Elbow sleeves for benching?

1. Elbow sleeves for benching?

My elbows started to hurt when I do heavy benching and I seen some of the big lifters use elbow sleeves/braces, do you guys use any you can recommend?

2. I currently use sling shot compression cuffs but there are plenty of good brands.

If you have issues now then start wearing them ASAP. It also helps to grab a band and do band resisted push downs before bench and other pressing movements. At least thatís what helps me
    ďCare for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudginglyónot for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.Ē 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    My elbows started to hurt when I do heavy benching and I seen some of the big lifters use elbow sleeves/braces, do you guys use any you can recommend?
    I bought a couple of elbow sleeves a few years ago from underamor works great
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

4. Thanks guys.

Btw do you guys use wrist wraps?

My wrists haven’t bothered me but someone recommended me to use that, along with the elbow sleeves

5. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    Thanks guys.

My wrists havenít bothered me but someone recommended me to use that, along with the elbow sleeves
    Not anymore. Mainly just on things like rack pulls and the such. Other than that not really.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    Thanks guys.

My wrists havenít bothered me but someone recommended me to use that, along with the elbow sleeves
    I use wrist wraps for any pressing that i go somewhat heavy on. Ive had carpal tunnel pretty bad and that doesnt help things out but when i start putting a couple hundred pounds in my hands it hurts. So thats why i started wearing those

7. Thanks guys, I order both!

8. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    These are what I have and I love them - wayyy better than the old slingshot cuffs or ply sleeves Iíve used. They also have 7mm red sleeves if you want more performance increase, but the 5mm black ones are great for compression and warmth:

https://us.cerberus-strength.com/col...-elbow-sleeves

Use code KITE10 for 10% anything from them if you pull the trigger, or keep your eye out for an occasional 15-20% off holiday sale! These are better than Rehband honestly and much more affordable than them or SBD.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    These are what I have and I love them - wayyy better than the old slingshot cuffs or ply sleeves I’ve used. They also have 7mm red sleeves if you want more performance increase, but the 5mm black ones are great for compression and warmth:

Use code KITE10 for 10% anything from them if you pull the trigger, or keep your eye out for an occasional 15-20% off holiday sale! These are better than Rehband honestly and much more affordable than them or SBD.
    Thanks, I already got some, they work fine but I might need to get some that’s tighter, I get these when those I have lose tightness.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    Thanks, I already got some, they work fine but I might need to get some thatís tighter, I get these when those I have lose tightness.
    If you just got them many companyís will work with you on size exchanges - just email their customer service and offer to pay the shipping to return the (clean) product.

I have had bought the wrong size about half the time with equipment, even using their sizing charts!
    [email protected]

11. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    These are what I have and I love them - wayyy better than the old slingshot cuffs or ply sleeves Iíve used. They also have 7mm red sleeves if you want more performance increase, but the 5mm black ones are great for compression and warmth:

I normally buy the under armor ones. They last a few months at a time

12. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    I normally buy the under armor ones. They last a few months at a time
    Idk what youíre paying for them, but a few months is terrible. If you arenít getting over a year out of your sleeves with weekly use, and theyíre not free for you, you are probably getting ripped off in the long run.
    [email protected]

13. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Idk what youíre paying for them, but a few months is terrible. If you arenít getting over a year out of your sleeves with weekly use, and theyíre not free for you, you are probably getting ripped off in the long run.
    $9 for 1, and I only use them on heavy days and in the winter months. I have had my pair for over a year but to say its doing anything but keeping my elbow warm in the winter by now I would be lying there is no compression in them anymore

14. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    $9 for 1, and I only use them on heavy days and in the winter months. I have had my pair for over a year but to say its doing anything but keeping my elbow warm in the winter by now I would be lying there is no compression in them anymore
    So $18/pair - if you use 2, you can get Nordic Lifting shipped from Amazon for $35, which seems to be about the cheapest sleeves with good reviews anywhere.
    [email protected]
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Suggestions for elbow sleeves?
    By Wudog in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2016, 03:11 PM
  2. Am I gripping the BB too close for bench pressing?
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 08:49 PM
  3. Elbows in or out for bench press
    By butrybench555 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 01:20 AM
  4. Need a Strength program for bench
    By theshocker21 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 06:54 PM
  5. Warm Up for Bench