Help.

YungWuTang

YungWuTang

Awards
Hello, I am 15 years old have been weight training for roughly 9 months now i started powerlifting 6 months back with a 6 day out of 7 workout plan i hit bench twice a week squat once and deadlift once, i work at a gym monday, wednesday, friday, i have been plateaued recently on most of my lifts and i was wondering if i need to cut down? if so i want to get 4 times a week or 3, i also want tips on how to gain size while keeping my cuts, i want to gain weight im 163 right now, but i need to cut down on lifting time because doctors are saying i could potentially stop growing completely; i.e. Muscle, Height. please help me with a plan? make a plan for me? please and thank you.. You can add me on skype at litchbover and we could talk more about it? please and thank you.. ask for any more info and i will reply with it.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
stop growing wtf? you already hit puberty your doctors are dum

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Meh, squating could stunt your growth. Some gyms don't allow people under 16 years olds to use weights.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
get 20 bucks and get on amazon.com and download the book 5/3/1 for powerlifting. it will answer all your questions. and if you have any more, read it again as it will answer those too.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey, that's a good one, especially the end ^^^

YungWuTang

YungWuTang

Awards
I will be starting the 5/3/1 program next week, any advice?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will be starting the 5/3/1 program next week, any advice?
Buy the book. Talk your parents into letting you use the credit card. Its 20 bucks. Tell them it's for you to workout smartly and be healthy or whatever bull**** you have to say. If that fails, PM me. The links to buy it are ones I posted in the other thread you created.

Follow it exactly how it's written. Eat as much food as possible.

YungWuTang

YungWuTang

Awards
Do you have skype? I could explain my situation better over that.

YungWuTang

YungWuTang

Awards
Well do i have to buy the book? Cant i just follow the plan? Is their any specific way to do it? just do 3 lifts a day?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll outline some stuff for you tomorrow I already have written out if no one else chimes in. Busy now

YungWuTang

YungWuTang

Awards
Also what is a press? i.e.
  • Press – 5/3/1
  • Press – 5 sets of 10 reps

YungWuTang

YungWuTang

Awards
Is that a good compound movement? I want to follow Jims "Boring But Big" Article for some size and strength, would that be a good program to follow? For Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. But do forearms and core everyday?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Um those are the main upper body movements the program requires..

Establish an accurate 1RM. Or use rep calculation - Weight lifted x reps x 0.0333 + Weight lifted= estimated 1RM. Calculate all your percentages off that. 3rd set is always as many reps as possible

Monday
Overhead Press
Shoulder accessory
Vertical back accessory
Bi or Tri accessory

Wednesday
Deadlift
Hamstring acce
Quad acce

Friday
Bench Press
Chest acce
Horizontal back acce
Bicep or tri

Sunday
Squat
Quad acce
Ham acce

Train core any day you want

training forearms is dumb

just buy the book

YungWuTang

YungWuTang

Awards
The accessory means that you train that body part but different lifts correct? so shoulder accessory would be like side lateral raises?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just do more overhead pressing. 5 sets 10-20 reps for every assistance movement

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
If you type in blackironbeastcalulator.com you can get a free 5/3/1 template. You just type in your maxes and select which type of plan you would like.