Herderdude Takes On The Strongest Man in Pittsburgh

Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last

  1. Yeah, it's weird. My last back hiccup didn't bother my squats at all, but killed my deadlifts. This one messed with both, but not my bench. I've only been able to deadlift to my full potential for about two months this year. That's rough. Definitely going to buy Kelly Starrett's book and work more in the submaximal ranges in the future. I don't look like I lift as much as I used to, and I'll admit that it bothers me a bit. I'm not going to start training like a puss, but I'm going to do more repping.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html


  2. Hey man, get strong to lift more than before. 1 step back then 2 forward and not the other way around.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
    •   
       


  3. You're absolutely right, Rob. That's the key. I checked the sizing chart on Inzer shirts just now. I'm not one but two sizes small. Also caught the spectacular deal for a Metal Viking Pro Squatter. Definitely excited to see what suit + briefs are all about when I can handle it.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  4. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    You're absolutely right, Rob. That's the key. I checked the sizing chart on Inzer shirts just now. I'm not one but two sizes small. Also caught the spectacular deal for a Metal Viking Pro Squatter. Definitely excited to see what suit + briefs are all about when I can handle it.
    I may try a pro squatter on tomorrow.

    What size is your shirt? I'd be willin to buy..if you planned on getting a diff one that is
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  5. It's a 44. Inzer recommends (for Rage): add 2 to your chest measurement and round up to the next even number. That would put me at 45"+2=47 -> size 48. I like my Pro briefs, and $145 including shipping for a new multi-ply suit is something I couldn't pass up. PM me about it if the size matches up, buddy.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
    •   
       


  6. wtf how the hell am I bigger than you. I wanna say mine is a 54. I'll measure myself again tomorrow
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  7. The sizing for the Blast shirt is different. I dunno where that would put you at. Take your measurement and see where you're at.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  8. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    The sizing for the Blast shirt is different. I dunno where that would put you at. Take your measurement and see where you're at.
    Yeah I just noticed. Shoulder vs Chest measurement. You're bigger haha
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  9. Either way, it's not going to be so small that you can't work with it and take it to some boards to break it in. It's already pretty close to being there. My brother is a small 195 and he's getting touches with 275, and I had the thing jacked all the way down and got it to a 1 board.

    Bro, I'm f-in HOOGE.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  10. Weighed in at 218 flat and have reinflated the footballs in my sleeves. Opening raw at 370 tomorrow and then we're gonna see if my shirt will cooperate!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  11. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Weighed in at 218 flat and have reinflated the footballs in my sleeves. Opening raw at 370 tomorrow and then we're gonna see if my shirt will cooperate!
    Good luck brother! Lift big. Get some video for us.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  12. Big benching man! Good luck and have a blast
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  13. Thanks boys. I'll have a film crew for tomorrow. I'll throw up Lamonster's lifts, too. See if we can't coach him up. 370 should be ambitious.

    I already had a guy who was in my flight at the Monster meet agree to help me into my shirt. I expect to see some improvement from working with guys who know shirts.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  14. Kick some ass today, holmes. PRs, damn it!!
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  15. What a rinkydink operation. The venue is a bustling expo, the biggest one in Pgh, and we're tucked in a silent back room with one warm up rack per lift.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  16. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    What a rinkydink operation. The venue is a bustling expo, the biggest one in Pgh, and we're tucked in a silent back room with one warm up rack per lift.
    Lift angry, throw weights, pillage the expo like a Viking.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post

    Lift angry, throw weights, pillage the expo like a Viking.
    Just don't burn the place down and rape nobody Herder...at least get your 3rd attempt in before you go FULL Viking
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  18. The reasoning behind the issues is that the competition doubled in size today. The meet director is sharting his pants. Should see some good lifting today.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  19. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    The reasoning behind the issues is that the competition doubled in size today. The meet director is sharting his pants. Should see some good lifting today.
    While that complicates logistics, like you said it should fuel some competition.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  20. So, I bombed. Ant is having a good meet. 370 crushed me, it's because I haven't been lifting the past few weeks and haven't been going from the chest "raw raw".

    Then the Rage wasn't getting seated, so a fellow competitor offered his Super Katana. 425 flew off my chest, but I lost the groove halfway up.

    Third attempt, the cuffs were so tight that I lost feeling in my left arm, and I couldn't even support it out of the rack. 425 would've been smoked if I knew how to bench in a Super Katana. NomZ, I don't know how you do it.

    (The guy whose shirt I borrowed was a 181, and his shirt was bigger than mine. Fml.)
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  21. Best squat so far was 605 raw by a SHW, biggest bench was 510 single ply by a 259, and we're currently on deadlifts. Lamonster missed his first squat at 405 (depth) and then came back and hit 435 and 460, then benched 295 and missed twice with 320. He's opening with 455 on the pull.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  22. Sorry about the bad luck so far, now you know what to change for next time. What class are you in and what are you pulling? How about your buddy? Goodluck on the rest.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  23. Bummer dude, you'll get it figured out...

  24. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Sorry about the bad luck so far, now you know what to change for next time. What class are you in and what are you pulling? How about your buddy? Goodluck on the rest.
    I'm a 220 and I'm not pulling. I hurt my back really bad a couple weeks ago. I just hit 315 in the warmup room. It went slow and hurt a bit. Couldn't do it last week, so it's a positive sign.

    What I need to change is not borrow a shirt and lift in the weeks before my meet. So not ready.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  25. Ant smoked 455 and 500. I called 545 to make it 1300 and he stalled at the knees. He had a great day.

    460/295/500 for a 1255 total. The 460 was to the floor, he just missed 320, and 500 was smoked.

    Eyes on the RPS RawDawg Nationals August 17th in Myerstown, PA. It's a four hour drive, but it'll be my last chance at a full power meet as a Junior. 13 weeks out, and we'll be ready. Keep an eye out for my new log, I'll let you guys know when I get it up.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  26. Great meet. Biggest squat was 605. Biggest bench raw was 500, shirted was 510. Deadlift we had a 198 carved out of granite smoke 600 and 650 and then hitch with 700.

    66 year old guy squatted 475 and deadlifted 535. He kicked the plates on his opener and covered his face in chalk for his 550 third attempt deadlift. He looked like an old-ass Zulu warrior, but he was so awesome.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  27. Sounds like a fun day at least man. You'll bench again soon enough.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Sounds like a fun day at least man. You'll bench again soon enough.
    Don't you worry, man. No more goofing around with the shirt, no more slingshot work, time to get back to raw power.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  29. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Ant smoked 455 and 500. I called 545 to make it 1300 and he stalled at the knees. He had a great day.

    460/295/500 for a 1255 total. The 460 was to the floor, he just missed 320, and 500 was smoked.

    Eyes on the RPS RawDawg Nationals August 17th in Myerstown, PA. It's a four hour drive, but it'll be my last chance at a full power meet as a Junior. 13 weeks out, and we'll be ready. Keep an eye out for my new log, I'll let you guys know when I get it up.
    Sounds like a good day for him, and Goodluck healing up your back. I made it from not being able to deadlift for 8 months at all back to pulling 500+. Don't rush yourself and heal, but when your ready you've got to kill it in training.

    Post up when you start a new log, ill try to follow, and I need to check out how close that meet is to me.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  30. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post

    Sounds like a good day for him, and Goodluck healing up your back. I made it from not being able to deadlift for 8 months at all back to pulling 500+. Don't rush yourself and heal, but when your ready you've got to kill it in training.

    Post up when you start a new log, ill try to follow, and I need to check out how close that meet is to me.
    I definitely will, dude. I have three weeks of therapy type stuff and then it's cube method time. It's listed as being in Coplay PA. Where are you located?
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Yet another take on the Protein Shake
    By ChuckBooty in forum Recipes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 12:46 PM
  2. CLEAR SHOT...on the rocks...NOW IN STOCK!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 04:24 PM
  3. The Angriest man in the World
    By Bionic in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 05:44 PM
  4. On the edges: Nutrition in the grocery store
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 12:11 AM
  5. Another take on the recent busts
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 04:35 PM
Log in
Log in