And a few days later this is my shoulder workout
Military press 3x5
Dumbbell military press 3x4-8
Arnold press 3x8
Lateral raises 3x8-10
Rear delt flyes 3x8-10
Close grip bench 3x5
Bench dips 3x8

Is this too much volume for each day? I try to kee at least 2 days of rest between chest and shoulders/tris.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So right now this is my chest day:

Pyramid bench press for 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 6
Incline bench 3x8
Dumbbell bench3x8
Flat flyes 3x10

Military press 3x5
Dumbbell military press 3x4-8
Arnold press 3x8
Lateral raises 3x8-10
Rear delt flyes 3x8-10
Close grip bench 3x5
Bench dips 3x8

Is this too much volume for each day? I try to kee at least 2 days of rest between chest and shoulders/tris.
Whether is too much volume or not is up to you, depending on where you're at in your training cycle, and what your maximum recoverable volume is. I would focus on specificity. Considering its powerlifting, the focus should be to increase your competition lifts in some way shape or form (technique, musculature, gpp, ect). Is doing military press followed by dumbbell press followed by arnold press necessary? Or can some of that be replaced with something more specific or maybe that time spent could be better used to recover?

Neverworld

Awards
I'm trying to strengthen my shoulders because they're so weak they're holding back my bench press. My max on bench is 215 but yet I can barely military press 115.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
if you need to ask then you need to be one a proven program. then you know you are doing the right amount. or hire a coach.

Neverworld

Awards
If anybody has a better routine for the bench press and shoulder work I'd be happy to hear them. And the coaches around here aren't useful for anything besides telling people to do little to no weight on machines instead of using free weights.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If anybody has a better routine for the bench press and shoulder work I'd be happy to hear them. And the coaches around here aren't useful for anything besides telling people to do little to no weight on machines instead of using free weights.
Cube Predator for bench. Google

Khazima

Khazima

Awards
So right now this is my chest day:

Bench 5x5
Incline bench 3x8
Dumbbell bench 3x8
Flat flyes 3x10

Military press 5x5
Lateral raises 3x8-10
Rear delt flyes 2x8-10
Facepulls 3x12-15
Close grip bench 3x5
Bodyweight dips 3x8.
Fixed (in my opinion)

Bench 2x (monday/friday) Shoulders Once (wednesday)

Add 5lb everytime you complete a 5x5, once you stall, repeat it for both workouts, then if you fail any reps, decrease by 10-15lb and work back up.

That's if you want to stick to that routine, ideally just find a good bench program and stick with it.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I feel you on having weak shoulders and it effecting your bench

That was my issue about a year ago and emphasizing pressing movements makes the WORLD of a difference