Who do you guys look up to

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Hey, i am not new to powerlfiting but i am no where close to where i want to be. I just wanted to know who you guys look up to or follow of PL? For me is Pete Rubish, he seems extremely down to earth and just humble. What about you guys

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chris Duffin, Dan Green, Kim Valentine, Susan Salazar.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also gotta love Elliot hulse( strongman), which might be different , but he's strong and very intelligent.

Another power lifter is mendelson.

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
I went to a Juggernaut seminar in Chicago a few years back. Everyone at that seminar was beyond approachable and insightful.

Agreed with Rubish. He's willing to come clean about anything and very down to Earth.

Gotta mention Chad Wesley Smith. Powerlifter and Strongman. Guy is a wealth of knowledge and writes in an easy to understand manner.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ed Coan, Chris Duffin, Louie Simmons, Dave Tate.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Carrot top

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I love layne, i train under paul revilia who is lanes training partner. going to lift with them later in the summer!!
Excellent! That should be a great experience. He is incredibly strong

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Excellent! That should be a great experience. He is incredibly strong
He's crazy!! Will be you at the Arnold to watch him lift in it? Just another perk of livin in columbus haha

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
He's crazy!! Will be you at the Arnold to watch him lift in it? Just another perk of livin in columbus haha
No I can't get there. I would like to some day. I think I can watch some of it at bodybuilding.com

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
No I can't get there. I would like to some day. I think I can watch some of it at bodybuilding.com
Ok ok, I mean as much hype as it gets its a sweat box in there Friday afternoon and Saturday. Each guy trying to prove they are bigger then the next guy in line. Can get on your nerves real fast. But I do think you should go at least once it's a good expience

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I'd like to go there once and to the Olympia once

bigcoachk

Awards
Cant believe no one has said Brandon lilly yet especially after that crazy injury and him still going at it.

bigcoachk

Awards
Really like rubbish too especially now that he lives in ky. You all be on the lookout for one of my buddies mike conley him and pete are going head to head this summer at the bourbon bash in Lexington both will be pulling over 800

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cant believe no one has said Brandon lilly yet especially after that crazy injury and him still going at it.
We were leaving him for you.

Both impressive dudes. There are a lot of inspirational folks out there.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Really like rubbish too especially now that he lives in ky. You all be on the lookout for one of my buddies mike conley him and pete are going head to head this summer at the bourbon bash in Lexington both will be pulling over 800

Pete is so down to earth and humble, met him at the arnold. Amazing guy. I look up to him for sure.

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
I follow most of the people previously stated but a few others would have to be Tee Cummins, another Animal athlete who I got to see lift at the Arnold this year and Jason Britt. He's more of an underground athlete though he's strong as a bull. Both give me incredible motivation for my lifts.

Doomzday

Doomzday

Awards
Utuber Maxx Chewnning --> Lightweight category

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chad Wesley Smith, Brandon Lilly, Dan Green, Mark Bell.

Chad Wesley Smith and Brandon Lilly are together in a lot of YouTube vids that are must watch videos if you train powerlifting. Things that took me years to first understand they sum up in videos.

And supertraining TV with Mark Bell is always fun to watch.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Anyone taller than 6' 1".