Deadlift help

AnthG82

AnthG82

Awards
Hey all. I'm looking for a little help with increasing my deadlift. I reached 185kg maybe 6 / 7 weeks ago - after training hard today I failed at 180 couldn't move it. My aim is 200 kg. When I get to this I want to enter a powerlifting comp for fun. And help would be great.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Eat lots and increase your training volume every week, deload every 4th week with 50% 1rn for 3-5 fast as u can.

Start with a protocol u can complete any day of the yr (even if u were sick) and progress from there by adding sets every week (i start with 5x6 and work up to 6x10 then add 10kg). 3 months like this will get ur 1rm up.

GainsCoach

Awards
I agree with increasing weight every week however I do it on a 6-week cycle with the 6th week being a deload at about 50% of my 1RM for 5-7 reps. You might give this a try as well as adding in some pause reps with moderate weight or heavy rack pulls depending on which part of the lift is most difficult for you, rack pulls if you're having trouble locking out and pause reps if you're having trouble getting off the floor. Another thing that has helped me before is hip mobility exercises lightly before deadlifts and squats and more intensely post workout, try that for a month or two and see if it works for you as well as it did for me. The Natty Professor on YouTube has some great videos on increasing your deadlift btw