Why is everyone mad on Nolva for PCT??

G

gruntjc

Awards
Hi all,

This is my first post on this board.

Wont bore you with my stats, but briefly.. I've been training for 12 years.. 160kg bench, 180kg deadlift and 160kg squat (all 1RM). Am still natural but am about to start my first cycle of test enanthate at 500mg/week. Will finish with Stana, and Arimidex (wanted letrozole, but very hard to obtain).

Have heard of many guys just using nolva and clomid for PCT and I'm just curious... why??? Nolva is an estrogen blocker... it merely blocks estrogen from hitting the receptor. It doesnt actually lower estrogen levels (which is what you want post cycle as, for startes, it will reduce bloat from all the excess estrogen floating around your system from the enanthate).. like letro or arimidex.

So... will someone please explain to me (and others) why nolva is the choice for PCT.

p.s. just in case you were wondering, the stan will be consumed just after my last shot of test. this should allow me to keep gaining while the aromatase enzyme clears my system.

Cheers all!!

JC

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Have heard of many guys just using nolva and clomid for post cycle therapy and I'm just curious... why??? Nolva is an estrogen blocker... it merely blocks estrogen from hitting the receptor. It doesnt actually lower estrogen levels (which is what you want post cycle as, for startes, it will reduce bloat from all the excess estrogen floating around your system from the enanthate).. like letro or arimidex.
The general rule, which is often broken, is AI while on cycle to control estrogen levels, SERM while off. AIs can be good for raising test post cycle, but I think nonsteroidal AIs because of the way they work have a tendency toward estrogen rebound. Look up posts by Dr. D, he's got a lot of info on very effective PCT protocols. You don't want estrogen too low during or after a cycle, it's pretty critical for GH production and that's something that will help you maintain gains post cycle.

So... will someone please explain to me (and others) why nolva is the choice for PCT.
As far as the SERMS go, to date from what I know, it's the most effective PCT compound with the best gyno protection. Clomid is apparently a bit better at raising test faster, but a lot of people want the trade off for the better gyno protection. There are a couple newer ones available that may work out to be better in the long run like toremifine What's more, lots of people have a bad reaction to clomid and don't want to dry up their joints post cycle either by using an AI to push estrogen down too much. So the basically overall the SERMS are cheap and get the job done in a way that's generally more conducive to what you want post cycle.