powerlifting belt

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. powerlifting belt


    What do you guys use and how do you like it ? Looking for a belt and would like some advice


  2. i use 2 belts. just for everyday lifting a nice leather belt so i dont get a hernia, since they are hereditary in my family (my dad and all 4 of his brothers have or had them). for my heavy squat, bench, and deadlift i like the 10 mm lever belt, but its like $80. you can tell the difference in a heavy squat from the leather to the 10 mm lever belt. the lever belt is a lot stiffer and gives excellent lower back support with heavy loads.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by jwood10 View Post
    i use 2 belts. just for everyday lifting a nice leather belt so i dont get a hernia, since they are hereditary in my family (my dad and all 4 of his brothers have or had them). for my heavy squat, bench, and deadlift i like the 10 mm lever belt, but its like $80. you can tell the difference in a heavy squat from the leather to the 10 mm lever belt. the lever belt is a lot stiffer and gives excellent lower back support with heavy loads.
    What brand belts do you have?
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by jwood10 View Post
    i use 2 belts. just for everyday lifting a nice leather belt so i dont get a hernia, since they are hereditary in my family (my dad and all 4 of his brothers have or had them). for my heavy squat, bench, and deadlift i like the 10 mm lever belt, but its like $80. you can tell the difference in a heavy squat from the leather to the 10 mm lever belt. the lever belt is a lot stiffer and gives excellent lower back support with heavy loads.
    What brand belts do you have?

  5. Bobs belts. Google search it. They are incredible, and you will pay for that fact. Not cheap.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Bobs belts. Google search it. They are incredible, and you will pay for that fact. Not cheap.
    I've seen those and yeah they are pricey. What about the Texas belts? Are they any good ?

  7. I've actually only used two belts ever. One was purchased at big 5. The other was bobs. Bobs trumps it by far. What price range are you looking at? Also are you planning to compete in this belt? Or is it just a safety thing?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    I've actually only used two belts ever. One was purchased at big 5. The other was bobs. Bobs trumps it by far. What price range are you looking at? Also are you planning to compete in this belt? Or is it just a safety thing?
    Mainly a safety thing but would like something that is built well. Well 100 at max I would say.

  9. I have a single prong 13mm elite fts. Ive worn belts before but they pinched my fat and bruised. The one I have now is great. Comfortable and didnt take too long to break in. Squat and deads.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  10. I found the Titan toro bravo belt for like 70 and the titan longhorn for 80. I didn't know if they were good quality belts or not.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I have a single prong 13mm elite fts. Ive worn belts before but they pinched my fat and bruised. The one I have now is great. Comfortable and didnt take too long to break in. Squat and deads.
    How much did you pay

  12. i just picked up a elitefts 6.5 mm single prong. i plan on wearing it 275 and up on the squat and 325 and up dl'ing. i had a 13 mm, but had trouble getting down to the bar for dl'ing so i never used it. i think the thinner belt will let me get down to the bar, feels like it anyway. we'll see...

    <a href="http://www.elitefts.com/view/?sp=5853">Premium elitefts™ P2 6.5mm Single Prong Power Lifting Belt

  13. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post

    How much did you pay
    50, I was on a budget
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    i just picked up a elitefts 6.5 mm single prong. i plan on wearing it 275 and up on the squat and 325 and up dl'ing. i had a 13 mm, but had trouble getting down to the bar for dl'ing so i never used it. i think the thinner belt will let me get down to the bar, feels like it anyway. we'll see...
    Seems like there would be a huge difference in support between those 2 belts

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    50, I was on a budget
    Is your efs belt the 13 mm p2 belt or the economy belt?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post
    Seems like there would be a huge difference in support between those 2 belts
    the maiden voyage is tomorrow, feels pretty good when trying it on...

  17. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

    the maiden voyage is tomorrow, feels pretty good when trying it on...
    That's cool you have to let me know how it goes.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post

    Is your efs belt the 13 mm p2 belt or the economy belt?
    economy
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  19. [QUOTE="napalm;3809148"]i just picked up a elitefts 6.5 mm single prong. i plan on wearing it 275 and up on the squat and 325 and up dl'ing. i had a 13 mm, but had trouble getting down to the bar for dl'ing so i never used it. i think the thinner belt will let me get down to the bar, feels like it anyway. we'll see...

    I take it that you no longer have your 13mm belt?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    economy
    Were you able to break it in ? Ive been seeing that a lot of people don't like the 13mm economy because it has plastic in it.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post

    Were you able to break it in ? Ive been seeing that a lot of people don't like the 13mm economy because it has plastic in it.
    it's my first belt and does the job. I ordered around Christmas so I felt guilty spendin more than 50 for me and not my son. I'll buy a good one down the line but this does the trick just fine. first dead sucked, I wear it slightly to the right for deads
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    it's my first belt and does the job. I ordered around Christmas so I felt guilty spendin more than 50 for me and not my son. I'll buy a good one down the line but this does the trick just fine. first dead sucked, I wear it slightly to the right for deads
    You mean the buckle?

  23. yup, because the tongue was stiff then
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post
    I take it that you no longer have your 13mm belt?
    nah, i still got it...

  25. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post
    What do you guys use and how do you like it ? Looking for a belt and would like some advice


    I have 2 belts~~ 13 mm level belt to squat and dead with and a tappered one for level for bench!! Both are from Inzer Advance Designs! The sq/dead one was $97 and the bench one was $50


    NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved
    NLA PERFORMANCE
    www.nlaperformance.com

    Choice of Champions!!!

  26. my 13 mm is the economy, i didn't like it...at all...

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    yup, because the tongue was stiff then
    OK cool

  28. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    my 13 mm is the economy, i didn't like it...at all...
    OK I would have been interested if it wasn't the economy belt

  29. Quote Originally Posted by power205 View Post

    I have 2 belts~~ 13 mm level belt to squat and dead with and a tappered one for level for bench!! Both are from Inzer Advance Designs! The sq/dead one was $97 and the bench one was $50

    NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved
    How you like them

  30. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post
    How you like them


    Love them~~ Had for yrs now.. they will last forever!!




    NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved
    NLA PERFORMANCE
    www.nlaperformance.com

    Choice of Champions!!!

  31. Quote Originally Posted by power205 View Post

    Love them~~ Had for yrs now.. they will last forever!!

    NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved
    Nice does the bench belt give a good amount of support I've never used a belt for bench

  32. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post
    Nice does the bench belt give a good amount of support I've never used a belt for bench

    Ya just the front is tappered down so you arch better then the normal size power belts



    NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved
    NLA PERFORMANCE
    www.nlaperformance.com

    Choice of Champions!!!

  33. Quote Originally Posted by power205 View Post

    Ya just the front is tappered down so you arch better then the normal size power belts

    NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved
    That's what I figured . Did it take much to break-in the belts ?

  34. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

    the maiden voyage is tomorrow, feels pretty good when trying it on...
    How was the first go around with the new belt ??

  35. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21

    How was the first go around with the new belt ??
    Went great, not as stiff as the 13 mm which I like. Worked up to 90% and smoked it. Big difference having something to push your abs against.

    It gets the napalm

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

  36. This may sound weird, but try to find a used belt that's already well broken in. There will still be plenty of life left in the belt as they literally last for decades. One of the guys I train with uses a belt that has been passed down by 3-4 people since the late 80's and it still provides plenty of support.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  37. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

    Went great, not as stiff as the 13 mm which I like. Worked up to 90% and smoked it. Big difference having something to push your abs against.

    It gets the napalm

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Nice I'm really thinking about buying a Titan Longhorn 10mm single prong. I can get one for just under 90 shipped. I wish the elitefts 13mm was a little lower in price.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    This may sound weird, but try to find a used belt that's already well broken in. There will still be plenty of life left in the belt as they literally last for decades. One of the guys I train with uses a belt that has been passed down by 3-4 people since the late 80's and it still provides plenty of support.
    Sounds good to me but I don't know anyone that has a used one sucks working out by myself

  39. I finally got my Titan Longhorn 10mm lever just before christmas. Never got an email w/ tracking info saying it shipped; I just ordered it and it popped up on my doorstep 7 wks later. The color I specified in the size I specified. This belt will fit me if I drop 40lbs or gain 60 in all honesty. Lifetime warranty, it was comfy the third time I lifted in it, and it's been the greatest thing since sliced bread. Best lifting-related investment ever, 110 shipped. Blows away anything I've ever worn from other people; inzer, apt, etc. The quality is top notch in the belt and lever - this baby is SO worth the price of admission and will last me forever.

    I should note I only use it for squat and dl 80% and up; can't comment on bench comfort. Probably lousy compared to a tapered belt.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I finally got my Titan Longhorn 10mm lever just before christmas. Never got an email w/ tracking info saying it shipped; I just ordered it and it popped up on my doorstep 7 wks later. The color I specified in the size I specified. This belt will fit me if I drop 40lbs or gain 60 in all honesty. Lifetime warranty, it was comfy the third time I lifted in it, and it's been the greatest thing since sliced bread. Best lifting-related investment ever, 110 shipped. Blows away anything I've ever worn from other people; inzer, apt, etc. The quality is top notch in the belt and lever - this baby is SO worth the price of admission and will last me forever.

    I should note I only use it for squat and dl 80% and up; can't comment on bench comfort. Probably lousy compared to a tapered belt.
    Thanks for the feedback man! I really want to pick up a single prong 10mm longhorn. Seems to be a really good belt for the price for sure
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. I need a good quality inexpensive powerlifting belt?
    By Truck 44 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 11:31 PM
  2. Powerlifting vs. Bodybuilding belt
    By cpa5oh in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 09:37 AM
  3. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM
  4. Powerlifting Motivation
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 08:07 PM
  5. We need a powerlifting/bodybuilding section
    By Big H in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 05:28 PM
Log in
Log in