Retain

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
What's the best way to run Retain over the course of a PCT? I've read several different methods of a straight 3 caps ed, or I've seen 3 caps ed first 2 weeks dropping to 2 caps ed 3rd week, then 1 cap ed 4th week.
I'd appreciate some input on this. thanks

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I ran 3 caps throughout the entire pct and it seemed to work fine.

rocknroll

Awards
I ran 3 caps throughout the entire post cycle therapy and it seemed to work fine.
Hey idunk, do you like to run Rebound during your PCT too? I'm considering running the Retain during the PCT and then saving the Rebound for after PCT. Thoughts?

D-termine

D-termine

Awards
3/day dried me out, I dropped to 2/day, 3 on extra stressful days

Mess

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing a 6 week PCT and was wondering the same thing in my thread, trying to master post cycle therapy, anyway Dr.D advised me to drop the dose by end of week three, i'm currently taking 3/ed, i'll make it 2/ed for weeks 4&5 and then 1/ed for week 6

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Hey idunk, do you like to run Rebound during your post cycle therapy too? I'm considering running the Retain during the PCT and then saving the Rebound for after PCT. Thoughts?
I hate Rebound. Killed my libido.

Why would you run Rebound after PCT?

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the input guys, I thought some of you were ramping down the Retain in your PCT's.

RocknRoll, I'm with idunk, why would you run RXT after a PCT? Doesn't make any sense to me. If you're going to use it at all, use it during your PCT.

rocknroll

Awards
thanks for the input guys, I thought some of you were ramping down the Retain in your post cycle therapy's.

RocknRoll, I'm with idunk, why would you run RXT after a post cycle therapy? Doesn't make any sense to me. If you're going to use it at all, use it during your PCT.
I'm hearing ya loud and clear guys. Thanks a ton for clarifying. :thumbsup: When I was first researching and planning, I had initially seen Rebound in a few other PP plans and was just following along. I began reading more and more posts saying what you two are saying..."Why?"

I will enjoy the money savings as these cycles ain't cheap. Supports and PCT, etc. adds up. Wish I would've discovered "Cycle Support" before I began pre-loading. Just started first ever cycle today (pheraplex). Obviously I'm stoked and looking forward to it bigtime!:woohoo:

Thanks again.

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
I'm hearing ya loud and clear guys. Thanks a ton for clarifying. :thumbsup: When I was first researching and planning, I had initially seen Rebound in a few other PP plans and was just following along. I began reading more and more posts saying what you two are saying..."Why?"

I will enjoy the money savings as these cycles ain't cheap. Supports and post cycle therapy, etc. adds up. Wish I would've discovered "Cycle Support" before I began pre-loading. Just started first ever cycle today (pheraplex). Obviously I'm stoked and looking forward to it bigtime!:woohoo:

Thanks again.
Just finishing up my second week of PP and it is Brilliant! Enjoy the ride, I have 9lbs added thus far. I too wish I had known about cycle support prior to ordering all my supps. Best of luck mate.

Cheers

rocknroll

Awards
Just finishing up my second week of PP and it is Brilliant! Enjoy the ride, I have 9lbs added thus far. I too wish I had known about cycle support prior to ordering all my supps. Best of luck mate.

Cheers
Thanks Irish_Rogue. Back at ya. Nine freakin' pounds in 2 weeks is VERY NICE . Keep it up Bro!:bb3: VERY ENCOURAGING!

What else are you using in your post cycle therapy besides Retain? Have you used Retain before?

As a side note, how is your diet on the PP cycle?

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
Nine pounds is NICE Irish! :bb: Keep it up.

Mind sharing your post cycle therapy, diet, goals, stats? Too bad you don't have a log going Bro.
Not to steal any ones thread.

Preloaded for 3 weeks:
RYR/CoQ10, Saw Palmetto, Milk Thistle, Pol, fish/flax, multi, hawthorne berry, and some others( forgot the load)

PP:
Week1 10mg
Week2 20 mg
Week3 30mg
Week4 20mg/ 10 mg SD
Week5 10-20mg SD (depends on my body reaction
Week6 10-20mg SD

PCT:
Same supps as preload and "ON", fenugreek, AX Perfect Cycle
Week1 60 mg Nolva, 3 caps retain, 200 DHEA
Week2 40 Nolva, 3 caps retain, 200 DHEA
Week3 40 Nolva, 3 caps retain, 100 DHEA
Week4 20 Nolva, 2 caps retain, 100 DHEA
Week5 20 Nolva, 2 caps retain, 50 DHEA
Also have InhibitE not decided on it as of yet

Age 32
5'10"
Start 185lbs
Current 194lbs

Eating between 3000-3500 KCals daily, almost all my fat comes from fish/flax. Tracking it on fitday.com. Water intake is near the 2 gallon mark ( bog break every 30 min).

My goal was to get to 210 and then try to cut down to an even 200lbs.

Mess

Awards
  • Established
Just finishing up my second week of PP and it is Brilliant! Enjoy the ride, I have 9lbs added thus far.
Cheers
Let me rephrase this to be sure that i'm hearing you clear, you've gained 9 lbs being on PP(phera plex) for two weeks ?? anything else with it ?? how much do you keep after PCT?

if this is the case, i will stop using aas and start a couple of cycles immediately

keep pumpin bro

Mess

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
Let me rephrase this to be sure that i'm hearing you clear, you've gained 9 lbs being on PP(phera plex) for two weeks ?? anything else with it ?? how much do you keep after post cycle therapy?

if this is the case, i will stop using anabolic steroids and start a couple of cycles immediately

keep pumpin bro

Mess
Still ON, doing a combined 6 weeks. I account some of it to that I have been bulking for a few weeks prior to the start of the cycle. I am being very strict with the diet and not cheating at all. I did a 1AD 4AD cycle years ago for 8 weeks and gained 22+ lbs on it. If I could get another 10 lbs out of the next 4 weeks and keep 10 of the 19lbs of it I would be happy.

rocknroll

Awards
Not to steal any ones thread.

Preloaded for 3 weeks:
RYR/CoQ10, Saw Palmetto, Milk Thistle, Pol, fish/flax, multi, hawthorne berry, and some others( forgot the load)

PP:
Week1 10mg
Week2 20 mg
Week3 30mg
Week4 20mg/ 10 mg superdrol
Week5 10-20mg SD (depends on my body reaction
Week6 10-20mg SD

post cycle therapy:
Same supps as preload and "ON", fenugreek, AX Perfect Cycle
Week1 60 mg Nolva, 3 caps retain, 200 DHEA
Week2 40 Nolva, 3 caps retain, 200 DHEA
Week3 40 Nolva, 3 caps retain, 100 DHEA
Week4 20 Nolva, 2 caps retain, 100 DHEA
Week5 20 Nolva, 2 caps retain, 50 DHEA
Also have InhibitE not decided on it as of yet

Age 32
5'10"
Start 185lbs
Current 194lbs

Eating between 3000-3500 KCals daily, almost all my fat comes from fish/flax. Tracking it on fitday.com. Water intake is near the 2 gallon mark ( bog break every 30 min).

My goal was to get to 210 and then try to cut down to an even 200lbs.
Cool. Apologies for the tangent on this thread. Got excited. Irish, you and I have VERY similar programs, size, age, etc. (No SD for me though...)

Good luck!

Back on topic...wasn't going to but I will taper the Retain. Glad I found this thread. Thanks guys.

rocknroll

Awards
If anyone else out there tapers the Retain I would be interested in seeing your taper plan and/or rationale for tapering...

For those who don't, are there any particular reasons why you don't taper?

rocknroll

Awards
I'm going to PCT with Nolva, Retain, fenu, DHEA, and maybe some maca.

Was thinking about adding AX's PCT with it...pros/cons anyone? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

General_Jah

Awards
I'm going to post cycle therapy with Nolva, Retain, fenu, DHEA, and maybe some maca.

Was thinking about adding AX's PCT with it...pros/cons anyone? Any insight is greatly appreciated.
I've seen Fenu in quite a few peoples PST. I read a little about it on another site but dont' see the rationale for taking it on PST. If someone could elaborate for me I'd appreciate it!

rocknroll

Awards
I've seen Fenu in quite a few peoples PST. I read a little about it on another site but dont' see the rationale for taking it on PST. If someone could elaborate for me I'd appreciate it!
Good question...I believe there are several reasons although I am not a molecular level type guy. I apologize if this is too barbaric or elementary...

First it is supposed to help increase libido. Often, PCT and products taken during PCT suppress libido. Many people swear by fenu as a great libido booster. I remember asking about fenu once and getting some info about it being a saponin (sp?) which has the tendency and potential to increase testosterone levels. Tribulus, fenu, and maca are all saponins and you will often see one or more of these products in PCTs.

Also, it is thought to have a positive effect on cholesterol and blood sugar levels, arthritic conditions and suposedly it can help with kidney, digestive, diabetes, and arthritis issues. Hope this helps!

General_Jah

Awards
Good question...I believe there are several reasons although I am not a molecular level type guy. I apologize if this is too barbaric or elementary...

First it is supposed to help increase libido. Often, post cycle therapy and products taken during PCT suppress libido. Many people swear by fenu as a great libido booster. I remember asking about fenu once and getting some info about it being a saponin (sp?) which has the tendency and potential to increase testosterone levels. Tribulus, fenu, and maca are all saponins and you will often see one or more of these products in PCTs.

Also, it is thought to have a positive effect on cholesterol and blood sugar levels, arthritic conditions and suposedly it can help with kidney, digestive, diabetes, and arthritis issues. Hope this helps!
Awesome!! That is what I am really trying to research right now, some things I can take during my PCT to help my libido. I just hooked up with this chick and as luck would have it, RIGHT at the end of my gd cycle :/

I started taking tribulus yesterday, do you think taking both would be overkill or could it only help with the libido?

thanks for the heads up!

rocknroll

Awards
Awesome!! That is what I am really trying to research right now, some things I can take during my post cycle therapy to help my libido. I just hooked up with this chick and as luck would have it, RIGHT at the end of my gd cycle :/

I started taking tribulus yesterday, do you think taking both would be overkill or could it only help with the libido?

thanks for the heads up!
No I think you would be ok running both. Might want to research the trib as some say it does not do what it is supposed to do. Probably depends on how you respond as others swear by it. I also recommend looking into Maca. I have never taken it although it is a pretty common support supp. It's another saponin (inexpensive) that is to boost test and libido although the fenu is most popular for libido. There was/is one case I have read about where a guy began lactating and he thinks it was due to the fenu as fenu is supposed to help lactating women but that was one case. MANY MANY MANY have and do take it during PCT. I know just enough to steer you in this direction. Definitely look into them. Glad I could help a little. Oh yeah, it is also really best to be saved/used for PCT. In terms of dosage it should ramp it up/increase. For example, I have run it about 1g/day for the first week of PCT, 2g/day for week two, 3g/day for week 3.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have read that when taking 75mg of Retain ed during post cycle therapy it's best to split the dosages (1 pill at three different times in the day). Is it better to take one of these servings pre- or post- workout or does it not make any difference? I'm inclined to think that taking a dose post-workout makes the most sense as cortisol levels are elevated during this time. What does everyone think?

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I take retain in the morning when cortisol is elevated, pre workout ( studies show the reduced cortisol helps maintain higher levels or testosterone after a workout), and at night when cortisol is high again. you could also take one about 4 hrs after waking because cort spikes again at this time. and sorry I dont have a link to the studies but there are some on this site. I think taking retain after a workout is too late.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take retain in the morning when cortisol is elevated, pre workout ( studies show the reduced cortisol helps maintain higher levels or testosterone after a workout), and at night when cortisol is high again. you could also take one about 4 hrs after waking because cort spikes again at this time. and sorry I dont have a link to the studies but there are some on this site. I think taking retain after a workout is too late.
Thanks Wasted...it did occur to me that Retain may take some time to kick in and would therefore be better to take pre-workout...much appreciated.