Good Back and bicep Exersises for strength ?

  1. Good Back and bicep Exersises for strength ?


    What are some good back and bicep exercises that are good for increasing strength ?


  2. Deadlifts, Pull-ups, BB Rows & BB Curls are staples IMO

  3. Actually finding the connection between the squeeze of your Lats and Biceps matter most IMO. For a time I went through the motions, saw slow gains, but when you put your focus on the contraction the efficiency goes through the roof. That doesn't mean take it super slow, just make every rep have a purpose and translate it over to every movement.
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep
    Olympus Labs, turning mere mortals into Demigods!!!
    Visit us at: http://olympus-labs.com/
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Actually finding the connection between the squeeze of your Lats and Biceps matter most IMO. For a time I went through the motions, saw slow gains, but when you put your focus on the contraction the efficiency goes through the roof. That doesn't mean take it super slow, just make every rep have a purpose and translate it over to every movement.
    Definately agreed, I've been dropping the weight more and concentrating on squeezing and contracting an it's paying off. I stopped worrying about picking up the heaviest weight I could.

  5. While I agree deads are great for back, may I suggest doing them snatch grip? Because of the wider grip it places more stress on the traps, upper back and rear delts

    To add to the list - Inverted rows, chin ups for biceps, and I absolutely love 'seal rows' aka prone bench rows. They're pretty much barbell or dumbbell rows except instead of doing them bent over which allows for "cheating", you do them while lying on a bench. Can't cheat as much. They're awesome

  6. Is increasing your strength for your back (assuming lats specifically) and biceps the overall goal?
    Or is it secondary?
    i.e. you want stronger lats for a potentially stronger deadlift?

    That can help with choosing the right exercises.

    For general purposes
    Back:
    Rack Pulls
    Barbell Rows (Pendlay Rows would be a decent alternate)
    Weighted Pullups
    Rack Chins

    Biceps:
    Drag Curls
    Barbell Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Reverse Barbell Curls
    The journey of balancing a healthy lifestyle as a father & a husband. - LiftingDad.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Lifting_Dad View Post
    Is increasing your strength for your back (assuming lats specifically) and biceps the overall goal?
    Or is it secondary?
    i.e. you want stronger lats for a potentially stronger deadlift?

    That can help with choosing the right exercises.

    For general purposes
    Back:
    Rack Pulls
    Barbell Rows (Pendlay Rows would be a decent alternate)
    Weighted Pullups
    Rack Chins

    Biceps:
    Drag Curls
    Barbell Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Reverse Barbell Curls
    Right now I want to build a ton of strength.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Jrpowerlifter View Post
    Right now I want to build a ton of strength.
    Focus on those lifts mentioned. The other part will be laying out your routine. There are a lot of options out there.
    For gaining strength DUP would be a good method to utilize. The rep range shouldn't be more than 6 reps per set for your main lifts. Accessory and auxiliary lifts could be higher but I'd keep them no higher than 10 reps per set.
    The journey of balancing a healthy lifestyle as a father & a husband. - LiftingDad.com

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Lifting_Dad View Post
    Focus on those lifts mentioned. The other part will be laying out your routine. There are a lot of options out there.
    For gaining strength DUP would be a good method to utilize. The rep range shouldn't be more than 6 reps per set for your main lifts. Accessory and auxiliary lifts could be higher but I'd keep them no higher than 10 reps per set.
    What is DUP ?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Jrpowerlifter View Post
    What is DUP ?
    Daily undulating periodization I believe is what they're talking about

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Jrpowerlifter View Post
    What is DUP ?
    As stated above it's daily undulating periodization. Implementing a program that employs different rep ranges during a given week. Ensuring that the rep ranges do not greatly vary. Ie 4 reps on Monday 20 reps on Friday.
    The journey of balancing a healthy lifestyle as a father & a husband. - LiftingDad.com

  12. Seal Rows, Kroc Rows, Wide Grip Trap Bar Deadlift, Snatch Grip Deadlift...

  13. Deads ftw!!

  14. exercises are only part of the equation. volume, intensity, and frequency should be taken in to consideration to match your goals. if you want to get strong, look up proven strong programs. like 5/3/1, 20/10/life, cube, westside for skinny bastards, stronglifts, or texas method.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Back and bicep
    By onimusha in forum Bulking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 09:07 AM
  2. Top oral and Top injectible for STRENGTH
    By Tom 185 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 09:23 AM
  3. Anabolics for Strength and Endurance
    By Doomsday in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 06:17 PM
  4. Ah, it feels good to look back and laugh
    By spatch in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 11:18 PM
  5. Commercial Trandermals shutdown for good? Read and post
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2002, 08:16 PM
Log in
Log in