New to powerlifting
- 03-25-2007, 10:11 PM
New to powerlifting
Hello all, I just recently started to use the traditional powerlifting excercise(s) in my workout and all I can say is WOW. I love them all. I had never deadlifted before, and my squat was never really any good. I joined a new gym and was shown some of the powerlifting techniques and I have fallen in love. Anyways, my question is this. I'm not really looking to build mass, but rather cut. Would it still be wise to construct a program centered around powerlifting techniques?
- 03-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Your diet will have the biggest impact on whether you reach how cut you want to be. Plus, you need some size to cut right?
- 06-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Just clean up your diet, eat maintenance level calories, pick a good ratio like 30/50/20 for p/c/f and keep up the powerlifting training. It'll take time but stay at it and youll gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.
07-05-2007, 12:34 PM
If you realy are into powerlifting, check out the magazine PowerliftingUSA. Its got some good raw articles.
07-11-2007, 11:29 PM
- 5'11" 215 lbs.
- Join Date
- Mar 2003
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
Glad to see you have come over to powerlifting exercises. If you want to cut and yet maintain optimum muscle mass I would suggest you take a look at the GVT program aka 10 X 10s. Make the key exercises like BPs, Deads, Squats and IMO Triceps Presses your keys and work from there. You will lose any extra weight and perhaps increase muscle while challenging yourself severely. When you are ready then you can enjoy the fruits of 3 to 5 max rep sets. Good Luck.
Similar Forum Threads
- By turtlefrog in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 9Last Post: 10-15-2011, 01:00 AM
- By R1balla in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 9Last Post: 04-28-2010, 01:27 PM
- By Sanosuke in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 37Last Post: 02-20-2003, 08:30 PM
- By Daniel97Cobra in forum Weight LossReplies: 35Last Post: 12-06-2002, 08:20 AM
- By Daniel97Cobra in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 11-20-2002, 12:28 PM