Don't like belts

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anybody else not like using belts as much as I do? Everybody thinks I'm an idiot cuz I don't but I feel a lot better without one. Am I an idiot?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I don't use belts or straps, but I take a lot of heat for using gloves lol

I feel like I can get a better grip with gloves....plus, my gf isn't exactly thrilled when I'm touching her with scabbed rough lifter's hands so there's that as well.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't use belts or straps, but I take a lot of heat for using gloves lol

I feel like I can get a better grip with gloves....plus, my gf isn't exactly thrilled when I'm touching her with scabbed rough lifter's hands so there's that as well.
Significantly lower your "that guy" status, acquire rawgear minimalist barehand gloves. Thank me later

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ronnie Coleman wears gloves just saying lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
no belt here either... i do wear gloves or straps on occasion tho.

GF enjoys back scratches from my calluses since I never have fingernails haha

compudog

compudog

Awards
Does anybody else not like using belts as much as I do? Everybody thinks I'm an idiot cuz I don't but I feel a lot better without one. Am I an idiot?
If you don't like using one, it's probably not helping. If it's not helping, don't use it. By which I mean to say, you shouldn't use a belt just because you think you're supposed to, or because someone else says you should, you should only use it if it's useful for you. A belt is actually a technical piece of gear, it's not self evident how to use it like straps or gloves. You have to know about intra abdominal pressure in order to use a belt correctly, which is a matter of form. If you're not there yet then you won't get much help from a belt.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
No ur not an idiot.....but u may have never been taught how to wear a belt the right way.....

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
I haven't used a belt in a long time. It's not because I don't care for them or think they work; it's because we have chitty ones at my gym and I'm too dumb to shell out the cash for one.

Everyone that has posted in this thread is right. You're not an idiot. Who cares what your buddies think when you pull more weight than them beltless?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
plus, my gf isn't exactly thrilled when I'm touching her with scabbed rough lifter's hands so there's that as well.
yeah but how does it feel to have those scabbed rough lifter hands and being pussey whipped too...just sayin' :D

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
yeah but how does it feel to have those scabbed rough lifter hands and being pussey whipped too...just sayin' :D
This guy lol....

Anything that improves my chances of getting laid and I'm doing it haha!

jake1986

Awards
I'd rather not wear one. BUT i wear gloves always. Sometimes straps but gloves ALWAYS.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Only time I like wearing a belt is when I feel I need the back support. Other than that, no straps or gloves, ever, either.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wore gloves years ago and the only thing it did for me was make my grip worse.

Why would a man want velvet hands anyway?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
belts are not needed to workout. they can help but not always with lifting more weight.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
belts are not needed to workout. they can help but not always with lifting more weight.
I couldn't disagree more. My belt less max on squats and deadlifts are like 70% of my belted. This is the case for everyone I know who uses a belt.

This may be the case for people who aren't using it properly.

egreyq

egreyq

Awards
Belt on heavy lifts. I have DDD L4,L5. Just trying to stay healthy. Better safe than sorry. No gloves. Rarely straps. Wrist wraps when they have pain.