Wraps or sleeves?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
What do you use? Why did you choose whatever it is you use? What brand do you use? What do you recommend?( Knee, wrist, elbow and whatever else you wrap)

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use Powerbelly Felonies for my knees, not what I'd recommend for someone's first pair of knee wraps, but they do well for me. Wrist wraps I have the basic 36" Inzer Z's. Never used knee sleeves but I have used EFS super heavy elbow sleeves. They did protect my elbows but were a little too powerful and threw off my bench. Now I have an Inzer sleeve with Velcro that I like a lot more.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Titan 7mm knee sleeves- keep my knees warm without rebound in the hole (if you want rebound buy some SBDs)

Wrist wraps- titan 24" mids (black and blues)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I was looking at Gangsta by Slipshot. Sold out though. The one you mentioned tyga are also sold out. People must be making some New Years resolutions which require this stuff

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mark, can I ask what your goals are? I wouldn't recommend knee wraps unless you are competing in a wrapped division, or if you're wanting specific overload training while using them.

As for sleeves, more for knee warmth-SBD, Titan, Rehband, EFS, TK's

Wrist wraps-EFS, Titan

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Mark, can I ask what your goals are? I wouldn't recommend knee wraps unless you are competing in a wrapped division, or if you're wanting specific overload training while using them. As for sleeves, more for knee warmth-SBD, Titan, Rehband, EFS, TK's Wrist wraps-EFS, Titan
Sure. I need to start lifting heavier in deadlift and squat. Personal lifting goals for now. I have competed in 2 power lifting meets in the past. I am not ready for that again. I don't want to hurt my knees. This is my primary goal.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure. I need to start lifting heavier in deadlift and squat. Personal lifting goals for now. I have competed in 2 power lifting meets in the past. I am not ready for that again. I don't want to hurt my knees. This is my primary goal.
Strictly for knee health, I'd go with sleeves. Do you have a program in mind to help you towards a heavier squat and dead?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Strictly for knee health, I'd go with sleeves. Do you have a program in mind to help you towards a heavier squat and dead?
Yes. It's Mike O'Hearn's Powerbodybuilding. It is close to the 5/3/1 workouts I have seen posted. I have used it before and experienced incredible gains,

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes. It's Mike O'Hearn's Powerbodybuilding. It is close to the 5/3/1 workouts I have seen posted. I have used it before and experienced incredible gains,
awesome. Then you're headed in the right direction my man!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When ya say knee health can ya elaborate?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
my knees crack and stuff when I'm squatting or deadlifting. I have no injuries. I don't want any injuries. I want to build my legs and am afraid of damaging my knees. Any thoughts?

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I'm assuming he means something close to what was stated above. Wraps are for those in a competition oriented program, while sleeves are for everyday training and light support. There is also a big difference in feel and technique between the two

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have to concur with the sleeves for your goal. A knee wrap may just mask a problem with the knees in this case.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
When ever i squat i use SBD knee sleeves, i personally like them a little more then rehband, but not by much. And i also use mini gangsta wrap on my right wrist (past issues)