Introducing Myself

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
Hey guys just wanted to introduce my self to the forum. I am pretty new to powerlifting but, have been competing in the NAS as a Strongman for about 6 years ago as a teen up until I joined the Army 3 years ago ( currently a civilian again ) I obviously lost tons of strength and size went into basic a stocky 230 and came out @ 160lbs. Obviously for the 2 and 1/2 years I was in running and body weight was my main concern so, I am basically starting back over from scratch. After 7 months of training, eating, and not running I am finally back up to 225-230 @ 18% body fat... I def enjoy my food. Best lifts as of the past 3 weeks are.

Squat:425x4
Deadlift:515x2,530x1
Bench:315x1

So hopefully I can and will fit in around here and maybe hopefully share and learn some new knowledge. Thanks Guys

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
Best numbers that I can remember where at much more out of shape 250 (now 225-230) than I am now but I believe if I recall Correctly

Age: 18 went in to military like a month after my 19th Birthday. Just turned 22.
Squat 405 now 425 for 4
Bench 275 now 315 for 1, 275 for 6
Deadlift 475 now 530 for 1
Push Press 255 now 300 for 1

I have videos of all this but I can not figure how to get it to load to the website.

So I am not super far ahead of where I was but a massive difference considering Im leaner and decently stronger in general.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Best numbers that I can remember where at much more out of shape 250 (now 225-230) than I am now but I believe if I recall Correctly

Age: 18 went in to military like a month after my 19th Birthday. Just turned 22.
Squat 405 now 425 for 4
Bench 275 now 315 for 1, 275 for 6
Deadlift 475 now 530 for 1
Push Press 255 now 300 for 1

I have videos of all this but I can not figure how to get it to load to the website.

So I am not super far ahead of where I was but a massive difference considering Im leaner and decently stronger in general.
You'll have to upload your videos to YouTube and then post the link. Several or us are competing and logging our training and discussing everything with each other. We're always posting vids for everyone's critiques.

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
I weigh around there, and your numbers are better than mine! I'm hoping to dead lift around there soon.

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
Haha damn I spent the past 10 mins trying to put on the links on here and then I get a messages that says I cant post links until I have 10 more posts damn.

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
If your curious the guy spotting me or sitting behind me in the videos is Sam Byrd

530lbs Deadlift: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMIgDcpYzn4
330 Squat for 10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbP783wB63c
425 for 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8jxXZe_KJc&feature=youtu.be
315 Bench: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCa***-oOcQ
270 Log Press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKOq-09Ieh0
300lbs Push Press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jkb6h_K8eM

The Bench video is acting up if really care to see it you can find it on the home page of my account obviously.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good lifts man. Glad to have another baldie here

Sent from my iPhone while using your mom.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Welcome and nice log!

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strong stuff there guy, especially the PP #300...!
Welcome and thanks for your service to the country

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn! Plenty in the tank. Nice work, man!

Moose45

Moose45

Awards
450lbs 30lbs PR. Kinda hard not to PR with Sam Byrd and Steve Goggins spotting you haha.

Stop messing with us!!!! Throw another 100lbs on there and at least make it look hard!!!!! Lol
Great lift!!! Smooth and def had a lot left in the tank!!!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed for heavy weight.

And Atlas stones.

Where do you live/compete?

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
Subbed for heavy weight.

And Atlas stones.

Where do you live/compete?
Haha You will have to wait a bit on the Atlas Stones I am mostly focusing on Powerlifting at this point in my lifting. But I live in TN and do most competions in TN, GA, FL, and have been to KY

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
Thanks everyone weight will be coming eventually taking my time. PRs are coming every week and wanting to stay healthy and so I have a good shot at 525 Squat with wraps in November for the SPF Record Breakers.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
squat looked like butter man

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
^^ I agree.

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
Thanks guys hoping to try some knee wraps this weekend and shoot for a triple with 450. Think itll be pretty good as long as I keep my speed

Moose45

Moose45

Awards
Once you get in the hole(bottom of ROM) envision blasting yourself out of it!!!!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome to the club, man! The grass is a little greener once you've squatted five hundo.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like how you told the bar to go up and it listened to you. I wouldn't dare talk to that much weight. 405 doesn't listen to just anybody.

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
I like how you told the bar to go up and it listened to you. I wouldn't dare talk to that much weight. 405 doesn't listen to just anybody.
Hahaha sometimes you just have to boss gravity around.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably different for sumo pulls but, where do you set up your bands to deload when you are using the RB set up and how much weight are they deloading at floor?

I had mine set up to deload about #125-#135 @ floor (too much?) and then fully load about 17"-18" a bit above the mid shin, but when I went back to floor with full load, had a false sense of security. Chains and bands seemed to work better for me, but I did like the feel of the pull on the RB set up.
I also wonder if it might be better to use say a 2" deficit with these?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'll probably want to overhaul your sumo technique as what you're presently doing is not a sumo deadlift. There should be very little, if any, movement from the erectors and the lift should be envisioned as more of a squat than a conventional deadlift. Based off of your squat video as well, the likely reason for this deviation is weakness in the glutes and core.

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
Probably different for sumo pulls but, where do you set up your bands to deload when you are using the RB set up and how much weight are they deloading at floor?

I had mine set up to deload about #125-#135 @ floor (too much?) and then fully load about 17"-18" a bit above the mid shin, but when I went back to floor with full load, had a false sense of security. Chains and bands seemed to work better for me, but I did like the feel of the pull on the RB set up.
I also wonder if it might be better to use say a 2" deficit with these?
I do the same thing. I set up the bands so that 135lbs is just barely adding pressure to the floor and it completely deloads at my hands luckily I am perfect height for these bands so it works just perfect for me.

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
You'll probably want to overhaul your sumo technique as what you're presently doing is not a sumo deadlift. There should be very little, if any, movement from the erectors and the lift should be envisioned as more of a squat than a conventional deadlift. Based off of your squat video as well, the likely reason for this deviation is weakness in the glutes and core.
I agree with what your saying about the weakness in the glutes how ever I am pulling completely Sumo. Its more of in between the two and where I feel the strongest however I do know and do not debate that you are def correct about the muscle weakness.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with what your saying about the weakness in the glutes how ever I am pulling completely Sumo. Its more of in between the two and where I feel the strongest however I do know and do not debate that you are def correct about the muscle weakness.
Although your stance is sumo, the pull itself is not sumo. The sumo deadlift is much more akin to a squat as you push on the outside of the feet with the lumbar acting as only a stabilizer and not a primary mover.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bradford2393 Workout Logs 3
KVN General Chat 2
LDubs General Chat 8
General Chat 5
0ptimumfit General Chat 0