USPA qualifying

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I've competed in a few local competitions. Some of my best lifts are 605 deadlift and 385 paused bench at 198. But I don't compete in squat due to really bad knee pain while squatting. I was wondering if their is a next step? I always see what the qualifying totals are but can you qualify for individual lifts?i have tried to research at USPA but I couldn't find an answer. Any help would be appreciated.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bump. Anybody? It's starting to get hard for me to get excited for local meets.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice numbers! I feel you on the cycle of doing local meets and wanting to up the competition. You can absolutely qualify for individual lifts. The USPA is having 2017 bench press and deadlift championships and my favorite meet director is running them. They'll likely be held in Pittsburgh. As far as I know, you do a USPA meet and get a master level lift (could be class 1) in either bench or deadlift (dunno if they're doing an ironman division) and you're qualified. Hope that helps and if I've raised further questions, ask and I'll try to help.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice numbers! I feel you on the cycle of doing local meets and wanting to up the competition. You can absolutely qualify for individual lifts. The USPA is having 2017 bench press and deadlift championships and my favorite meet director is running them. They'll likely be held in Pittsburgh. As far as I know, you do a USPA meet and get a master level lift (could be class 1) in either bench or deadlift (dunno if they're doing an ironman division) and you're qualified. Hope that helps and if I've raised further questions, ask and I'll try to help.

Hey man! I follow you on Instagram! I'm Cnr.strength619. And looking through some of the upcoming meets almost every meet is a qualifier. And I'm reading some are saying you need a master or class 1 lift. I'll probably email Steve Dennison and confirm with him. If you could man post back on this thread when you know more about the deadlift and bench press championships. I'm very interested! Happy training!

hansisworld

Awards
Dude! Do it! I'm like you, can't squat for **** due to a bad back. Kinda deadlift, but probably shouldn't do that either. So bench it is!

slggtstrength

slggtstrength

Awards
Just curious if you've looked into the WABDL?

Past gym I went to had a lot of push/pull or just bench and deadlift guys and most seemed to do there.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just curious if you've looked into the WABDL?

Past gym I went to had a lot of push/pull or just bench and deadlift guys and most seemed to do there.

I just kinda looked at them but I only see one meet they do. World bench press and deadlift championship in Vegas. Wouldn't I have to qualify for them first before signing up?

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lil update - I'm doing the deadweight open in San Diego a week from today. It says it qualifies me for-

Nationals bench and deadlift championships in June 2017 with a class 1 bench and deadlift

IPL world bench and deadlift with a masters bench and/or deadlift. Sep 2017

I will also be doing the 220s instead of the 198s. I just don't want to cut wait and I'll grow into the 220 class. I weigh 210-215. The masters lifts for the 220s is 377 Bench and 566 deadlift which are easy for me. Not to mention I'm also in the junior division (23 year old)

I will let you guys know how it goes.

hansisworld

Awards
Lil update - I'm doing the deadweight open in San Diego a week from today. It says it qualifies me for-

Nationals bench and deadlift championships in June 2017 with a class 1 bench and deadlift

IPL world bench and deadlift with a masters bench and/or deadlift. Sep 2017

I will also be doing the 220s instead of the 198s. I just don't want to cut wait and I'll grow into the 220 class. I weigh 210-215. The masters lifts for the 220s is 377 Bench and 566 deadlift which are easy for me. Not to mention I'm also in the junior division (23 year old)

I will let you guys know how it goes.
How'd it go??

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys sorry for the delay. My meet went ok I benched 380 then barely missed 404 and I deadlifted 600 then barely missed 642 (heart breaker) weighed in at 212. And honestly I don't know what I'm doing competition wise next. Just been in a rut lately.

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Nice work, easily qualified for nationals. Not far off elite numbers. Note your kilo conversions on those missed attempts are a pound or 2 off.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Dang man that 642 deadlift attempt is awesome, hopefully you nail it. Deadlift is behind compared to my squat and bench. My son was born recently so training is on hold but I'm shooting for a record on bench press. I know I've got 480-490 in me with 3-4 solid months of training.