Three lifts

PhillRC

PhillRC

Awards
Okay I've been training nearly 2 years now and I started off at 9st2 and I've finally hit 11st (70kg)

My three Lifts @ 1rm

Bench 85kg

Deadlift 170kg

Squat 160kg parallel

Is my bench a bit behind or is that normal ?

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Not too bad for your weight man! (After I figured out the conversion.. Thanks to my iPhone app!)
I think you will be happier above 200lbs tho (90+kg)
Squat and dead are pretty legit though!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds reasonable to me. More often than not, I see people worried about their bench when they should be worried about their squat/deadlift. Seriously, for health-only reasons I think you are better off lagging on the bench than on the other two.

You shouldn't worry so much about how you compare to others. The real question is, how do you compare to your 9st2 version of yourself? When you started, how were you in those 3 lifts?

Comparing to others is good to some extent, but the real measure is your own improvement and what you're gonna do about it.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Sounds reasonable to me. More often than not, I see people worried about their bench when they should be worried about their squat/deadlift. Seriously, for health-only reasons I think you are better off lagging on the bench than on the other two. You shouldn't worry so much about how you compare to others. The real question is, how do you compare to your 9st2 version of yourself? When you started, how were you in those 3 lifts? Comparing to others is good to some extent, but the real measure is your own improvement and what you're gonna do about it.
can't be said much better than this!!
Also, what are your goals? Are you looking to compete?
What program do you use?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They don't look bad. Just keep working on form and follow a good strength routine and they will all improve.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Okay I've been training nearly 2 years now and I started off at 9st2 and I've finally hit 11st (70kg)

My three Lifts @ 1rm

Bench 85kg

Deadlift 170kg

Squat 160kg parallel

Is my bench a bit behind or is that normal ?
for the body weight the SQ and DL are good, the bench is a little low. how tall are you?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
At your weight that doesn't look too shabby at all ma man. Just keep pounding that technique and treat all three lifts with importance.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
I would have you gain about 10lbs... And really work the back, which will help your bench.