Bench increase

schies_32

Awards
I am a high school athlete that's currently doing powerlifting. State is just under 3 weeks away. I want to get my bench to around 180 by then. I'm in the 125 weight class. My current bench is 145-150. I have a slap tear on my labrum in my left shoulder and tendentious in my right shoulder. What muscle groups and excersies do I have to work in order to meet/ surpass this goal? Thank you!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In all honesty your asking for help all too late fella. Theres no program out there thats going to boost your bench from 145-180 in 3 weeks. No if ands or butts about it and your only 125lbs. How do you have a slap tear and tendinitis already!!! Lawd man fix that RTC and keep working your groove. I doubt trying to change your form will benefit you before your meet but it takes time to do these things and 3 weeks just inst enough time for the goal at hand. 165 on a great day seems more reasonable but this is all IMO.

How long you been powerlifting? Any other sports? Do you actually follow a program? When did your shoulder issues start? Any ROM problems?

These questions help fill in the gaps for others and myself to give you more appropriate feedback.

Not trying to be a jerk but I don't sugarcoat well and hope you the best man!

schies_32

Awards
In all honesty your asking for help all too late fella. Theres no program out there thats going to boost your bench from 145-180 in 3 weeks. No if ands or butts about it and your only 125lbs. How do you have a slap tear and tendinitis already!!! Lawd man fix that RTC and keep working your groove. I doubt trying to change your form will benefit you before your meet but it takes time to do these things and 3 weeks just inst enough time for the goal at hand. 165 on a great day seems more reasonable but this is all IMO. How long you been powerlifting? Any other sports? Do you actually follow a program? When did your shoulder issues start? Any ROM problems? These questions help fill in the gaps for others and myself to give you more appropriate feedback. Not trying to be a jerk but I don't sugarcoat well and hope you the best man!
I got the slap tear playing Highschool football and tendentious from excessive use in the gym. It really sucks lol. I completely understand what you're saying man and thanks for answering.

If at all possible could you answer the question so I can get every pound possible?

As far as your questions go I've been powerlifting for 4 months but lifting for other sports for about a year. I play football, baseball, track and field, powerlifting, and I do some karate too. I follow the program that my coach gave me. He said its a pure lifting program. I hurt my left shoulder around 5-6 months ago and my right about 6 weeks ago. I don't don't notice any ROM movement issues. Thank you.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Your only hope is to improve form. Please post vids of varying angles for us to analyze.

PILL

Awards
First off, get healed.

Second, the point of training for a competition is not to get PRs on training days but to do the things necessary that you get your PRs in competition. For a lot of people that means lessening the volume and workload going into a contest. If you try to add to your bench the week of a meet you're probably going to lift less than you could have if you had deloaded.

schies_32

Awards
First off, get healed. Second, the point of training for a competition is not to get PRs on training days but to do the things necessary that you get your PRs in competition. For a lot of people that means lessening the volume and workload going into a contest. If you try to add to your bench the week of a meet you're probably going to lift less than you could have if you had deloaded.
Thanks