Powerlifting Gear advice

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post

    I've been on powerliftingwatch.com but I guess I overlooked the classified section that they have on there. I'm open to any brand really but I've just been leaning towards metal since I haven't seen a bad review on their gear yet. Thanks for you input man, it helps out.
    If you want to buy my single ply Inzer Max DL suit size 34 (195-210lbs) it's yours. I'm keeping the rest of my gear though. Research things a bit more and let me know anytime. I'm not trying to push it on you, just offering.

    Suit slippers are 20 bucks from Inzer. I dumped baby powder on my thighs to help things slip up and to help with the chafe.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    If you want to buy my single ply Inzer Max DL suit size 34 (195-210lbs) it's yours. I'm keeping the rest of my gear though. Research things a bit more and let me know anytime. I'm not trying to push it on you, just offering.

    Suit slippers are 20 bucks from Inzer. I dumped baby powder on my thighs to help things slip up and to help with the chafe.
    Baby powder under the slippers works well?
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

    Baby powder under the slippers works well?
    baby powder on thighs, put the slippers on, then some of the powder will go through the slippers to get the suit on even easier, then pulling the slippers out will be a tad easier. I just started using gold bond so I didnt smell like a 2 year old

    wore mechanic gloves to save my fingers as well

    then dangle cliffhanger style off the monolift
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  4. Sry about the jerk butting in but, Rodja is def giving you some sound advice and tips and Im glad your thread got his attention. Those lifts are def attainable raw and wish ya the best as you press forward lol. If ya ever post your routines and regimes link it and I will sub, as I live for seeing others advance.
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/277069-new-year-new.html#post5232295

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    baby powder on thighs, put the slippers on, then some of the powder will go through the slippers to get the suit on even easier, then pulling the slippers out will be a tad easier. I just started using gold bond so I didnt smell like a 2 year old

    wore mechanic gloves to save my fingers as well

    then dangle cliffhanger style off the monolift
    I've tried shirt slippers a few times, and they don't come out. Gloves are a must, and the people that help me never use them. I only have the briefs, so I get two guys to hold me up so I can bicycle.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    baby powder on thighs, put the slippers on, then some of the powder will go through the slippers to get the suit on even easier, then pulling the slippers out will be a tad easier. I just started using gold bond so I didnt smell like a 2 year old

    wore mechanic gloves to save my fingers as well

    then dangle cliffhanger style off the monolift
    Might have to stock up on baby powder for sure.

  7. So can a squat suit be used for dead lifts or would I need a separate suit ? And what about briefs? Is there one that I could just use for both? Or are they setup differently? I squat a little wide but nothing crazy wide and conventional dead lift if that helps.

  8. I hated my squat suit for deads. Didn't feel right. Always overpowered my back. Never got a dead specific suit, but be more careful back wise if you get allot of extra leg power with it. Back injuries suck.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by hvylifter View Post
    I hated my squat suit for deads. Didn't feel right. Always overpowered my back. Never got a dead specific suit, but be more careful back wise if you get allot of extra leg power with it. Back injuries suck.
    860 squat? Sounds like you should start a thread and give away your secrets
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You're an idiot.
    Wow great argument... you should be a lawyer... or learn to laugh a little. :-/

    Anyways the OP sure as hell shouldn't be using gear especially with those numbers... not until he milks every last drop out of his raw lifts.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    This is a consistent theme with this guys posting.
    Sorry this forum is boring as hell without an ******* who challenges everything. Especially the exercise science nerds.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by PROness View Post

    Wow great argument... you should be a lawyer... or learn to laugh a little. :-/

    Anyways the OP sure as hell shouldn't be using gear especially with those numbers... not until he milks every last drop out of his raw lifts.
    Man I thought you actually got the hint and left the thread. But I guess not. Every time I read your post I just think about the dbags that think they have great form and are awesome at lifting like johnnyroundbackdeadlift or idonttouchmychestbenchcuztheys ayitsbad.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by PROness View Post

    Sorry this forum is boring as hell without an ******* who challenges everything. Especially the exercise science nerds.
    Except for how rodja is very likely more experienced when it comes to weight training, more experienced (and accomplished) as a geared (and likely raw) PLer.

    Which is completely disregarding the years he went to school studying it.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    860 squat? Sounds like you should start a thread and give away your secrets
    Well, been lifting since I was 11, 35 now. Had allot of good advice starting out. My 860 squat is at my youtube, Fryfamily1978. That was back in 99 when I weighed around 300 and before I got shot in the stomach and decided to diet down. A experienced lifter can add hundreds to a lift with the proper suit. My warning about to much leg drive is for any numbers. If it's heavy to him, that's the same as heavy to me. Overpowering your back in a dead with your legs is asking for injury. I know. I fought a good 5-6 years with a bulged disc that would send me to the floor whenever I would go above 400. I'm better now but the 590 triple I was doing (easy at the time) destroyed me for years. That was ten years ago. Suit lifting is way different than raw. Be very cautious as you go up in weight, the suits can make you pull in directions your unready for when your new.

  15. So from your guys experience, is there any gear out there that allows you to keep your same groove or close to it? Or is it just completely different?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post
    So from your guys experience, is there any gear out there that allows you to keep your same groove or close to it? Or is it just completely different?
    Definitely not with multi ply.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  17. It's a different experience dude. I kept my normal squat stance with the single ply. Switched to sumo for deads to get a bit more out of it, actually I prefer sumo now for raw as well. Benching is completely different.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    It's a different experience dude. I kept my normal squat stance with the single ply. Switched to sumo for deads to get a bit more out of it, actually I prefer sumo now for raw as well. Benching is completely different.
    OK cool thanks guys. Just trying to learn more about geared lifting and see if I want to make that jump

  19. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post

    OK cool thanks guys. Just trying to learn more about geared lifting and see if I want to make that jump
    Definitely keep building your base. Gearing up without the requisite core strength is a recipe for disaster. Especially the upper back. That comes into play in all three lifts.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  20. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Except for how rodja is very likely more experienced when it comes to weight training, more experienced (and accomplished) as a geared (and likely raw) PLer.

    Which is completely disregarding the years he went to school studying it.
    You willing to put money on that?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by PROness View Post

    You willing to put money on that?
    I'm never willing to put money on anything, which is why I said likely.

    But, considering that I've seen your posting around here, and know that Rodja was weight training for years as a MMA fighter and now as a PLer, and is damn close to his elite total. I'm pretty sure that my statement is accurate.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I'm never willing to put money on anything, which is why I said likely.

    But, considering that I've seen your posting around here, and know that Rodja was weight training for years as a MMA fighter and now as a PLer, and is damn close to his elite total. I'm pretty sure that my statement is accurate.
    If its accurate then put some money down. -.-
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Powerlifting Gear
    By Alabama in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2012, 09:40 PM
  2. Time to Buy Powerlifting Gear
    By turbolag86 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
  3. future gear plans (advice plz!)
    By feelingfizzy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 05:02 PM
  4. advice from experienced powerlifter needed
    By dlduree in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 05:24 PM
  5. legal gears 4ad(man I just wanted advice)
    By MoonCricket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Log in
Log in