- 02-05-2010, 07:41 PM
- 02-05-2010, 08:36 PM
no the single greatest test is deadlift
- 02-05-2010, 08:37 PMApplied Nutriceuticals Representative
FACEBOOK FAN PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
02-06-2010, 10:48 AM
it is the best exercise to raise GH levels. its damned hard to do too.
02-07-2010, 12:51 PM
It's a very technical and difficult lift, but a poor test of overall power.
02-21-2010, 01:56 PM
02-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Deadlifts and squats are great examples of maximum strength, not power - at least in the sense I think that the OP is inquiring about. Power lifts = power clean, snatch, etc.
I think he's referring to strength x speed = power. Some people may be able to deadlift 600lbs, yet cannot power clean 225lbs. And people that can power clean 225lbs. may not be able to deadlift 600lbs. I would consider the person who can power clean with the most weight to be the most powerful.
But, this argument can go in circles, and usually ends up being an argument over semantics.
Similar Forum Threads
- By crossfittb in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 17Last Post: 12-03-2011, 06:38 PM
- By Jmaths in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 0Last Post: 05-15-2009, 12:39 AM
- By goslamacamel in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 04-14-2008, 04:40 AM
- By bound in forum Training ForumReplies: 13Last Post: 02-18-2008, 04:25 AM
- By MIJ in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 33Last Post: 05-19-2007, 01:08 PM