First Powerlifting meet.

FitNikkix21

FitNikkix21

Awards
March 1st is my first PL meet and I need some advice with opening weights.

Max:
Bench 95# (goal at least 100#)
Squat 185# (goal at least 200#)
Deadlift 235#

I've been told to just follow my regular warm up pattern for each lift. All advice welcome. :)

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your opener should be a weight that you can hit sick, with a hurt back & migraine. That is, something that's automatic for you, that you can hit all day every day.

napalm

napalm

Awards
are these kilos?

<month out you should already know the answers to your questions

post vids, only way for me to give any suggestions...

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
are these kilos?

<month out you should already know the answers to your questions

post vids, only way for me to give any suggestions...
Or a female? Srs question

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Your opener should be a weight that you can hit sick, with a hurt back & migraine. That is, something that's automatic for you, that you can hit all day every day.
x2. Make sure ALL your openers are something you could literally roll out of bed and do. 70-80% see how you feel that day, you can ALWAYS go up... never back down. Just focus on having fun, try to go 9/9 but use it as a learning experience

Or a female? Srs question
this too...
^^ why does this matter?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been here lol actually had a complete markup of a gameplan but was surrounded by guys who had "been there and done that" so they let me work in and helped give me tips and pointers along the way. Dont overthink this as its just another day you walk in, F stuff up and leave lol 1st meet you will leave with more ideas then when you walked in.

Not much to do with your OP but be start a log so the rest of us can follow along, with only a few weeks to go new PRs are really only possible if ya already been grinding this winter

FitNikkix21

FitNikkix21

Awards
Sorry I've been MIA. The weights are in lbs and I'm a female. 114# weight class. I have a plan all worked out and have been getting advice from others who have competed in meets. I've been to several meets (my dad is a record holder) and have a feel for them. Just thought this was a great forum to get some more input! I post my videos on instagram if anyone has it. (Unsername: NikkkiTx21) Thanks for the advice so far. :)

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I've been MIA. The weights are in lbs and I'm a female. 114# weight class. I have a plan all worked out and have been getting advice from others who have competed in meets. I've been to several meets (my dad is a record holder) and have a feel for them. Just thought this was a great forum to get some more input! I post my videos on instagram if anyone has it. (Unsername: NikkkiTx21) Thanks for the advice so far. :)
Looking to see these vids soon!

Chunkx

Chunkx

Awards
Goodluck, its in a few weeks