Low Rack Pull or Deficit Pull input before April 9th hurry! - AnabolicMinds.com

Low Rack Pull or Deficit Pull input before April 9th hurry!

  1. Senior Member
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1091

    Reputation

    Low Rack Pull or Deficit Pull input before April 9th hurry!


    ok basically for the past several weeks i have been doing DE squats 6 x 2 and then afterwards pulling heavy singles or doubles for deadlift then doing accessory work. For Max effort I rotated full ROM squats,Good Mornings and box squats with the 2ndary work being box squats... I wasnt really feeling it this week and missed my 440 deadlift.. It came of the ground easy and stalled at the shins, I let my hips high during the lift as well...But my question is since it came of the ground easy and i had sloppy from should i do a max pin pull from the shin? or should i work on pulling of a elivated platform so that im stronger of the ground? beacuse i heard u actually stall a couple inches above the sticking point.. ID love some help

  2. Advanced Member
    TheLastRonin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    591

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    ok basically for the past several weeks i have been doing DE squats 6 x 2 and then afterwards pulling heavy singles or doubles for deadlift then doing accessory work. For Max effort I rotated full ROM squats,Good Mornings and box squats with the 2ndary work being box squats... I wasnt really feeling it this week and missed my 440 deadlift.. It came of the ground easy and stalled at the shins, I let my hips high during the lift as well...But my question is since it came of the ground easy and i had sloppy from should i do a max pin pull from the shin? or should i work on pulling of a elivated platform so that im stronger of the ground? beacuse i heard u actually stall a couple inches above the sticking point.. ID love some help
    This. Try doing a bit of speed work from the shins as well.
  3. Senior Member
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1091

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    This. Try doing a bit of speed work from the shins as well.
    thanks i did it f rom the bottom pin right at the shin, i pulled 455 strapless and my back was a bit sore too .... ahh i think friday ill go for a 445 pull
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    TheLastRonin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    591

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    thanks i did it f rom the bottom pin right at the shin, i pulled 455 strapless and my back was a bit sore too .... ahh i think friday ill go for a 445 pull
    Nice, go for it.
  5. New Member
    Ironhyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    148

    Reputation

    I've added in deficit deadlifts a couple different times. Everytime I went back to pull from the floor, I was weaker and my form was off. Not a fan. I am a big fan of heavy rack pulls though. I get a lot of carryover from them in my deadlift.
  6. Senior Member
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1091

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhyde View Post
    I've added in deficit deadlifts a couple different times. Everytime I went back to pull from the floor, I was weaker and my form was off. Not a fan. I am a big fan of heavy rack pulls though. I get a lot of carryover from them in my deadlift.
    deficit pulls helped me a bit, idk if it actually helped or it just helped cuz i cycled of regular deads haha.... well see friday
  7. Advanced Member
    TheLastRonin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    591

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhyde View Post
    I've added in deficit deadlifts a couple different times. Everytime I went back to pull from the floor, I was weaker and my form was off. Not a fan. I am a big fan of heavy rack pulls though. I get a lot of carryover from them in my deadlift.
    I use them with lighter weight for higher reps and speed at the end of a DL workout, it is awesome for sticking points on the floor. HRP are awesome though, definitely a great carry over.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Rack Pull Ups or Pull Up?
    By philek9 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 12:46 PM
  2. Pull up bar
    By jumpshot903 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 06:39 PM
  3. PULL UPS
    By Bigguy851 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 10:53 AM
  4. Lat Pull Down
    By jbono731 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 06:30 PM
  5. rack pull reps range?
    By dlew308 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in