Ed Coans Bench Press Training Cycle

CalebLosie

CalebLosie

Awards
This is a training cycle that me and one of my lifting partners have started to increase our Bench Press for our lifting meets. We are currently heading into Week 3 this Sunday and I can say, I've been noticing strength gains already. The cycle is spread out into 2 days per week: heavy day and light day. Day one you do 3 excersises: Bench Press, Close Grip Bench Press, and Incline Bench Press. After we usually do a circuit that includes chest, back, and triceps and do that usually 3 times, all lighter weight with a lot of reps. On the second day, you do 2 sets of light bench press and we usually do some dumbbell work. Just click the link then enter your max bench and hit calculate, and it will fill in the charts for you. I will leave the link below. Me and my training partner are both juniors in high school and anticipate to do very well at our lifting meets this winter. I believe this is going to help us tremendously. What are your opinions, and do you have any other good workouts to increase strength and size? Please share!

- Caleb

.joeskopec.com/edcoanbench.html

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dunno about Coans. Only from what I've read. Let us know how it goes.

As for other programs? There's tons. 5/3/1, Cube Method, Westside, Shieko, Smolov ect

Look at 5/3/1 or the Cube Method. PDFs can be found online

CalebLosie

CalebLosie

Awards
Dunno about Coans. Only from what I've read. Let us know how it goes.

As for other programs? There's tons. 5/3/1, Cube Method, Westside, Shieko, Smolov ect

Look at 5/3/1 or the Cube Method. PDFs can be found online
Alright cool thanks I've heard of most of those, just haven't really looked into them, the past few years I've been focusing my training on a mix of strength training and body building mainly I need to look in to these... And I will let everyone knows how it goes

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where are your numbers at right now? I'd imagine at your age the only thing that you NEED to be doing is showing up and working hard.

CalebLosie

CalebLosie

Awards
Where are your numbers at right now? I'd imagine at your age the only thing that you NEED to be doing is showing up and working hard.
I'm a junior in high school 16 almost 17
I weigh about 210
Bench: 240
Squat: 350
Deadlift: 410
Clean: 205

I'm currently in the middle of my football season so I don't do as much training during the season, but I train everyday of the week when it's not football season.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a junior in high school 16 almost 17
I weigh about 210
Bench: 240
Squat: 350
Deadlift: 410
Clean: 205

I'm currently in the middle of my football season so I don't do as much training during the season, but I train everyday of the week when it's not football season.
Good stuff, youngin. You've got a great start. Keep going hard and don't be afraid to get a little low volume low intensity work in-season so your numbers don't drop and to get a little boost in recovery.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Edited for the jnsignificance of my post lol. Herder already said it.

CalebLosie

CalebLosie

Awards
Good stuff, youngin. You've got a great start. Keep going hard and don't be afraid to get a little low volume low intensity work in-season so your numbers don't drop and to get a little boost in recovery.
Thanks, I plan to! I'd like to go far in powerlifting or anything with lifting, bodybuilding etc..... Right now after the season my goals are gaining size and strength and I think I just need to keep going, like you said I'm still young, and right now i need to just kick ass in the gym. Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Admin Articles 0
Admin Articles 5
Training Forum 32
Sage0607 Training Forum 43
Training Forum 3