Deadlift grip? Need some help.

1. Deadlift grip? Need some help.

I deadlift sets of 5 at 315. I have no problem doing the weight. The only thats holding me back is my grip. Half the time the weight is kinda dangling in my fingers and that hurts a lot. Is there any exercises I can do to improve my grip? Thanks.

blah

2. Back and Trap work will strengthen your grip. Forearm work will help too. Try chalk, thats what i use.

3. Quote Originally Posted by blahblah192
    I deadlift sets of 5 at 315. I have no problem doing the weight. The only thats holding me back is my grip. Half the time the weight is kinda dangling in my fingers and that hurts a lot. Is there any exercises I can do to improve my grip? Thanks.

blah
    Static hangs will also strengthen your grip. Grip a chinup bar, and hang to 60 seconds at a time... add weight as needed.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   

4. The more you train heavy deads the stronger your grip will become. You may want to utilize a hook grip by hooking your thimb under the bar and wrapping over it with your fingers.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MadMas
    Try chalk, thats what i use.
    Chalk really helped me also.They have grippers for sale too on certain powerlifting sites that are suppose to help grip.

6. My dead lift skyrocketed but my grip didn't keep up so I started using straps.....problem was solved...so i thought.
    I could do a lot more weight but I never trained without straps after starting. So now im paying the price getting my grip back up to speed.

7. I use captain of crush grippers and rack deads with a thicker bar (or towels wrapped around a regular one) and a 5 second hold at the top.

8. yea i stopped using my straps a long time ago and havent looked back, the only thing i use them for is bent over rows

9. weighted pull ups
    for grip

Similar Forum Threads

1. ok guys i need some help with cutting....
    By good_guye28 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 05:28 PM
  2. My first transdermal cycle, need some help
    By LHDan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 10:50 PM
  3. Need some help with items for a care package
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 10:23 AM
  4. need some help with WinMX