Help with the Westside Template

gymguy21

Awards
Hey guys I've been thinking about diving into the Westside template and have a few questions. So I've read over a lot of info on it and still don't have a clear answer on what to do on ME lower day. It says squat/dead lift variation and I'm supposed to pick one. How do you guys set this up? Do you rotate every other week for dead lifts and squats on ME lower day? Do you guys do both on ME lower day? I understand the upper body setup a little better and have a pretty good understanding of DE lower days. Any help would be great thanks.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys I've been thinking about diving into the Westside template and have a few questions. So I've read over a lot of info on it and still don't have a clear answer on what to do on ME lower day. It says squat/dead lift variation and I'm supposed to pick one. How do you guys set this up? Do you rotate every other week for dead lifts and squats on ME lower day? Do you guys do both on ME lower day? I understand the upper body setup a little better and have a pretty good understanding of DE lower days. Any help would be great thanks.
Have you looked in the Westside Barbell Book of Methods? That'd help you out a lot, along with the links that Ozzie posted.

ThorBara

ThorBara

Awards
I change movement every week rotating from a squat , deadlift and good morning variation. For example:
WEEK 1 : Low Box Squat (25cm.)
WEEK 2 : Deadlift With Chains
WEEK 3 : Good Morning 3RM
WEEK 4 : Free Squat With Chains
WEEK 5 : Deficit Pull
WEEK 6 : SSB Good Morning 5RM