Realistic goals ?
- 07-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Realistic goals ?
I was wondering if my goals were realistic or not. I am doing a 14-16 week long strength gaining/powerlifting routine. I would like to ( at the very least ) meet my goals or exceed them. My goals are:
1. Increase my 5 rep Flat Bench from 50 to 120 lbs.
2. Double my 11 rep barbell row from 50 to 100 lbs.
3. Triple my 8 rep Shoulder Press From 40 to 120 lbs.
4. Triple my 6 rep Incline Bench from 35 to 105 lbs.
The reason I have odd reps is because these are the weights and reps I'm familiar seeing.
- 07-04-2014, 05:23 PM
We need more information -
2. What do you weigh?
3. How old are you?
4. How long have you been lifting?
That should give us a starting point.
- 07-04-2014, 07:28 PM
07-04-2014, 07:34 PM
IMO don't even make goals yet you will be making good gains for the next few months since you're so new to strength training. Just keep training and eating and you'll get to where you want to go.
07-05-2014, 10:37 PM
You'll be getting nice rookie gains for quite some time like guy above me said. After those start wearing out then make your goals. In the mean time - just eat right, supplement with a good protein, creatine, bcaas, lift right and you'll be straight
07-06-2014, 08:03 AM
As others have said, your only real goal should be to consistently and safely add weight to the bar each workout. More importantly than this, learn proper form and safety for each exercise. You will be surprised with how much stronger you are I think.
07-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Goals are for soccer players. Just lift heavy and eat big.
07-22-2014, 06:42 AM
- 5'7" 76 lbs.
- Join Date
- Apr 2014
- (APO) Korea
- Rep Power
Big ass 14 yr old.
Follow a good program and you'll grow. The biggest thing will be eating right and not skipping around with programs. Do one program for at least 3 months before deciding if it works or not.
Similar Forum Threads
- By MattPorter in forum SupplementsReplies: 61Last Post: 08-29-2012, 02:56 PM
- By nparisi in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 03-06-2009, 04:00 PM
- By Workman in forum General ChatReplies: 21Last Post: 02-11-2007, 08:18 AM
- By bigbadboss101 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-26-2003, 10:56 PM