Introducing Myself - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Introducing Myself

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,562
    Rep Power
    544910

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I like how you told the bar to go up and it listened to you. I wouldn't dare talk to that much weight. 405 doesn't listen to just anybody.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html

  2. New Member
    Little_Dude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    358

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    I like how you told the bar to go up and it listened to you. I wouldn't dare talk to that much weight. 405 doesn't listen to just anybody.
    Hahaha sometimes you just have to boss gravity around.
    Have a good day!!!
  3. New Member
    Little_Dude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    358

    Reputation

    My wife Kristi Pulling 315 Reverse Band Deadlift for a single- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsk95...ature=youtu.be

    635 Reverse Band Pull for a single- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdw8E...ature=youtu.be
    Have a good day!!!
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    puccah8808's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,963
    Rep Power
    598067

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dude View Post
    My wife Kristi Pulling 315 Reverse Band Deadlift for a single- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsk95...ature=youtu.be

    635 Reverse Band Pull for a single- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdw8E...ature=youtu.be
    Crazy impressive!!!!!
    DO IT FOR THE "HOLY, SH*T, YOU GOT HOT"...
  5. New Member
    Little_Dude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    358

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Crazy impressive!!!!!
    Yeah she is a beast :-)
    Have a good day!!!
  6. Senior Member
    PaulBlack's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,816
    Rep Power
    115626

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Probably different for sumo pulls but, where do you set up your bands to deload when you are using the RB set up and how much weight are they deloading at floor?

    I had mine set up to deload about #125-#135 @ floor (too much?) and then fully load about 17"-18" a bit above the mid shin, but when I went back to floor with full load, had a false sense of security. Chains and bands seemed to work better for me, but I did like the feel of the pull on the RB set up.
    I also wonder if it might be better to use say a 2" deficit with these?
  7. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,974
    Rep Power
    917955

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    You'll probably want to overhaul your sumo technique as what you're presently doing is not a sumo deadlift. There should be very little, if any, movement from the erectors and the lift should be envisioned as more of a squat than a conventional deadlift. Based off of your squat video as well, the likely reason for this deviation is weakness in the glutes and core.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. New Member
    Little_Dude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    358

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    Probably different for sumo pulls but, where do you set up your bands to deload when you are using the RB set up and how much weight are they deloading at floor?

    I had mine set up to deload about #125-#135 @ floor (too much?) and then fully load about 17"-18" a bit above the mid shin, but when I went back to floor with full load, had a false sense of security. Chains and bands seemed to work better for me, but I did like the feel of the pull on the RB set up.
    I also wonder if it might be better to use say a 2" deficit with these?
    I do the same thing. I set up the bands so that 135lbs is just barely adding pressure to the floor and it completely deloads at my hands luckily I am perfect height for these bands so it works just perfect for me.
    Have a good day!!!
  9. New Member
    Little_Dude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    358

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You'll probably want to overhaul your sumo technique as what you're presently doing is not a sumo deadlift. There should be very little, if any, movement from the erectors and the lift should be envisioned as more of a squat than a conventional deadlift. Based off of your squat video as well, the likely reason for this deviation is weakness in the glutes and core.
    I agree with what your saying about the weakness in the glutes how ever I am pulling completely Sumo. Its more of in between the two and where I feel the strongest however I do know and do not debate that you are def correct about the muscle weakness.
    Have a good day!!!
  10. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,974
    Rep Power
    917955

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dude View Post

    I agree with what your saying about the weakness in the glutes how ever I am pulling completely Sumo. Its more of in between the two and where I feel the strongest however I do know and do not debate that you are def correct about the muscle weakness.
    Although your stance is sumo, the pull itself is not sumo. The sumo deadlift is much more akin to a squat as you push on the outside of the feet with the lumbar acting as only a stabilizer and not a primary mover.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. New Member
    Little_Dude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    358

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Although your stance is sumo, the pull itself is not sumo. The sumo deadlift is much more akin to a squat as you push on the outside of the feet with the lumbar acting as only a stabilizer and not a primary mover.
    I mean to say how ever I am not pulling completely sumo my apologies for not proof reading before posting haha. But thank you honestly for the critique.
    Have a good day!!!
  12. New Member
    Little_Dude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    358

    Reputation

    420 for 4 Foam Box Squat. Belt Only made me happy as box Squats are usually a good bit harder than a free squat for me.
    http://youtu.be/79BwW-eP0W8

    510 for 5 Reverse Band Squat done last weekend.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifXtGlykp1c
    Have a good day!!!
  13. New Member
    Little_Dude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    358

    Reputation

    Sunday-

    600 Reverse Band Squat:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSoTE...ature=youtu.be

    550 Belt Only Deadlift:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UohqaYsIykw

    Kristi 290 Reverse Band with a FREAKIN Pause... Notice the last 6in of the movement the bands are not even contacting the bar:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6eeE...ature=youtu.be

    Today-
    315LBS Push Press finally after well over a year THANK YOU who ever prayed for that
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAqE_...ature=youtu.be[/quote]
    Have a good day!!!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Want to introduce myself....just joined!
    By AGELESS in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 04:38 PM
  2. Wanted to introduce myself
    By J1Q in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 02:53 PM
  3. Just wanted to introduce myself...........
    By BigBody in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 11:20 PM
  4. Want to introduce myself and ask for some help/critiquing
    By gsteclipse97 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 01:27 PM
  5. introducing myself....new to ph's
    By getsum27 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in