5/3/1 or cube?

Deathyetforce

Deathyetforce

Awards
Im fresh off a 5x5 template and want to start one of these programs. Opinions and anything else you may want to add would be greatly appreciated.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long have you been training? Do you feel confident you can plan your own assistance work? I would lean toward 5/3/1 before the Cube since they have assistance templates. I thought I could plan my own assistance, but it's not as easy as I thought. Both are fantastic programs, for certain.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your definetely on the right track.

I would start off with 5/3/1 and do a few waves of that. Then move onto cube or juggernaut program.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Both are great and I am currently on the Cube. I'd suggest 5/3/1 if you haven't before. I feel everyone should try it if strength is their game.

Deathyetforce

Deathyetforce

Awards
Thanks alot guys. Ive been lifting for quite a while but ive never taken my game to the next level w a more advanced program. Id say been lifting around six yrs on and off. But a full year of consecutive lifting. Assistance work doesn't scare me i know what to do in that realm

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd say its dependent on your goals and what you like more out of each program then. 5/3/1 has garunteed progression yet can be redundant. The Cube, it took me a while to hit a PR on it but its not too taxing on the CNS and the templates can be modified as much as you want/need it to be. I'm always fresh and never bored. I appreciate the ME/DE/RE/Body day rotation. 5/3/1 is almost fail proof though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/3/1 works. Did 3 months straight not very long ago and the strength is virtually assured if you put into it what any good routine takes to succeed. But it can be extremely boring, and the progression is tediously slow.

5/3/1 was really user-friendly, and guaranteed progress is better than none if you aren't making any. But if you're still getting stronger without it I might hold off. But do try it at some point!

Deathyetforce

Deathyetforce

Awards
I wound up picking 5/3/1 and doing boring but big with it. Very excited to see the results from this program!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best of luck to you

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2