585 x7 deadlift at 195lbs

1. Thumbs up 585 x7 deadlift at 195lbs

Felt like putting this up in here...

On my second rep if you watch , my foot starting sinking into the floor... I wish my gym had platforms and round plates these hex plates suck.

Thinking of doing my first sanctioned meet next spring

2. Quote Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post

On my second rep if you watch , my foot starting sinking into the floor... I wish my gym had platforms and round plates these hex plates suck.

Nice job man! Keep pushing it!!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Burnfire View Post
    Nice job man! Keep pushing it!!
    Thanks man... thinking of taking a trip out to Mt vernon barbell soon its not to far and its where larry williams trains who is one of the best young PL in the country... plus there bars have some whip as well

4. Quote Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post

Crazy strong deadlifts, only thing I would say is that you make sure you lock your knees out hard in preparation for the meet, they are very strict on that with sumo deadlifters

5. Quote Originally Posted by Urqa View Post
    Crazy strong deadlifts, only thing I would say is that you make sure you lock your knees out hard in preparation for the meet, they are very strict on that with sumo deadlifters
    thanks my man... this isn't an excuse but as you saw in the second rep I adjusted my footing, the floor isn't even it was like I was in quicksand.. But I know its something I need to work on
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post
    thanks my man... this isn't an excuse but as you saw in the second rep I adjusted my footing, the floor isn't even it was like I was in quicksand.. But I know its something I need to work on
    Yeah I saw that, I had this problem for a while and didn't even notice it until I did a competition, Can't wait to see how you go in your comp some serious potential. Man i couldn't imagine having to deadlift with those plates and a uneven floor haha.

7. Awesome! Have you tested your 1RM? I switched from conventional to sumo recently and I'm shooting for somewhere around 650 in the next 6 months at a bodyweight of 195. Deads are my weakest lift of the three.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Deadlifting 375 for 3 at 165
    By Lifting_Dad in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 08:09 AM
  2. No deadlifting at planet fitness
    By crispycrown in forum General Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 11:25 AM
  3. 19 year old deadlifted 545lbs PR at 205lbs (video inside)
    By danthamansky in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 10:41 AM
  4. When deadlifting for reps where do I stop, at the floor?
    By dynomite in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-19-2009, 04:47 PM
  5. The reason I only went to 585 and 405x20 at Byrds Meet
    By NickW in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 01:58 AM