1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.28%

Sheiko 37

Who's done it? Gains?

I was planning on starting it, but then I noticed that there isn't anything for biceps and lats.

Opinions on the program and strength/size gains?

Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.96%

Have ran it twice and loved it. Recomp was good and I probobly should have stayed with it longer b/c I could stand to lose some lbs. I would just follow the original template for 2 separate runs so you get in a groove then make some adjustments baised on what your body is telling you.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.28%

Cool, thanks for the feedback man.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.06%

If you take supplements you cant take the credit for how you look or the lifts you make! I would work really hard and do it myself! At least you can say I did it and you dont have to show someone a bottle with a name on it!
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by loganccga View Post
    If you take supplements you cant take the credit for how you look or the lifts you make! I would work really hard and do it myself! At least you can say I did it and you dont have to show someone a bottle with a name on it!
    I disagree.
    SFW and GFH
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.48%

Quote Originally Posted by loganccga View Post
    not sure where that comment is coming from, OP is asking about a program not a supplement

Clay, its a good program but very demanding, you will know the meaning of DOMS like never before. You might try Sheiko 29 as that is the entry level program, i dont think it will short-change your potential gains and it will ease you into Sheiko. I ran two 37's back-to-back, i had great gains on my bench and squat, but by the end of cycle two my DL went crashing down, I think it was too much DL volume for me.

I did two other sheiko programs a few months after, primarily because I had been sick for a several weeks and my gym numbers declined badly across the board. I found it a great way to regain my strength and GPP.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

if you like to bring yourself close to puking/fainting/dying then sheiko is for you.

In all seriousness, its a great program that has potential to give good results. That is if your GPP is ready for it
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.06%

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Who's done it? Gains?

I was planning on starting it, but then I noticed that there isn't anything for biceps and lats.

Opinions on the program and strength/size gains?
    I'm a veteran of the Sheiko 37 program. The one I am referring to is the 9 week cycle: 4 week preparation cycle, 5 week competition cycle.

There isn't anything for biceps and lats? Let me tell you something...you will do plenty of deadlifting, and that will work your lats more than you care to know.

As for your biceps...the biceps also function for shoulder flexion, not just elbow flexion, and you will bench 3X per week. Your biceps will not feel neglected.

This routine is very simple, in theory. You do A LOT OF REPS every week with the Big 3. The focus is on the Big 3, and places less emphasis on assistance exercises. There ARE assistance exercises on most workout days, though, but what I am saying is that you will get very good at doing the squat, bench, and deadlift movements simply because you will be doing them so often.

Does this mean it's easy, focusing purely on form? On the contrary...the workouts take 2 hours if done properly. Sometimes 2.5, especially if you wear gear. Many times I have quit a workout early because I was so overwhelmed and exhausted. The word "grueling" comes to mind.

Strength gains are a given if you follow the routine. There's no way your body can NOT gain strength on this routine, unless you don't eat enough and deprive yourself of sleep.

You will feel very weak during the first 5 weeks of this routine. Most of the routine, you won't feel very strong. But at the end of those 9 weeks, your strength will be at its peak, and you will be the strongest you've ever been.

As far as size gains go, that is entirely up to you and your kitchen.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Who's done it? Gains?
    1RM Bench went up 50lbs last winter.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

50lbs??? Thats money!
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Also my 2 cents....

I you want to start sheiko, i would suggest starting with 29, which i believe is the "beginner" cycle, so you know what you what you are getting yourself into.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.28%

Sorry I hadn't replied, I just stopped coming back.
    Thanks for all the replies.

I just finished Sheiko 29. Increases have been phenomenal, though I'll be testing my maxes next week.

I'll correct myself and say that yes, even though there isn't any direct upper back work, I did feel it. Workouts took 2.5 - 3 hours. Great sessions.

Similar Forum Threads

1. sheiko for mass
    By allstar504448 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 02:08 AM
  2. Help with Sheiko
    By hamr9 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 12:23 PM
  3. RxP 5x5 and a little Sheiko to boot...
    By rxp1997 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 03:38 PM
  4. Sheiko Effects
    By bigironkiller in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 03:35 PM