    Free Test: 65.3
    SHBG: 45
    Estradiol: 28

i think it looks decent - SHBG and Est are high but I am not taking any significant anti-estrogen or is Sustain supposed to lower est?

Just wondering what I could do to tweak the bloods more favorably. I did stop working out for 5 weeks and gained about 3-4 lbs of fat & lost same amount of muscle, so that may have had effect on estrogen levels too.
    Yeah, the BF can raise the estrogen… but your levels still look solid.

Sustain Alpha isn’t going to bring estrogen way down. If you want to lower it a bit you may want to consider your diet and possibly a stronger AI such as AromX.

-Pp
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.83%

I think 28 is the upper limit of the range for estradiol if i remember correctly - but in spite of that the feedback inhibition on testosterone is moderate it seems, which is good.

Diet? I eat primarily raw - raw eggs, raw meat, lots of raw fats (avocodo, coconut, almonds) and kale and greens (with I3C and all those goodies) to help lower estrogen. Not sure how I could tweak it to lower estrogen so any advice appreciated!
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.48%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I think 28 is the upper limit of the range for estradiol if i remember correctly - but in spite of that the feedback inhibition on testosterone is moderate it seems, which is good.

Diet? I eat primarily raw - raw eggs, raw meat, lots of raw fats (avocodo, coconut, almonds) and kale and greens (with I3C and all those goodies) to help lower estrogen. Not sure how I could tweak it to lower estrogen so any advice appreciated!
    I'd assume your still maintaining an active lifestyle, correct?

If nothing else are you experiencing any negative sides from what appears to be high range estradiol? If not this could be 'normal' for you. Unless you have baseline estradiol levels to compare?
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.94%

Id be willing to bet that the clomid is the reason your E is so high. Clomid does this to me too but its just so dam good at increasing test too. It will probably go down after a while you just need some time for your body to balance itself out. Considering sustain is a mild AI it should help.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.29%

Additional fiber intake will help clear more estrogen from your system too. ( The kale and greens is good.)

-Pp
  7. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.42%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    Additional fiber intake will help clear more estrogen from your system too. ( The kale and greens is good.)

-Pp
    Good point. For those of you that like scientific proof, here is a relevant study.

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/64/6/850
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.94%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Good point. For those of you that like scientific proof, here is a relevant study.

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/64/6/850
    Thanks for posting up the study. The only issue w/ it though is that we can't be sure what is effecting the high/low levels of Estradiol and testosterone. Because there are two variables of both fiber and fat. It could vary well be the varied levels of fat in the diets instead of the fiber. Higher fat intake should have a positive increase in test resulting in more aromitizing into estrogen and vise versa w/ a diet of less fat.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.83%

On these same blood tests I also noticed a VERY HIGH Iron level (220, ref range 45-170) - any idea what caused this? First time ever for me, and while correlation is not causation - my doc thinks maybe the high binding proteins
    (SHBG=45) leave little binding proteins left for the iron - could that be it?
  10. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.29%

On these same blood tests I also noticed a VERY HIGH Iron level (220, ref range 45-170) - any idea what caused this? First time ever for me, and while correlation is not causation - my doc thinks maybe the high binding proteins
    The body naturally conserves iron, so you have to allow your body to “loose” it.

You need to get a fight and loose some blood.. or go donate some…

-Eric
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.13%

Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    The body naturally conserves iron, so you have to allow your body to “loose” it.

You need to get a fight and loose some blood.. or go donate some…

-Eric
    I think IP6 helps you get rid of iron.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.13%

Quote Originally Posted by crazilyfter42 View Post
    Thanks for posting up the study. The only issue w/ it though is that we can't be sure what is effecting the high/low levels of Estradiol and testosterone. Because there are two variables of both fiber and fat. It could vary well be the varied levels of fat in the diets instead of the fiber. Higher fat intake should have a positive increase in test resulting in more aromitizing into estrogen and vise versa w/ a diet of less fat.
    There are actually three variables: In addition to fiber and fat concentrations, there is also a difference in the ratio between saturated fat and polyunsaturated fat (i.e., the type of fat).

Frankly, polyunsaturated fat is pretty much the devil when it comes to anything related to good health, including hormone status. Saturated fat is where it's at for high T; polyunsaturated fat is disastrous.

I think a good way to get the best of both worlds is to eat a diet with sufficient fiber and saturated fat, particular the shorter-chain triglycerides in coconut oil, butter, and cream (esp. from goat milk).
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

good info in here
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

It's more than likely the result of excess dietary intake. They would have to complete many more blood tests to truly assess the signifance or etiology though. (I.E. Cbc with manual differential, TIBC, Ferritin, transferrin)

Therapeutic phelobotomy (giving blood) is a treatment option, but i'd really get the test done to evaluate the situation.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

15. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.29%

Nice results on an SA PCT here.

-Eric

Similar Forum Threads

1. blood tests
    By snakebyte05 in forum Anabolics