Chris T's journey to powerlifting

Page 12 of 12 First ... 101112

1. Hit the gym right after church today with a friend from church.
    Bench
    135x10
    185x10
    225 3x5

Incline bench
    135x10
    155 3x8

Then hit the back.
    Back extention SS/ pull ups
    5x15 with 25# plate on back
    5x failure (10-15)

Lat pulldown dropsets
    180x10
    140x10
    120x10
    100x10

Hammer strength iso-lateral row
    3ppsx10
    3pps+25psx10
    4ppsx10
    4ppsx10
    3ppsx10
    2ppsx10 alternating arms x10 both arms same time

Cable high row
    120 3x15

2. Nice work!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   

3. Alright guys i took a break for a while. Back in the gym as of yesterday. Need some help picking a training method. @MrKleen73 could you help me out with some programming for my workout tonight? Doing legs butt want to work in some bodyweight amd atbleticism work and just get totally shredded and huge. I need some help with motivation and encouragement too. Im in a slump but just had a baby and want to become the best me possible. HELP ME! LOL

4. Hit some squats and deads and satyed fairly light to assess how much strength loss i had. Worked up to 315 on squats and 405 on deads. Feels good to be back. After working so much and being worn down extra stressed out. Just had tge new baby with some terrifying complications but baby and wife are ok and life is good

5. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Hit some squats and deads and satyed fairly light to assess how much strength loss i had. Worked up to 315 on squats and 405 on deads. Feels good to be back. After working so much and being worn down extra stressed out. Just had tge new baby with some terrifying complications but baby and wife are ok and life is good
    Glad to hear the family is alright! That's more important than anything else. Take time to focus on the family, the weights will still be there; as will we.
    •   

6. Sounds like you still have some nice strength Chris.

A simple way to program a more athletic workout would be to add some supersets of explosive movements to your main lifts. Squat day for instance do 2-3 reps of squat jumps as high as possible then do your squat set.

Then say you follow that up with Leg Press and Jump Lunges

Then maybe superset sled pushes and sled pulls to really hit the hammies and quads in a different way.

That or keep to something similar but in a more full body workout style.

6 sets > Broad Jumps x2 / Dead lifts x6
    4 sets > DB Rows x6-8/ Clapping Push Ups x3-5
    3 sets > Reverse Lunges x 20 per leg / DB Snatch x 5
    4 rounds > Overhead Carries 75y, 50y, 50y / Knees to Elbows from hang x 15, 15, 15
    5 rounds 100y dash.

Then the next workout you would go heavier on pushing movements, and hit the other areas with varying intensity and rep schemes, and alternative exercises. Just make sure throughout the week you hit each area with strength, explosiveness and strength endurance training by rotating the focus each of the workouts.
    Current Training Log -

7. I felt weak but not as weak as i expected. My goals have changed a bit in the last month. With my job and how much physical exertion i get at work its not practical for me to train for optimum strength. So im thinking about doing a couple days strength training like a dead/squat/bench centered day. One day for each lift then doing a couple days for metabolic conditioning and hypertrophy and focusing on getting lean and working on my cardiovascular health. I wish i could go back to crossfit a few days a week but thats not really practical right now either. Im also wanting to work on Olympic lifting some too.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Sounds like you still have some nice strength Chris.

A simple way to program a more athletic workout would be to add some supersets of explosive movements to your main lifts. Squat day for instance do 2-3 reps of squat jumps as high as possible then do your squat set.

Then say you follow that up with Leg Press and Jump Lunges

Then maybe superset sled pushes and sled pulls to really hit the hammies and quads in a different way.

That or keep to something similar but in a more full body workout style.

6 sets > Broad Jumps x2 / Dead lifts x6
    4 sets > DB Rows x6-8/ Clapping Push Ups x3-5
    3 sets > Reverse Lunges x 20 per leg / DB Snatch x 5
    4 rounds > Overhead Carries 75y, 50y, 50y / Knees to Elbows from hang x 15, 15, 15
    5 rounds 100y dash.

Then the next workout you would go heavier on pushing movements, and hit the other areas with varying intensity and rep schemes, and alternative exercises. Just make sure throughout the week you hit each area with strength, explosiveness and strength endurance training by rotating the focus each of the workouts.
    Those are definitely some good pointers there Chris thank you! Gotta start saving up for my home gym now!

9. The new addition to the family
    Attached Images Attached Images    

10. What a cutie!!!!!
    Current Training Log -

11. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    What a cutie!!!!!
    Thanks chris!

12. Will log my workout in the morning probably. Had a great one today. Did shoulders and abs. Thinking of maybe a metcon tomorrow with some olympic lifting in there.

13. Subbed! I'm a new dad myself, have a 14-week-old girl. Congrats man!

14. Sorry for lack updates. Wife and baby and kids keeping me busy lol. Dropped into my old crossfit box for a wod the day before yesterday and killled it and loved it. Forgot how much i love crossfit

15. Well guys im back. Havent been lifting on account of working as a framer and doing an engine swap on my truck and overall just not having enough energy but im starting to work out again cause ive gotten chubby eating fast food and ice cream lol. But im starting to pack lunches for work and eat healthier. Starting a cycle as well. Want to get back to being big and lean as opposed to just big and strong
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. simpleton's journey to *****town
    By simpleton in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 09:24 PM
  2. Journey to big numbers
    By Deadlift22693 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 04:34 PM
  3. New to powerlifting
    By Spectre32 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman