Rocktape for powerlifting?

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
It's stumbled across this product and I see it's promoted for Crossfit and endurance athletes but it claims to help with oxygen, blood flow, drainage, and things like that and was curious is this would be good for powerlifting. Have any of you power lifters used or thought about using such a product? I mean it's pretty cheap. Just curious in people's thoughts

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
It's probably as helpful as crossfit is to putting on mass.

Hahaha jk but sounds like it would be cool if it was legit

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's stumbled across this product and I see it's promoted for Crossfit and endurance athletes but it claims to help with oxygen, blood flow, drainage, and things like that and was curious is this would be good for powerlifting. Have any of you power lifters used or thought about using such a product? I mean it's pretty cheap. Just curious in people's thoughts
No no no no no. They're using it for injuries, and I don't even believe it does ANY of that (or if any of that is even proven). The only times I've had K-Tape or Rocktape on me was for my shoulders and fibula head. My chiro put it one strip on my shoulders just because when I would slouch or let my shoulders roll forward, the tape would get tight, reminding me not to do that. That's literally all it did.

Mind if I ask what your training is like? I remember you posting before that you're bench press only, and you seem to post a lot about other stuff like supplements for acute strength gains and now Rocktape. Just curious.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rock tape isnt proven to aid performance yet and application from anyone other than a trained professional makes it extremely unreliable. Some people report that it "feels" better and their recovery is enhanced. I believe simply stretching, foam rolling, and stick work can promote similar effects as well as hitting the pool and sauna after tougher sessions. To each their own and ya really have to try it and see if its for you.

badwolf42

Awards
If its used properly it can help with lymph flow, blood flow and an increase of proprioception to the area. But no its really of no help for powerlifting unless you injured yourself. Injured muscles need a bit of help to more quickly get rid of all that build up but a healthy muscle does all that much better all on its own.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
No no no no no. They're using it for injuries, and I don't even believe it does ANY of that (or if any of that is even proven). The only times I've had K-Tape or Rocktape on me was for my shoulders and fibula head. My chiro put it one strip on my shoulders just because when I would slouch or let my shoulders roll forward, the tape would get tight, reminding me not to do that. That's literally all it did. Mind if I ask what your training is like? I remember you posting before that you're bench press only, and you seem to post a lot about other stuff like supplements for acute strength gains and now Rocktape. Just curious.
no I don't mind at all! I enjoy sharing for those who aren't just busting my ass. I'll PM it too u, if the PM won't work on my phone I'll get to it tomorrow on my PC