Wraps vs sleeves
- 05-09-2012, 03:12 PM
- 05-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Wraps give you more stability, especially knee wraps.M.Ed. Ex Phys
- 05-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Wraps will store some elastic energy on the descent in the squat and will give you a little bounce coming out of the hole. I've read articles that said some guys report getting another 15-20 pounds in their squat wearing wraps. That said, I don't use them. I haven't felt the need to and lift raw. Raw lifters cannot use wraps in the federation I lift in - the APF.
05-10-2012, 08:38 PM
05-11-2012, 09:10 AM
No, sleeves are generally worn to keep the heat generated by the body in, thereby keeping tendons and ligaments warm. I've found that for me, a good warmup does the job. During meets, if the flight I'm in is really big, or there's a ton of people competing, I just go to the warm up area and do some triples w 225 or so to keep warmed up every 15-20 minutes.Originally Posted by strongman_101
05-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Okay then. So long term use of wraps can weaken joints.
05-12-2012, 11:37 AM
So your knees and elbows are fine after yrs of heavy lifting?
05-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By badfish21981 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 15Last Post: 03-22-2012, 08:43 PM
- By Bw2506 in forum Supplement AuctionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-13-2011, 04:46 PM
- By SouthernCharm in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 05-31-2010, 10:25 AM
- By MrKleen73 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 60Last Post: 04-09-2010, 03:34 PM
- By SemiBulimic in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 3Last Post: 10-06-2009, 07:25 AM