Want to get stronger

Its Raider

Its Raider

Awards
What's up guys, fairly new here. I usually just lurk around. I'm 21, and I just got a good job working with a residential construction company. Im expected to move on up through the company through the years. I had to get out of my other job. Anyways, new job means new hour. Before I had worked from 5am to 1:30 in the afternoon and went back from 4-730 . I usually went to the gym in between 2-3:30. My new job is from 8 am to 5 pm. I know I could go after 5 pm but I wanna be able to relax with my buddies after work and because I'm tired. Anyways, sorry for rambling. My question is , for a hour a day in the gym be enough to gain strength? I wanna go in the morning from about 6 am-7 am. If so, what kind of strength program should I look at? I'm familiar with Canditos linear program. Preciate the help in advance guys.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What's up guys, fairly new here. I usually just lurk around. I'm 21, and I just got a good job working with a residential construction company. Im expected to move on up through the company through the years. I had to get out of my other job. Anyways, new job means new hour. Before I had worked from 5am to 1:30 in the afternoon and went back from 4-730 . I usually went to the gym in between 2-3:30. My new job is from 8 am to 5 pm. I know I could go after 5 pm but I wanna be able to relax with my buddies after work and because I'm tired. Anyways, sorry for rambling. My question is , for a hour a day in the gym be enough to gain strength? I wanna go in the morning from about 6 am-7 am. If so, what kind of strength program should I look at? I'm familiar with Canditos linear program. Preciate the help in advance guys.
You absolutely can do fine with 1hr. Hell, even 30min is enough as long as you're working hard.

As for programs, any normal strength program will work. Most shouldn't take a ton of time anyways as volume is typically lower in a very heavy program. Use whatever has worked for you in the past (if one has) or try a new one. Any of the tried and true programs will suit your needs

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you only have an hour but can train at least 5x a week I'd say you will be set. Just have one main lift a day and maybe 2-3 other movements.

You can get stronger on 3x a week, but you're typically doing a bit more work in one session than an hour would permit (although shortening your rests from optimal is an option to get more work in faster).

Its Raider

Its Raider

Awards
If you only have an hour but can train at least 5x a week I'd say you will be set. Just have one main lift a day and maybe 2-3 other movements.

You can get stronger on 3x a week, but you're typically doing a bit more work in one session than an hour would permit (although shortening your rests from optimal is an option to get more work in faster).
Preciate you buddy!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Plus you're 21 and working construction. Add that to the hour training and eat right and get some rest. You should be set!!

Man to be 21 again....

Its Raider

Its Raider

Awards
Plus you're 21 and working construction. Add that to the hour training and eat right and get some rest. You should be set!!

Man to be 21 again....
I've known the guy for years. Wants me to be a project manager in the future. I'm doing the grunt work and man it's kicking my ass lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Let me give you one sincere piece of advice I wish I had been told at your age that would have saved me a lot of pain and helped me get stronger faster:

Learn to brace like iron, for all lifting either at work or in training. There are no truly strong men with weak cores. If you don't know where to go, Chris Duffin has lots of awesome free YouTube vids. They are boring, but they will teach you everything you need to know about technique as well.

Its Raider

Its Raider

Awards
Let me give you one sincere piece of advice I wish I had been told at your age that would have saved me a lot of pain and helped me get stronger faster:

Learn to brace like iron, for all lifting either at work or in training. There are no truly strong men with weak cores. If you don't know where to go, Chris Duffin has lots of awesome free YouTube vids. They are boring, but they will teach you everything you need to know about technique as well.
I definitely will man, thank you!

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5/3/1.
Be honest about maxed and eat right you will get stronger every 4weeks.
Very short workouts if your by yourself.
1 workout partner and your done in 40min

Its Raider

Its Raider

Awards
5/3/1.
Be honest about maxed and eat right you will get stronger every 4weeks.
Very short workouts if your by yourself.
1 workout partner and your done in 40min
Focusing on nutrition. I have a hard time with it. I'm a picky eater. I just also quit smoking. Well trying at least. It has been a day or so. But yeah, nutrition is my biggest part

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Focusing on nutrition. I have a hard time with it. I'm a picky eater. I just also quit smoking. Well trying at least. It has been a day or so. But yeah, nutrition is my biggest part
If stronger is the goal, then power lifting is prime.
Also power lifting workout can be short and still be effective