powerlifting belt

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. powerlifting belt


    What do you guys use and how do you like it ? Looking for a belt and would like some advice


  2. i use 2 belts. just for everyday lifting a nice leather belt so i dont get a hernia, since they are hereditary in my family (my dad and all 4 of his brothers have or had them). for my heavy squat, bench, and deadlift i like the 10 mm lever belt, but its like $80. you can tell the difference in a heavy squat from the leather to the 10 mm lever belt. the lever belt is a lot stiffer and gives e****lent lower back support with heavy loads.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by jwood10 View Post
    i use 2 belts. just for everyday lifting a nice leather belt so i dont get a hernia, since they are hereditary in my family (my dad and all 4 of his brothers have or had them). for my heavy squat, bench, and deadlift i like the 10 mm lever belt, but its like $80. you can tell the difference in a heavy squat from the leather to the 10 mm lever belt. the lever belt is a lot stiffer and gives e****lent lower back support with heavy loads.
    What brand belts do you have?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by jwood10 View Post
    i use 2 belts. just for everyday lifting a nice leather belt so i dont get a hernia, since they are hereditary in my family (my dad and all 4 of his brothers have or had them). for my heavy squat, bench, and deadlift i like the 10 mm lever belt, but its like $80. you can tell the difference in a heavy squat from the leather to the 10 mm lever belt. the lever belt is a lot stiffer and gives e****lent lower back support with heavy loads.
    What brand belts do you have?

  5. Bobs belts. Google search it. They are incredible, and you will pay for that fact. Not cheap.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Bobs belts. Google search it. They are incredible, and you will pay for that fact. Not cheap.
    I've seen those and yeah they are pricey. What about the Texas belts? Are they any good ?

  7. I've actually only used two belts ever. One was purchased at big 5. The other was bobs. Bobs trumps it by far. What price range are you looking at? Also are you planning to compete in this belt? Or is it just a safety thing?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    I've actually only used two belts ever. One was purchased at big 5. The other was bobs. Bobs trumps it by far. What price range are you looking at? Also are you planning to compete in this belt? Or is it just a safety thing?
    Mainly a safety thing but would like something that is built well. Well 100 at max I would say.

  9. I have a single prong 13mm elite fts. Ive worn belts before but they pinched my fat and bruised. The one I have now is great. Comfortable and didnt take too long to break in. Squat and deads.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  10. I found the Titan toro bravo belt for like 70 and the titan longhorn for 80. I didn't know if they were good quality belts or not.
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I have a single prong 13mm elite fts. Ive worn belts before but they pinched my fat and bruised. The one I have now is great. Comfortable and didnt take too long to break in. Squat and deads.
    How much did you pay

  12. i just picked up a elitefts 6.5 mm single prong. i plan on wearing it 275 and up on the squat and 325 and up dl'ing. i had a 13 mm, but had trouble getting down to the bar for dl'ing so i never used it. i think the thinner belt will let me get down to the bar, feels like it anyway. we'll see...

    <a href="http://www.elitefts.com/view/?sp=5853">Premium elitefts™ P2 6.5mm Single Prong Power Lifting Belt

  13. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post

    How much did you pay
    50, I was on a budget
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    i just picked up a elitefts 6.5 mm single prong. i plan on wearing it 275 and up on the squat and 325 and up dl'ing. i had a 13 mm, but had trouble getting down to the bar for dl'ing so i never used it. i think the thinner belt will let me get down to the bar, feels like it anyway. we'll see...
    Seems like there would be a huge difference in support between those 2 belts

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    50, I was on a budget
    Is your efs belt the 13 mm p2 belt or the economy belt?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post
    Seems like there would be a huge difference in support between those 2 belts
    the maiden voyage is tomorrow, feels pretty good when trying it on...

  17. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

    the maiden voyage is tomorrow, feels pretty good when trying it on...
    That's cool you have to let me know how it goes.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post

    Is your efs belt the 13 mm p2 belt or the economy belt?
    economy
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  19. [QUOTE="napalm;3809148"]i just picked up a elitefts 6.5 mm single prong. i plan on wearing it 275 and up on the squat and 325 and up dl'ing. i had a 13 mm, but had trouble getting down to the bar for dl'ing so i never used it. i think the thinner belt will let me get down to the bar, feels like it anyway. we'll see...

    I take it that you no longer have your 13mm belt?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    economy
    Were you able to break it in ? Ive been seeing that a lot of people don't like the 13mm economy because it has plastic in it.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post

    Were you able to break it in ? Ive been seeing that a lot of people don't like the 13mm economy because it has plastic in it.
    it's my first belt and does the job. I ordered around Christmas so I felt guilty spendin more than 50 for me and not my son. I'll buy a good one down the line but this does the trick just fine. first dead sucked, I wear it slightly to the right for deads
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    it's my first belt and does the job. I ordered around Christmas so I felt guilty spendin more than 50 for me and not my son. I'll buy a good one down the line but this does the trick just fine. first dead sucked, I wear it slightly to the right for deads
    You mean the buckle?

  23. yup, because the tongue was stiff then
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post
    I take it that you no longer have your 13mm belt?
    nah, i still got it...

  25. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post
    What do you guys use and how do you like it ? Looking for a belt and would like some advice


    I have 2 belts~~ 13 mm level belt to squat and dead with and a tappered one for level for bench!! Both are from Inzer Advance Designs! The sq/dead one was $97 and the bench one was $50


    NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved
    NLA PERFORMANCE
    www.nlaperformance.com

    Choice of Champions!!!

  26. my 13 mm is the economy, i didn't like it...at all...

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    yup, because the tongue was stiff then
    OK cool

  28. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    my 13 mm is the economy, i didn't like it...at all...
    OK I would have been interested if it wasn't the economy belt

  29. Quote Originally Posted by power205 View Post

    I have 2 belts~~ 13 mm level belt to squat and dead with and a tappered one for level for bench!! Both are from Inzer Advance Designs! The sq/dead one was $97 and the bench one was $50

    NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved
    How you like them

  30. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post
    How you like them


    Love them~~ Had for yrs now.. they will last forever!!




    NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved
    NLA PERFORMANCE
    www.nlaperformance.com

    Choice of Champions!!!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. I need a good quality inexpensive powerlifting belt?
    By Truck 44 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 12:31 AM
  2. Powerlifting vs. Bodybuilding belt
    By cpa5oh in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 10:37 AM
  3. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 08:30 PM
  4. Powerlifting Motivation
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:07 PM
  5. We need a powerlifting/bodybuilding section
    By Big H in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 06:28 PM
Log in
Log in