Whats Wrong - AnabolicMinds.com

Whats Wrong

  1. New Member
    Kaison05's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    106

    Reputation

    Thumbs down Whats Wrong


    OK I JUST STARTED BACK IN THE GYM ABOUT A 4 1/2 WEEKS AGO AFTER TAKING 2 MONTHS OFF. I WAS 212 ABOUT 11%BF BUT NOW IAM 205 AND 13.2%BF AND 5' 10". I WAS GOING THREW A DIVORCE. MY NEW WORKOUT PARTNER IS HUGE, HE IS A TONED 245 AND ONLY 6' TALL WITH 20" ARMS. WELL HE BELIEVES IN ONLY DOING SUPERSETS ON EVERYTHING AND ALL THE TIME. ITS KICKING MY ASS. I STARTED BACK UP AND MY BENCH SUCKS ASS IAM ONLY GETTING UP 275 x 3 AND BEFORE I WAS DOING 330 x 3. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK TO HELP ME THIS IS KILLING ME.

  2. Registered User
    motiv8erJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    280

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaison05
    OK I JUST STARTED BACK IN THE GYM ABOUT A 4 1/2 WEEKS AGO AFTER TAKING 2 MONTHS OFF. I WAS 212 ABOUT 11%BF BUT NOW IAM 205 AND 13.2%BF AND 5' 10". I WAS GOING THREW A DIVORCE. MY NEW WORKOUT PARTNER IS HUGE, HE IS A TONED 245 AND ONLY 6' TALL WITH 20" ARMS. WELL HE BELIEVES IN ONLY DOING SUPERSETS ON EVERYTHING AND ALL THE TIME. ITS KICKING MY ASS. I STARTED BACK UP AND MY BENCH SUCKS ASS IAM ONLY GETTING UP 275 x 3 AND BEFORE I WAS DOING 330 x 3. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK TO HELP ME THIS IS KILLING ME.


    Sounds like you need to have a talk with your training partner. Dont try staying with him unless you feel you have your base strength under you. You sound like your on a course to over training which will not be benificial....

    ~Mk
  3. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    You're probably overtraining because you're not that 245 lbs behemoth that you're lifting with. I mean the guy outweighs you by 40 lbs. Chances are he can handle a little more than you can.

    Try an abreviated version of his routine and typing without using caps lock. You'll probably find you get better results in the gym, and more serious responses in this forum.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    CRUNCH's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,168
    Rep Power
    713

    Reputation

    His routine may work for him, it would NOT work for me at all. It seems the same for you.

    We're all different, no one program works for everybody. I'd try a more basic 3 day split to get your base back first.
  5. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11680

    Reputation

    Damn, i've been on the internet too many years. When I read all caps I think i'm being yelled at. But it could be a bunch of things including what was already said. Diet may not be the right type to keep up with that training. Stress(the reason of your departure of the gym) Can sap strength like no other. Your being smaller is a big factor too.

    Basically you can folow his routines as a partner, just use the weights you're able to handle without overworking yourself.
  6. Registered User
    myfathersboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    290

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner

    Try an abreviated version of his routine and typing without using caps lock. You'll probably find you get better results in the gym, and more serious responses in this forum.
  7. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10786

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUNCH
    His routine may work for him, it would NOT work for me at all. It seems the same for you.

    We're all different, no one program works for everybody. I'd try a more basic 3 day split to get your base back first.
    word
  8. Senior Member
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    sounds like an experitment that failed, everyone does that until they find the what and the how that gives results, unfortunately some people never discover those parameters, its all here, you can find it
  9. New Member
    Kaison05's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    106

    Reputation

    I think iam going to go back to my 4 day a week routine. which is.

    (mon) chest-tris 12sets 12-16reps
    (tues) bis-back 12sets-bis 9sets-back 12-16reps
    (wen) rest
    (thurs) legs-shoulders 12sets 12-20reps
    (fri) bis-tris 12sets 12-20reps
    (sat) rest
    (sun) rest
    and 2-3min rest in between sets. maybe this way i can get back to my old size.
  10. New Member
    SHADOW2492's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    160

    Reputation

    If you put the original post NOT IN CAPS LOCKS MORE PEOPLE MIGHT READ IT, I know for one I dont even bother reading those types of post and I am sure many other people won't read that also, it is a eyesore.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Yes, I believe this is whats wrong with me!
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 06:40 AM
  2. What’s wrong with you guys?
    By Skye in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 10:02 AM
  3. PCT Help - loosing mass - whats wrong
    By THETEST in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 03:19 PM
  4. whats wrong with this pic
    By shady in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 10:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in