warm up for competition

  1. Registered User
    BradZahringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    29
    Answers
    0

    warm up for competition


    So my first strongman even is tomorrow and getting nervous not knowing how it all goes down. How do they allow you to warm up and any othet advice would be awesome.

  2. Registered User
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,468
    Answers
    3


    Can't say for sure as I haven't done one. @NomZ and @jimbuick have, though. I'd say just warm up like you normally would and if you have any questions, ask your fellow competitors and when in doubt, follow the crowd. Good luck!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  3. Registered User
    BradZahringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    29
    Answers
    0


    Thanks and i will not be afraid to ask questions.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    NomZ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,469
    Answers
    0


    At the small meet I did, I warmed up just doing a general, non-specific warmup and then I believe I did some deadlifts for reps and light OHP.

    I did not warm up any specific events and neither did anyone I see. My experience is pretty limited though.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  5. Registered User
    BradZahringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    29
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    At the small meet I did, I warmed up just doing a general, non-specific warmup and then I believe I did some deadlifts for reps and light OHP.

    I did not warm up any specific events and neither did anyone I see. My experience is pretty limited though.
    Ok. I wasnt sure if they have some weights you can warm up with or not. I know its probably different everywhere. Thanks
  6. Registered User
    ironpsych's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    31
    Answers
    0


    If its a reasonably well run meet they should give you a little time with the implement to warm up, as well as have an area with weights or space to do a general warmup. Its a good idea o invest in some bands of low, medium, and high tension that you can use in the event the warmup area is too busy or there is no warmup area.
  7. Registered User
    BradZahringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    29
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ironpsych View Post
    If its a reasonably well run meet they should give you a little time with the implement to warm up, as well as have an area with weights or space to do a general warmup. Its a good idea o invest in some bands of low, medium, and high tension that you can use in the event the warmup area is too busy or there is no warmup area.
    I did weigh ins last night and had a chance to see my warm up area and lift site. Eased my mind a little being my first one. And i did bring a couoke bandnin case.
  8. Registered User
    BradZahringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    29
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by BradZahringer View Post

    I did weigh ins last night and had a chance to see my warm up area and lift site. Eased my mind a little being my first one. And i did bring a couoke bandnin case.
    Couple bands in case
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What's your warm up for legs?
    By Rob94hawk in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 09:45 AM
  2. Warming up for heavy sets....
    By waynaferd in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 04:14 PM
  3. Warm Up for Bench
    By mkurtzhals in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-14-2006, 07:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in