New here

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.07%

New here

I will prob be lurking around and asking some questions from time to time so I figured I say hi.

My stats:
    height:6'
    weight:202
    compete in 198 lb class
    Training seriously now for 2 years

Max raw lifts
    Bench: 375
    Standing curl: 175
    strict curl: 155
    squat: 345
    dead: 400

My legs are pretty weak due to a poor blood circulation condition called P.A.D. (Peripheral Artery Disease). The more I lift the better they seem to get but it's very slow in gaining and doesn't heal nearly as fast.

I have done one cycle it was a basic test e 10 week cycle and I got great results. I am going to start my second cycle in a week. It will consist of test prop, masteron, and Anavar for 8 weeks.

Hope to continue to learn and gain more experience through this forum.

2. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Welcome to AM.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.76%

You're very young to have P.A.D. I assume it's a genetic or inherited problem. With that said, I would recommend you be very, very careful taking AAS with P.A.D. These compounds can raise blood pressure in many people and you are just asking for trouble if you have P.A.D. at 29 years old and then have hypertension on top of it. You don't want to be looking at cardiovascular disease or lower limb amputations down the road because you further exacerbated P.A.D. by taking compounds that raise your BP.
    Ultimately, what you do is up to you, but I really hope for your sake you have thorougly investigated P.A.D. and closely monitor your health if you are going to dabble with AAS. Your upper body strength is impressive, especially given your height and weight.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.07%

Quote Originally Posted by SRS2000 View Post
    You're very young to have P.A.D. I assume it's a genetic or inherited problem. With that said, I would recommend you be very, very careful taking AAS with P.A.D. These compounds can raise blood pressure in many people and you are just asking for trouble if you have P.A.D. at 29 years old and then have hypertension on top of it. You don't want to be looking at cardiovascular disease or lower limb amputations down the road because you further exacerbated P.A.D. by taking compounds that raise your BP.
    Ultimately, what you do is up to you, but I really hope for your sake you have thorougly investigated P.A.D. and closely monitor your health if you are going to dabble with AAS. Your upper body strength is impressive, especially given your height and weight.
    Well I haven't been officially diagnosed but I have done lots of research and talked with some docs who suspect thats what it is. I also have had varicose veins since my teen years. I hope down the road to get a treatment to get rid of em. Maybe this will help.

My bp is good and when I was on cycle it actually lowered my bp. I definitely do my best to keep everything in check. Unfortunately my family has lots of cardiovascular issues. Pretty much every man on my dads side of the family has heart or bp issues. My dad had a heart attack a while back around 50 years-old and my uncle had one at 40. Yeah we suck lol! The difference I hoping for me will be the fact that I eat good and work out a lot which is something they NEVER did. I also keep my body fat in the 9-12% area year round.

I only started working out legs about a year ago because of my issue but I have worked upper body on and off since middle school. This and my genetics have helped me get my upper body where it is. I hope to bench over 400 by the end of my next cycle. I will probably keep a log and post it up.
  5. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by SportbikeBob View Post
    Well I haven't been officially diagnosed but I have done lots of research and talked with some docs who suspect thats what it is. I also have had varicose veins since my teen years. I hope down the road to get a treatment to get rid of em. Maybe this will help.

My bp is good and when I was on cycle it actually lowered my bp. I definitely do my best to keep everything in check. Unfortunately my family has lots of cardiovascular issues. Pretty much every man on my dads side of the family has heart or bp issues. My dad had a heart attack a while back around 50 years-old and my uncle had one at 40. Yeah we suck lol! The difference I hoping for me will be the fact that I eat good and work out a lot which is something they NEVER did. I also keep my body fat in the 9-12% area year round.

I only started working out legs about a year ago because of my issue but I have worked upper body on and off since middle school. This and my genetics have helped me get my upper body where it is. I hope to bench over 400 by the end of my next cycle. I will probably keep a log and post it up.
    Sounds good, as mentioned, just be careful. I myself have the family history, but am happy knowing I am more fit and eating better than they did.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.07%

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Sounds good, as mentioned, just be careful. I myself have the family history, but am happy knowing I am more fit and eating better than they did.
    Let's hope it works out for us.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

varicose veins have nothing to do with PAD. its either inflow or outflow. you'd need to see a vascular surgeon for an arterial ultrasound for the arterial side. you could have venous stasis/claudication which is an outflow issue, whole other animal, often treated by general surgeons. agree you're far too young for PAD, and if thats the case your brain and heart arteries are shot too, so i would stay FAR away from strenuous activity until you know for sure.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.76%

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    varicose veins have nothing to do with PAD. its either inflow or outflow. you'd need to see a vascular surgeon for an arterial ultrasound for the arterial side. you could have venous stasis/claudication which is an outflow issue, whole other animal, often treated by general surgeons. agree you're far too young for PAD, and if thats the case your brain and heart arteries are shot too, so i would stay FAR away from strenuous activity until you know for sure.
    I would agree with this. If you do indeed have PAD, it doesn't just happen in isolation in the peripheral arteries. If your peripheral arteries are in bad shape, then it's a near certainty your coronary arteries have some significant level of blockage as well. I would also strongly recommend getting this checked out and finding out for sure if you have PAD.
    I would also recommend you keep a very close eye on your blood lipids (chol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides) given your family history. Again, taking AAS can have detrimental effects on blood lipid levels so that's also something to consider.
    I would certainly agree with the overall sentiment that regular training (assuming it's safe) and a good diet will be good for your overall health. I just don't think the anabolics are a great idea given your family history.
    Either way, stay on top of things and good luck.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.07%

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    Yeah I know varicose veins have nothing to do with PAD but I had all the symptoms. I sure hope your right. The pain I get is awful just by standing for longer then 10 minutes. When I was little my parents used to have to wrap my legs with hot towels to keep my from crying so I could go to sleep all the way to the age of 8-9 years-old. I def need to get checked out but unfortunately I am broke ass out of work Master Mechanic.

Aspirin helps and alcohol helps a lot too but I rarely drink, which is good. I figure as long as I keep an eye on blood pressure and cholesterol I should be ok. At least until I can get checked out. Stopping training is out of the question.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.1%

Welcome. As you probably know, people here are always helpful and willing to help out without the ridicule and alpha male bs that other forums have.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.36%

Gotta agree on this, even though i haven't been here long no forum is worse than bodybuilding.com's forum
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.35%

Quote Originally Posted by SportbikeBob View Post
    Yeah I know varicose veins have nothing to do with PAD but I had all the symptoms. I sure hope your right. The pain I get is awful just by standing for longer then 10 minutes. When I was little my parents used to have to wrap my legs with hot towels to keep my from crying so I could go to sleep all the way to the age of 8-9 years-old. I def need to get checked out but unfortunately I am broke ass out of work Master Mechanic.

Aspirin helps and alcohol helps a lot too but I rarely drink, which is good. I figure as long as I keep an eye on blood pressure and cholesterol I should be ok. At least until I can get checked out. Stopping training is out of the question.
    Have you ever tried TED hose? They are compression stockings/socks. Look ghey but they make a huge difference. I used to work 10+ hr shifts on my feet the whole time and if I used these my legs felt 100% better.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.07%

Quote Originally Posted by Turk1976 View Post
    Have you ever tried TED hose? They are compression stockings/socks. Look ghey but they make a huge difference. I used to work 10+ hr shifts on my feet the whole time and if I used these my legs felt 100% better.
    Dude that is genius! I have to try them. However I had been making great progress with my squats and deads when I tore a hamstring. I swear my legs hate me. After two months I can finally work on my legs again. Did some deads today that felt pretty good. I will get my squats nice into the 400s for sure next year and hopefully a dead lift over 500.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  281 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Welcome to AM
    PrimeNutrition.com > 20% Off Coupon Code = theneck
    BlackStoneLabs.co/ >
    10% Off Coupon Code = theneck