New England Record Breakers - May 6th

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Over the past few years alot of us lost track of who is strong and who is not. With all the advancements in specialized equipment, it's hard to see who still has true brute strength. The names on this letter along with a few others feel that its time for a test of true strength, so we're issuing a challenge to the elite Powerlifting Community to join us.
The following have already signed on: Josh Bryant, Mike Miller, Beau Moore, Sean Culnan, Andy Bolton, Kirk Karwoski, Mike Wolfe and Jeremy Hoornstra.
The Atlantis Foundation along with Brand 33 Sports is hosting a modern day competition called the "New England Record Breakers. It will be held at the University of Massachusetts' Mullins Center on May 6th. This will be an "invite only" competition or if someone feels they could compete among the best in the world feel free to contact the directors. Cash prizes will be awarded to top three in each weight class and anyone who breaks a record will recieve bonus money.
The following are invited: Brad Gillingham, Brian Siders, Gary Frank, Donnie Thompson, Paul Childress, Benedict Magnuson, Jeff Lewis, Scott Mendelson, Ryan Kennelly, Steve Goggins, Shawn Lattimer, Nick Winters, Ron Palmer, Wade Hooper, Tony Conyers, Jesse Kellum, Travis Nash, Joe Baylis, George Halibert.
We are not attempting to discredit any equipped lifters or lifts that they performed. We have just decided that its time to go back to the roots of our sport.
The Atlantis Foundation and Brand 33 will also be holding a best body model search and the winner will recieve a cash prize, a photo shoot, and a chance to appear in various fitness publications.
Other attactions: Mixed martial arts, fitness models, supplement booths, prize giveaways, Pro Bodybuilding demo, etc.
Guest Judge: Ed Coan
MC/Guest Speaker: Bill Kazmaier

Sincerely,
Bruce Derosier
508 885 3686

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
:clap2:
this is an awesome idea, and I'm sure you'll kick ass at this.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Greatest thing to happen to PLing in many years, IMO.

Is single ply still giong to be allowed? I dont' see a problem with single ply to keep your shoulders in their sockets, etc.....

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Awesome, haven't seen a show like that in a long, long time, thanks for posting that!!!

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Greatest thing to happen to PLing in many years, IMO.

Is single ply still giong to be allowed? I dont' see a problem with single ply to keep your shoulders in their sockets, etc.....
No single ply, just purely raw. This is the meet I plan on going for a huge raw number at!

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Is anyone else from the area going to this? The arena is about 30 minutes from my house. Maybe we could arrange a meetup and group photo or something (my girlfriend is a professional photographer-- her idea).

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Is anyone else from the area going to this? The arena is about 30 minutes from my house. Maybe we could arrange a meetup and group photo or something (my girlfriend is a professional photographer-- her idea).
Sounds good to me, I'll be there...lol

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
just bench for me, but there will be some doing all three events

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
good luck to you!

I think going raw is a great idea!!!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Which UMASS campus is this at? Boston, Amherst, Dartmouth or Lowell?

BiggerNstronger

Awards
Nice list of names Nick, good luck man. What are some of the current raw records in the different weight classes? This would be a blast to see.

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Nice list of names Nick, good luck man. What are some of the current raw records in the different weight classes? This would be a blast to see.
I'm not exactly sure, you might want to go to irongame to look them up, that is if they even have them. I know they at least have the list of 600+ raw benchers.

MrSkullCrusher

Awards
I'm not exactly sure, you might want to go to irongame to look them up, that is if they even have them. I know they at least have the list of 600+ raw benchers.
You still at 325 BW NICK?Or are you bulking right now or cutting right now?

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
You still at 325 BW NICK?Or are you bulking right now or cutting right now?
I am up a bit, I am around 340 right now. I am thinking I will be getting bigger in preperation for this contest. I always seem to gain muscle when I gain strength, have problems just getting stronger....oh well..lol

GREENFEATHER

GREENFEATHER

Awards
Good luck Nick!! I'll be competing in Feb at a local meet. I only do deads, I'm going to go for 650 in the Masters division. I'd love to come watch you monsters do battle with the iron.
ROB

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
This is one heck of a good idea.

We're pulling for you Nick.

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established