Conan phillipi deadlift program

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Have any of you heard of this program? I'm trying to get my deadlift up to 500.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heard of it and heard it works. Haven't tried for myself though.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Heard of it and heard it works. Haven't tried for myself though.
thanks. I've been running smolov for squat for months now and it does not feel difficult anymore. I'm thinking of trying something new now and since my deadlift is lacking I thought why not run the equivalent of smolov for deads.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Did it. Added 44lbs to my deads. I also hardly did all the accessory work. I even failed some reps in the middle weeks

A guy I train with used it to take his deads from the mid 600s to the mid 700s with a few cycles of it.

It's brutal. Don't look for more than a 10% gain each time. I would shoot more for a 5% gain when calculating numbers. Remember, 5% of 500 is still 25lbs. 25lbs gain on your deadlifr in less than 3 months is amazing.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Did it. Added 44lbs to my deads. I also hardly did all the accessory work. I even failed some reps in the middle weeks A guy I train with used it to take his deads from the mid 600s to the mid 700s with a few cycles of it. It's brutal. Don't look for more than a 10% gain each time. I would shoot more for a 5% gain when calculating numbers. Remember, 5% of 500 is still 25lbs. 25lbs gain on your deadlifr in less than 3 months is amazing.
thanks, I think I'm going to start the program with tomorrows back day.

zhowell21

Awards
Did it. Added 44lbs to my deads. I also hardly did all the accessory work. I even failed some reps in the middle weeks A guy I train with used it to take his deads from the mid 600s to the mid 700s with a few cycles of it. It's brutal. Don't look for more than a 10% gain each time. I would shoot more for a 5% gain when calculating numbers. Remember, 5% of 500 is still 25lbs. 25lbs gain on your deadlifr in less than 3 months is amazing.
do you think this could also work for my bench and squat? using all same percentages just obviously tweak the assistance exercises?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
do you think this could also work for my bench and squat? using all same percentages just obviously tweak the assistance exercises?
i don't think so. your body can handle a lot more volume and frequency with squats and bench than it can with deads.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I ran a single cycle of it. It was brutal and honestly I couldn't keep up with all the volume. Made decent gains but was so burned out. Won't run it again.

EDBANGER

EDBANGER

Awards
Dragging up an old post but this section of the forum does seem quiet.

I highly rate the Coen programme and pretty much just stick to running it in the 10 week cycles as I hate deadlifting and find the gradual build up through the weeks means I'm less likely to injure myself. I think the trick is to be sensible with the numbers you expect from it when you sort your programme out. I've got a great excel spreadsheet I made which calculates your 10 week run according to your desired max at the end. I think a 20lb gain over the 10 week run is a reasonable setup.

I was told that Phillipi designed this programme to help Coen come back from injury. Not sure how true that is.