Chris T's journey to powerlifting

Page 3 of 12 First 12345 ... Last

1. Woooh! 2 comp lift prs in the same training session. That has to feel good man, nice work.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

2. Feels awesome! Thanks man. I just felt like they were there so went for it. Its kinda funny my knee was kinda bugging me a little bit before hitting the gym but it didnt give me any trouble while lifting.
    •   

3. Congratz on the PRs man!

4. Quote Originally Posted by BeastFitness View Post
    Congratz on the PRs man!
    Thanks alex!

5. Congrats on those PR's hitting some nice numbers!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    That table, do i just apply that to the big 3?
    Yeah, the big 3, or OHP or whatever your main movement is for the day if it's closely related to the big 3. It was actually developed based on the Olympic lifts, but Louie Simmons and others have used it successfully in powerlifting.

The one thing that I'll do different from the chart is that in the 60-70% range, I'll usually do 28-40 reps for upper body. For hypertrophy in an off season phase I'd edge just a little above the chart, but only in the 60-70% range.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

7. Ok well i got some research to do and rethinking my plan. Ill see if i can get a plan based on that dialed in to start next week. Thanks man.

8. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Ok well i got some research to do and rethinking my plan. Ill see if i can get a plan based on that dialed in to start next week. Thanks man.
    Anytime, brother. Easiest is to pick a proven program and run it. After about a year of having the thinking taken care of for you, you'll be able to naturally fall into programming for yourself. Knowing you like submaximal volume, I'd recommend Juggernaut or Cube Kingpin.
    Training log:

9. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Anytime, brother. Easiest is to pick a proven program and run it. After about a year of having the thinking taken care of for you, you'll be able to naturally fall into programming for yourself. Knowing you like submaximal volume, I'd recommend Juggernaut or Cube Kingpin.
    All of this.

I ran Juggernaut and wasn't a big fan personally, but I don't care for submax work by itself.

Cube is always a good bet, as long as you can tolerate the deadlift volume.

10. Mid-workout update. Delt veins are coming nicely. Thats exciting. Never had those before lol

11. Look at you and your PRs. Nice work man.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

12. Shoulders today.

OHP

95X8
    135X8
    145X8
    155X5
    185X5 (Got 3 without any leg drive which is a PR)
    Push press
    225x3
    245x nope felt way heavier than expected
    225x3
    185x5
    Back to strict press
    155x8
    135x8

DB seated shoulder press

65x8
    70x8
    75x8
    80x6 PR
    75x8
    70x8
    65x8

DB lateral raises SS/ upright rows
    25x8x3/100x8x3

Cable rear delt fly SS/ chins
    22.5x8x3/ BWx6x3 (yikes need to work on these more)

BB landmines SS/ weighted dips
    70x10x3/ BW+45x10x3

13. Nice work keep at it Chris!
    Current Training Log -

14. So i took @herderdude 's advice and got me a layout for cube kingpin and started it today. Like it so far. Higher reps than im used to for the first weeks bench workout and it thrashed me.

Comp bench
    135x10
    185x8
    225x8
    225x7
    225x8 (aim was 3 sets 8-12 reps)

CGBP
    240X6
    235X6
    225X6 (Aim was 3x6)

Comp bench pause 1" off chest
    210x7
    205x7
    195x9 (aim was 3x10)

Lat pulldowns
    4x15

DB lateral raises
    [email protected]

Pull ups 3x amrap

Like i said the higher reps thrashed me today... Feels good though

Thats it. Finishing up on the stairclimber now.

15. Its not the leanest ive ever been but its the most satisfied ive ever been with my physique. The only time ive ever been leaner i was 183 pounds now im 225 and almost as lean as then.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

16. Looking Good Chris! Nice shoulders, and you have the appearance like you have a pretty thick back even though I can't see it.
    Current Training Log -

17. Yeah i think ill have my wife take pictures front side and back here in a few weeks. Im happy with how i look right now. Could go a little leaner. But my wife is pregnant and keeps coming home with junk food and i cant keep myself from eating everything in sight so its probably gonna be a while before i start cutting lol

18. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Yeah i think ill have my wife take pictures front side and back here in a few weeks. Im happy with how i look right now. Could go a little leaner. But my wife is pregnant and keeps coming home with junk food and i cant keep myself from eating everything in sight so its probably gonna be a while before i start cutting lol
    If you can maintain your current BF you can probably add some size while she is doing that. If you don't have something specific to be at a certain weight I would just keep working on that strength and eating as good as possible but a little relaxed. It always helps the wife when she feels she isn't alone on everything so joining in every once in a while is a good thing IMHO.
    Current Training Log -

19. Thats what ive come up with lol I pretty much decided im bulking right now. Ive been taking dmz and was on rad140 osta and gw for the first month of dmz so ive been adding size for sure

20. Ive gained probably 10 pounds and im leaner than when i started so i figure so far so good. Not to mention august of last year i was 183 lbs

21. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Thats what ive come up with lol I pretty much decided im bulking right now. Ive been taking dmz and was on rad140 osta and gw for the first month of dmz so ive been adding size for sure
    Nice!!!! I loved RAD, that stuff treated me very nicely! DMZ is the bomb too! You should definitely be adding some size, and no wonder those PR's are dropping like flies!
    Current Training Log -

22. Yeah im definitely happy with where im at. Most of the gains actually came from just eating a ton and lifting heavy. My bench went from 245 1rm to 275 for 2 in 2 months all natty. This is my first cycle on anything like sarms or ph's.

23. Damn man You are built. You learn how to squat and pull and you'll really be moving some weight.
    Training log:

24. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Damn man You are built. You learn how to squat and pull and you'll really be moving some weight.
    Thanks man. Yeah im really trying to up my numbers on squat and deadlift. Although i just reached some big goals of mine (bench over 300, squat over 400, and deadlift over 500) im not even close to satisfied. Since joining this forum my 415 pound squat seems fairly paltry. And 515 pound deadlift is better but still seems alot smaller than it did before i hit it. My goals now are squat over 500 and deadlift over 600. And bench over 400. Some good goals to keep me busy for a while and as long as my numbers keep going up slowly but surely ill be able to stay excited about it. I still get excited about every rep PR and every 5 or 10 pounds i add to each lift.

25. Getting excited and anxious waiting for stuff to come in the mail. Got an 11 pound bag of protein from myprotein.com along with a bag of bcaa's. Gonna be logging 24 hour pump (or monopump, not quite sure) from nutraceutical innovations so i got that on the way too. Got some samples of rise and swell from mind and muscle coming and just won a tub of controlled labs white flood too. Got all kinds of goodies on the way. Stoked. Seriously wasnt expecting all the cool opportunities when i joined this forum.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. simpleton's journey to *****town
    By simpleton in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 09:24 PM
  2. Journey to big numbers
    By Deadlift22693 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 04:34 PM
  3. New to powerlifting
    By Spectre32 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman