- 08-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Iam not a powerlifter but figured that this part of the site will have the most knowledgeable people on deadlift.
My problem is that lowering part of the deadlift does not feel natural too me..... On the lowering part of the deadlift I wait for my bar to go to knees and than drop my knees/hips the droping of the knees/hips with weight infront of me feel not natural.......
Any tips advices? I looked over several deadlift tutorials and when I look in the mirror my form looks good just feel not natural maybe I just have to get used it?
- 08-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Do you try to lower it with control or just, more or less, drop it? After each rep, I do a controlled drop of the bar.M.Ed. Ex Phys
- 08-23-2012, 05:28 PM
08-23-2012, 05:31 PM
08-23-2012, 05:44 PM
I do not just let go. But I have always been taught that the drop you should just drop. My friend I trained with had his STAR cert. He told me the negative of a dead lift wasn't useful and had a high risk for injury.** Take this with a grain of salt as it's an opinionated post from my phone based off what "a friend told me"** I work out at a gym with platforms for DL so I can drop it with out getting yelled at. My old gyms that was not an option and there had to be some control.
Again I am not throwing the weights or just letting go. I simply am not using energy on the negative I let my legs/ hips drop.
08-23-2012, 05:50 PM
08-23-2012, 06:17 PM
08-23-2012, 08:20 PM
08-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By PHWSSJ in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 10Last Post: 04-03-2007, 03:42 AM
- By iwannagetbig in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 07-23-2005, 05:55 PM
- By Rock Lee in forum Training ForumReplies: 23Last Post: 07-29-2004, 03:12 PM
- By tatortodd in forum Training ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 11-11-2003, 10:14 PM
- By tatortodd in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 10-07-2003, 01:09 AM