Strange...maybe not? You decide.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys/girls.

Is it considered weird that I can squat 315x6 (find it difficult) yet my max is 430? It seems a huge difference between the weights.

I could understand it more if say I was doing 315 x8-10 easily, but obviously I'm not, my muscular insurance must be very low yet I have a strong 1RM (for me).

Now it could just be down to the fact that when I go all out on a Max effort I actually cry because my adrenaline is so high and I'm using horrible thoughts to push me well beyond my comfort zone. (Similar to George leeman when he deadlifts)

So I guess I'm asking g if it's the pure adrenaline that pushes me to lift heavy, even though I probably couldn't squat say 360x 3.

max d

Awards
  • Established
What does your ROM look like when your maxing out? I know I can throw on a ton of weight for a wicked quarter squat. Have someone or yourself take a video of you doing your sets of 6 and your 1 rep max. Just a thought.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
What does your ROM look like when your maxing out? I know I can throw on a ton of weight for a wicked quarter squat. Have someone or yourself take a video of you doing your sets of 6 and your 1 rep max. Just a thought.
Same depth as normal reps, always prided myself on getting decent depth, I gauge it by the safety bars. I will get someone to film it too though.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On my squat, I hit 405x5 for a PR two weeks before my first 500. My biggest triple is 500, and my biggest double is 515. Meanwhile my biggest squat in a meet is 601. But I don't push reps that hard and I don't often do sets above 3-5 reps on squat. Maybe 275-315 for an AMRAP, but nothing really heavy.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
the fiber type makeup of your legs also plays a role.

max d

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I need to retest my max. Throw on an extra 90 from what my max triple is. Never had the balls to throw on that much extra weight from what I train with.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I need to retest my max. Throw on an extra 90 from what my max triple is. Never had the balls to throw on that much extra weight from what I train with.
Lol when you put it that way it seems stupid. I basically put say 40lb on top of my training weights and see how I go, if it's easy then I simply psyche myself up to an insane level where I'm genuinely crying and just stupidly angry, I feel if I fail.... So what? But if I get it then I'm happy. It's sort of do or die attitude.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
For the most part I'm the same way...

My max at on point was 500 but could only rep 405 for 3-4. For me it's just my max effort is better then my stamina for reps (my cardio blows). Now that iv started trying more reps and iv started BLRs follidrone I can do 405 for 8! Which even when I was at my strongest on all kinda drugs I couldn't do before... But I think if you don't do alot of reps the body is like WTF when you do try.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
For the most part I'm the same way... My max at on point was 500 but could only rep 405 for 3-4. For me it's just my max effort is better then my stamina for reps (my cardio blows). Now that iv started trying more reps and iv started BLRs follidrone I can do 405 for 8! Which even when I was at my strongest on all kinda drugs I couldn't do before... But I think if you don't do alot of reps the body is like WTF when you do try.
Yeah this makes a lot of sense... Something like squats,deads and bench I don't do a lot of reps.... But on the accessory work I do.

I'm so tempted to get some follidrone, heard nothing but good stuff :)