powerlifting belt

gymguy21

Awards
What do you guys use and how do you like it ? Looking for a belt and would like some advice

jwood10

Awards
i use 2 belts. just for everyday lifting a nice leather belt so i dont get a hernia, since they are hereditary in my family (my dad and all 4 of his brothers have or had them). for my heavy squat, bench, and deadlift i like the 10 mm lever belt, but its like $80. you can tell the difference in a heavy squat from the leather to the 10 mm lever belt. the lever belt is a lot stiffer and gives excellent lower back support with heavy loads.

gymguy21

Awards
i use 2 belts. just for everyday lifting a nice leather belt so i dont get a hernia, since they are hereditary in my family (my dad and all 4 of his brothers have or had them). for my heavy squat, bench, and deadlift i like the 10 mm lever belt, but its like $80. you can tell the difference in a heavy squat from the leather to the 10 mm lever belt. the lever belt is a lot stiffer and gives excellent lower back support with heavy loads.
What brand belts do you have?

gymguy21

Awards
What brand belts do you have?

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Bobs belts. Google search it. They are incredible, and you will pay for that fact. Not cheap.

gymguy21

Awards
Bobs belts. Google search it. They are incredible, and you will pay for that fact. Not cheap.
I've seen those and yeah they are pricey. What about the Texas belts? Are they any good ?

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I've actually only used two belts ever. One was purchased at big 5. The other was bobs. Bobs trumps it by far. What price range are you looking at? Also are you planning to compete in this belt? Or is it just a safety thing?

gymguy21

Awards
I've actually only used two belts ever. One was purchased at big 5. The other was bobs. Bobs trumps it by far. What price range are you looking at? Also are you planning to compete in this belt? Or is it just a safety thing?
Mainly a safety thing but would like something that is built well. Well 100 at max I would say.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a single prong 13mm elite fts. Ive worn belts before but they pinched my fat and bruised. The one I have now is great. Comfortable and didnt take too long to break in. Squat and deads.

gymguy21

Awards
I found the Titan toro bravo belt for like 70 and the titan longhorn for 80. I didn't know if they were good quality belts or not.

gymguy21

Awards
I have a single prong 13mm elite fts. Ive worn belts before but they pinched my fat and bruised. The one I have now is great. Comfortable and didnt take too long to break in. Squat and deads.
How much did you pay

gymguy21

Awards
i just picked up a elitefts 6.5 mm single prong. i plan on wearing it 275 and up on the squat and 325 and up dl'ing. i had a 13 mm, but had trouble getting down to the bar for dl'ing so i never used it. i think the thinner belt will let me get down to the bar, feels like it anyway. we'll see...
Seems like there would be a huge difference in support between those 2 belts

gymguy21

Awards
i just picked up a elitefts 6.5 mm single prong. i plan on wearing it 275 and up on the squat and 325 and up dl'ing. i had a 13 mm, but had trouble getting down to the bar for dl'ing so i never used it. i think the thinner belt will let me get down to the bar, feels like it anyway. we'll see...

I take it that you no longer have your 13mm belt?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Were you able to break it in ? Ive been seeing that a lot of people don't like the 13mm economy because it has plastic in it.
it's my first belt and does the job. I ordered around Christmas so I felt guilty spendin more than 50 for me and not my son. I'll buy a good one down the line but this does the trick just fine. first dead sucked, I wear it slightly to the right for deads

gymguy21

Awards
it's my first belt and does the job. I ordered around Christmas so I felt guilty spendin more than 50 for me and not my son. I'll buy a good one down the line but this does the trick just fine. first dead sucked, I wear it slightly to the right for deads
You mean the buckle?

power205

power205

NLA Performance Athlete
Awards
What do you guys use and how do you like it ? Looking for a belt and would like some advice

I have 2 belts~~ 13 mm level belt to squat and dead with and a tappered one for level for bench!! Both are from Inzer Advance Designs! The sq/dead one was $97 and the bench one was $50

NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved

napalm

napalm

Awards
my 13 mm is the economy, i didn't like it...at all...

gymguy21

Awards
I have 2 belts~~ 13 mm level belt to squat and dead with and a tappered one for level for bench!! Both are from Inzer Advance Designs! The sq/dead one was $97 and the bench one was $50

How you like them

gymguy21

Awards
Love them~~ Had for yrs now.. they will last forever!!

Nice does the bench belt give a good amount of support I've never used a belt for bench

power205

power205

NLA Performance Athlete
Awards
Nice does the bench belt give a good amount of support I've never used a belt for bench

Ya just the front is tappered down so you arch better then the normal size power belts

gymguy21

Awards
Ya just the front is tappered down so you arch better then the normal size power belts

That's what I figured . Did it take much to break-in the belts ?

napalm

napalm

Awards
How was the first go around with the new belt ??
Went great, not as stiff as the 13 mm which I like. Worked up to 90% and smoked it. Big difference having something to push your abs against.

It gets the napalm :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This may sound weird, but try to find a used belt that's already well broken in. There will still be plenty of life left in the belt as they literally last for decades. One of the guys I train with uses a belt that has been passed down by 3-4 people since the late 80's and it still provides plenty of support.

gymguy21

Awards
Went great, not as stiff as the 13 mm which I like. Worked up to 90% and smoked it. Big difference having something to push your abs against.

It gets the napalm :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
Nice I'm really thinking about buying a Titan Longhorn 10mm single prong. I can get one for just under 90 shipped. I wish the elitefts 13mm was a little lower in price.

gymguy21

Awards
This may sound weird, but try to find a used belt that's already well broken in. There will still be plenty of life left in the belt as they literally last for decades. One of the guys I train with uses a belt that has been passed down by 3-4 people since the late 80's and it still provides plenty of support.
Sounds good to me but I don't know anyone that has a used one :( sucks working out by myself

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I finally got my Titan Longhorn 10mm lever just before christmas. Never got an email w/ tracking info saying it shipped; I just ordered it and it popped up on my doorstep 7 wks later. The color I specified in the size I specified. This belt will fit me if I drop 40lbs or gain 60 in all honesty. Lifetime warranty, it was comfy the third time I lifted in it, and it's been the greatest thing since sliced bread. Best lifting-related investment ever, 110 shipped. Blows away anything I've ever worn from other people; inzer, apt, etc. The quality is top notch in the belt and lever - this baby is SO worth the price of admission and will last me forever.

I should note I only use it for squat and dl 80% and up; can't comment on bench comfort. Probably lousy compared to a tapered belt.

gymguy21

Awards
I finally got my Titan Longhorn 10mm lever just before christmas. Never got an email w/ tracking info saying it shipped; I just ordered it and it popped up on my doorstep 7 wks later. The color I specified in the size I specified. This belt will fit me if I drop 40lbs or gain 60 in all honesty. Lifetime warranty, it was comfy the third time I lifted in it, and it's been the greatest thing since sliced bread. Best lifting-related investment ever, 110 shipped. Blows away anything I've ever worn from other people; inzer, apt, etc. The quality is top notch in the belt and lever - this baby is SO worth the price of admission and will last me forever.

I should note I only use it for squat and dl 80% and up; can't comment on bench comfort. Probably lousy compared to a tapered belt.
Thanks for the feedback man! I really want to pick up a single prong 10mm longhorn. Seems to be a really good belt for the price for sure

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Worth noting that the lever itself is only a yr warranty and sounds like a lot of guys get several yrs at least out of em. The prong is under the belts warranty though - lifetime, at least for suede. Leather is only lifetime provided you oil it routinely. I love my suede though and it's cheaper so can't go wrong there. I don't mind buying a couple new levers down the road but it's significantly pricier than a single prong in the long run.

gymguy21

Awards
Worth noting that the lever itself is only a yr warranty and sounds like a lot of guys get several yrs at least out of em. The prong is under the belts warranty though - lifetime, at least for suede. Leather is only lifetime provided you oil it routinely. I love my suede though and it's cheaper so can't go wrong there. I don't mind buying a couple new levers down the road but it's significantly pricier than a single prong in the long run.
That's good to know for sure. I think I'm going to get the single prong. I just didn't know if the prong came open during heavy loads or if it stayyed closed? I've seen some that say it popped open

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No experience there personally to comment, but I can say that this belt is serious and legit; it's hard to me to imagine anything like happening with something so sturdy even if mine were pronged. I just love how fast a lever is on and off. Flip latch, get tight/take air, lift, unlatch. Almost feels like cheating.

gymguy21

Awards
No experience there personally to comment, but I can say that this belt is serious and legit; it's hard to me to imagine anything like happening with something so sturdy even if mine were pronged. I just love how fast a lever is on and off. Flip latch, get tight/take air, lift, unlatch. Almost feels like cheating.
Nice I might have to check it out. Where did you pick it up?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ordered directly from titan support systems since I wanted maroon and to specify the size. 110 shipped and took 7 weeks. Buddy got one of the ready to order blue 10mm Longhorn Leverbelts I believe from Lifting Large because it was like 80ish shipped I THINK. Def cheaper and a bit quicker as long as you're happy with black, blue or blood red and don't need embroidering or anything special. But his still took like 5-6 weeks to show up.

gymguy21

Awards
Ordered directly from titan support systems since I wanted maroon and to specify the size. 110 shipped and took 7 weeks. Buddy got one of the ready to order blue 10mm Longhorn Leverbelts I believe from Lifting Large because it was like 80ish shipped I THINK. Def cheaper and a bit quicker as long as you're happy with black, blue or blood red and don't need embroidering or anything special. But his still took like 5-6 weeks to show up.
Alright cool thanks man. I'll def check out the lever and its good to know that it doesn't take too long to break-in

gymguy21

Awards
Not really~~ But i also worked on them off of me like u did with a baseball glove when a kid.. lol

Cool man I was actually just thinking about that today. I didn't know if oiling would help as well