Deadlift question?

samsav

Awards
Know this may seem a strange question however I rarely train with anyone as prefer to get in my own zone n go to war in the gym haha, I weigh 72.5 kg and am around 5"7 and today I dead lifted 200kg for 1 rep my pb, is this a good weight for my weight and height? May seem stupid question but I am just curious?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As long as you're improving man it's all good!

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sure is. If you are weighing about #160 and are pulling #440, your nearing 3x BW which is damn good. So congrats...!
How long have you been at it and what kind of pulling/routine do you do have you done to get up there?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agree! OP, I weigh 210 and took many years to get to 515. You are almost there at 50lbs less. Great pull no question.

samsav

Awards
Cheers guys must say I am a little sore today for it. ;-) next goal will be 220kg

samsav

Awards
Sure is. If you are weighing about #160 and are pulling #440, your nearing 3x BW which is damn good. So congrats...! How long have you been at it and what kind of pulling/routine do you do have you done to get up there?[/QUOTE
I have training for around 4 years now however only really got into the deadlifts about 8 months ago, I start with say 40kg rep 10/15 up it to 100kg for 10/12 reps then gradually up it by 20 kg each time then so as many reps as possible, then go for my 1 rep max which this time was 200kg. Must say I'm a little chuffed with myself after the comments:) cheers guys :)

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, if you only started DLing 8 months ago and are in mid 400's already and at your size BW, you are way ahead of many in that lifts progressions and gains.
Do you squat? and if so, where is that lift compared to your pulls?

samsav

Awards
Well, if you only started DLing 8 months ago and are in mid 400's already and at your size BW, you are way ahead of many in that lifts progressions and gains. Do you squat? and if so, where is that lift compared to your pulls?
I not really bothered with squats I do a lot of walking and running so not really focus much on then, if I do I usually do high reps with 60 kg, 5sets 10 -20 reps, my bench press max is 110kg, looking to bulk up abit so will probs do lot more squats to be fair with deadlifts too