Powerlifting routines - AnabolicMinds.com

Powerlifting routines

1. New Member

Powerlifting routines

Ok so I know everyone loves westside and 5/3/1. But my goal is not consistency over a long period of time. I have not plateaued yet. What is the best powerlifting routine I can do for quicker gains than the 2 above stated. (I do not contest to them being the best) but as I have not plateaued I have no need for slow consistent progression. I want to add as much strength as I can by december

2. New Member

Bump
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Those are the best cookie cutter routines for fast strength and size. Hands down. Go to a powerlifting gym. Hire a trainer. Hire a nutritionist. Most gyms use those programs but you may be able to get more out of it since they can pick your form apart.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668
    Those are the best cookie cutter routines for fast strength and size. Hands down. Go to a powerlifting gym. Hire a trainer. Hire a nutritionist. Most gyms use those programs but you may be able to get more out of it since they can pick your form apart.
    This, there's other Powerlifting routines, I actually got a link to a good site for overall Olympic lift training (thanks JudoJosh). When I'm home I'll post it up here too
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  5. New Member

What about something like stronglifts? It says you add weight every workout. Seems like you'd make much more progress quickly on that. (until you plateau where then something like 5/3/1 seems more beneficial)
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  317 lbs.

Check out juggernaut or the 5x5, specifically this version - http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm
  7. New Member

Does 5x5 put on lots of mass? I don't wanna get too heavy
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

http://www.catalystathletics.com/workouts/

If you can handle it, and really know what you are doing in form and weights according to your progression, then give this workouts a shot. Warning they are more geared for a experienced lifter, but as far as progression and strength...damn they just look amazing.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

How much strength are you honestly expecting to add in such a short period of time? You're approaching this completely wrong in the sense that you're trying to rush something that takes years to truly learn and understand. I'll say this to you again: you are a wrestler, not a bodybuilder or a powerlifter. Your focus should be on addressing your wrestling training followed by your weight and then resistance training.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    How much strength are you honestly expecting to add in such a short period of time? You're approaching this completely wrong in the sense that you're trying to rush something that takes years to truly learn and understand. I'll say this to you again: you are a wrestler, not a bodybuilder or a powerlifter. Your focus should be on addressing your wrestling training followed by your weight and then resistance training.
    I'm just trying to make the best of the rest of my off season
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Danimozz View Post
    I'm just trying to make the best of the rest of my off season
    What's your current weight and weight class? Those are far more important than getting your bench up.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. New Member

185 wrestling 170. Trying to gain strength not weight. Gonna start cutting Mid october
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

185 wrestling 170. Trying to gain strength not weight. Gonna start cutting Mid october
    Westside is going to be your best bet, but you don't have nearly enough time to really get anything out of any routine since you're about to start dieting.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. New Member

Westside is going to be your best bet, but you don't have nearly enough time to really get anything out of any routine since you're about to start dieting.
    When cutting for wrestling my diet consists of nothing but protein shakes and salad. I've never had any trouble with gaining strength on this diet in the past. And since the season starts in December and continues through February I feel I have a good amount of time
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

When cutting for wrestling my diet consists of nothing but protein shakes and salad. I've never had any trouble with gaining strength on this diet in the past. And since the season starts in December and continues through February I feel I have a good amount of time
    No carb ups? No Solid protein sources?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

That's a freaking awful diet, but that's beside the point. You don't have much time at all. I'm going to guess practice starts in November and gaining strength in-season for any non-lifting sport is not likely and the goal is to really minimize loss of strength.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. New Member

Well that diet for me shreds fat and not only preserves muscle but allows for new muscle to be built. My strength continues to go up during season maybe that's weird and not normal but that's how it's always been
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Well that diet for me shreds fat and not only preserves muscle but allows for new muscle to be built. My strength continues to go up during season maybe that's weird and not normal but that's how it's always been
    If it's working as you claim, then why are you changing it?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  19. New Member

If it's working as you claim, then why are you changing it?
    I'm keeping the diet, but I'm changing up the routine. Gains have slowed dramatically
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I'm keeping the diet, but I'm changing up the routine. Gains have slowed dramatically
    They're interrelated.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

I can tell you for a fact it is not the routine. Gains in muscle mass and strength are strongly correlated to nutrition, without a proper one, it is normal that the outcomes are not ideal or the one's we hope for.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  22. New Member

I'll go with westside. Thanks guys
  23. New Member

Then I'll look into a better diet
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

If your calories are lower. Limit your attempts on max effort day to mostly doubles and singles as you work up to a max. And drop speed day volume by a couple sets to ensure proper recovery. instead of 10x2 on week 1 of three week wave, use 8 or 9 sets working down to 6 or 7 sets on by your third week.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  300 lbs.

lost cause
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Powerlifting routine Calculators
    By thaOrleanyte in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 07:41 PM
  2. Need a new powerlifting routine. did sheiko and WS now what?
    By hewj11 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 10:00 PM
  3. bulking and powerlifting/routine
    By lightweight57 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 11:32 AM
  4. Mixing in a powerlifting routine
    By teribleturtle in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 06:30 PM
  5. Matt ALRI...a powerlifting routine?