took the dive - AnabolicMinds.com

took the dive

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Talking took the dive

and made the expensive commitment to pl'ing. just spent over 400 bucks at inzer for a rage x shirt, hardcore squat suit, and heavy groove briefs (all double ply). should last a while though, hopefully won't have to make another purchase like this anytime soon.

thanks nickw for helping me out with this. checked with bigpaul and he said it all looked good to go.

this should be fun

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

About damn time

Now get some coaching, and learn to diet the strength athlete way and you will be golden.

3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

i gotcha trying to stay in the 275lbs class though, at least for a year or two. any recs for pl'ing dieting? already ~260lbs so i've got about 15lbs in either direction to play with.

•   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

Depends on how you feel at certain bf percentages.

My personal preferance is sitting at around 18-19%.

Besides that the bb'er diet will actually be fine until you change over to a more pl'ing type routine. At that point you would need to incorporate more cals, imo.

5. Registered User
    Answers

boooooooooooooo

6. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    boooooooooooooo
    LOL Beelz stay away from the light.

7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

ryan, i think i'll just stick to my current diet and play with cals a little bit and see what happens.

glen, bb'ing got me where i am but it's just not fun anymore. time to move on to something more suited for me. i like to lift heavy so what else is left when you have a 'lack of calves'?

jminis, too late

8. Registered User
    Answers

i wasn't saying boo .. i was saying boo-urns

9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

boo-urns? must be some of that fancy lawyer talk, lol.

10. Registered User
    Answers

oh beelze i expected more out of you my slow witted friend

haven't you ever seen that simpsons where the film festival comes to springfield?

11. Board Supporter
    Answers

Talking

this comes to mind..

Attached Images Attached Images  

12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

rarely watched simpsons.

13. Registered User
    Answers

well .. nevermind then haha

good luck with the PLing brotha!!!

14. USA HOCKEY
    Answers

ha Hans Moleman, one the most underrated cartoon characters of all time

its funny when the football hits him in the balls
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

15. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    and made the expensive commitment to pl'ing. just spent over 400 bucks at inzer for a rage x shirt, hardcore squat suit, and heavy groove briefs (all double ply). should last a while though, hopefully won't have to make another purchase like this anytime soon.

thanks nickw for helping me out with this. checked with bigpaul and he said it all looked good to go.

this should be fun
    Glad U made the Dive Bro!Im sure u already know but Practice those DEads without straps and Practice the pause on Bench!Im sure you will do Great!

16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

practiced pausing on raw bench on thursday. i actually like it better. only ****ing around with 315 cuz of the pec injury but it felt easier than ever. pec might be cured. yeah, i'm gonna start using the straps less on deads; however, are they allowed in competition?

saw a titan fury in my size on sale today on ebay for like 70 bucks. almost bought it, lol.

17. New Member
    Answers

practiced pausing on raw bench on thursday. i actually like it better. only ****ing around with 315 cuz of the pec injury but it felt easier than ever. pec might be cured. yeah, i'm gonna start using the straps less on deads; however, are they allowed in competition?

saw a titan fury in my size on sale today on ebay for like 70 bucks. almost bought it, lol.
    I dont think straps are allowed.At least not in USAPL or NASA.Nick would know about WPO.USAPL And Nasa only allow single ply Bench shirts (no denim or double ply trip ply).I believe WPO Doesnt test but NASA USAPL & WABDL do.Do you have a good arch or are u a flat bencher??Im a flat bencher so i went with fury but i hear the F6 is really good for archers!Ive only used Fury so far and i like it but i really would like to try a RAGE X and a Metal Pro too.Gets Expensive though man!LOL!Ive been lucky and have had a few sponsors so its not too bad.

18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

i'll be competiting in the APF and AAU. APF allows double ply's, but not sure about straps, doesn't say anywhere. as for my bench, i'm adjusting to an arch bench. it takes an inch or two out of the lift for me, so it's worth it. getting used to the squat, still widening my leg stance a little more each time. deads are self explanatory, just working on raw poundages for now. once i hit ~700 raw, i'll add a suit. might have to start concentrating a little more on grip though the way it sounds.

19. Cutting Sucks!
    Answers

Straps aren't legal in any powerlifting feds. Once you stop using the straps, your grip strength will come fast. You just have to learn the technique. One main thing is not to try to squeeze the bar. Its not easy to explain. You bascially just make hooks with your fingers to where you are holding it in your fingers and not in your palms. The over/under grip works the best unless you can master the hook grip which im sure ryansm can elaborate on being that he is an oly. lifter. I tried it but it wasn't for me. Good luck with the new gear. It will probably be frustrating and painful...ok, very painful at first but once you learn it, the big lifts will come. Later, Ant.

20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

no ****, eh? alrighty, guess it's time to start adding static holds to my repetoire (sp?). think i'll stick with the straps for now though to add poundages to deads, i'll just make my grip catch up. i know what you're talking about though with not squeezing the bar and making hooks with your hands. although it's not the same as deads, i use the same 'hook' method on lat pulldowns and a few others. thanks for the info though, otherwise i would have been in for a real fix come competition time.

21. Cutting Sucks!
    Answers

Just try to stay away from the straps as much as possible. Use plenty chalk. You will be fine. Your grip will catch up faster than you think. From watching your videos, you are gonna need to watch one thing on your deads. On your lockout, you are unlocking your knees and letting the bar descend. If the bar descends on bench, squat, or deads...its gonna get redlighted. You obviously have the strength...just gotta work on the details which will come with experience. Finding some pl'ers in your area would help a lot, especially with learning your new gear. Let me know if I can help in any way. Later, Ant.

22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

cool deal, thanks for pointing that out. didn't even notice it.

23. Board Supporter
    Answers

ask any hard core pl, straps are cheatin

24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

if they consider straps cheating, they wouldn't want to know the rest........

25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    ask any hard core pl, straps are cheatin
    Funny how straps are cheating and bench shirts aren't

26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Funny how straps are cheating and bench shirts aren't
    good answer

i still think that it's ****ty to be able to use em, but i don't make the rules so i'll use the best one that's available. besides, when someone asks you what you bench, they don't ask what your raw bench is. you never see gene advertised as the 1000lbs double ply piano string shirted bench guy.

27. Registered User
    Answers

good answer

i still think that it's ****ty to be able to use em, but i don't make the rules so i'll use the best one that's available. besides, when someone asks you what you bench, they don't ask what your raw bench is. you never see gene advertised as the 1000lbs double ply piano string shirted bench guy.

28. New Member
    Answers

when someone asks you what you bench, they don't ask what your raw bench is. you never see gene advertised as the 1000lbs double ply piano string shirted bench guy.
    True True.....Like with me I bench ALOT more RAW with Decline cause i have shoulder issues.So is that consider my raw bench or not??LOL!!
    Decline is different cause you cant use leg drive but its straight up not flat bench!I wouldnt even be able to lift in any contest if it wasnt for bench shirts (Takes the pain away from my shoulders but Not always).Also when u ask someone their Raw bench are you talking with pause or bounce??LOL!! Anyways once u get use to using chalk on your DLs and getting your grip better you will DL like that always!I dont ever use straps for Deads now.Give it some time and you will like it better (maybe??!!)LOL!!

29. Board Supporter
    Answers

plus when you dont use straps your forearms get worked big time, and there's nothing funnier than a guy with big arms and skinny forearms. i used to use straps but i stopped and my weight went down a little because i couldnt hold it, but after about 2-3 training sessions i was right back where i was, just chalk it up and go at it

30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

i'm sure i'll like it better than using straps. in my mind , i picture being able to pull more once grip catches up. the least amount of time spent in that bent down position = less energy expended and less tiring of the back, i'm looking forward to it.

31. New Member
    Answers

Thumbs up

i'm sure i'll like it better than using straps. in my mind , i picture being able to pull more once grip catches up. the least amount of time spent in that bent down position = less energy expended and less tiring of the back, i'm looking forward to it.
    Thats it bro!YOu got the right atitude so im sure you will do great!

32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah the hook grip is very useful if you feel ok using it. It felt weird at first for me, but it allowed for much better grip control and strength. I wouldn't worry too much Beelze, your grip should catch up quick, but you are going to have to start waning yourself off of using the straps on every heavy set.

33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

i hear ya.

34. Board Supporter
    Answers

Exactly...all that newfound kinetic energy will pay dividends. Get in there and attack that bar.

35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

ooh rah,.......sorry, vietnam flashback

36. New Member
    Answers

Your gonna love the Hardcore suit... not only are they the most badass lookin squat suit out there, but they literally "shove" you outta the hole in those deep ass squats. Mine's saved my ass multiple times. Enjoy bro! - HTTC

37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

looking forward to it brudda. once i'm out of the hole, the rest is cake.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 06:55 AM
  2. Just took the TNT plunge-a few questions..
    By RoadBlocK in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 06:16 PM
  3. i took the prime plunge
    By jsp0785 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 02:20 PM
  4. Took the plunge...
    By TheUsual in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 01:52 AM